Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 19, 24, 01:24:34:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660634 Posts in 298611 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: I have discovered... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: I have discovered...  (Read 432 times)
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« on: 05 01, 23, 01:01:29:PM » Reply

...the pleasure of a riding lawn mower.  Now I know why my husband loves to get out on the John Deere so often.  He was injured at work Friday night, so he's down for a while and Saturday morning was bemoaning that he couldn't get out and mow.  So I said, I'll do it.  And boy, that was 3 hours of bliss.  I could get real used to playing with his toys, LOL LOL LOL

Now, if I can just make paths wide enough around my wetlands to drive it, I could really have a hayday !!!
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #1 on: 05 01, 23, 05:11:13:PM » Reply

Sadly, Democrats will seek to ban lawnmowers and lawns!
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #2 on: 05 01, 23, 05:19:18:PM » Reply

I LOVED my little John Deere. Wish I kept it when I moved but my yard is so small now, but has a killer slope when you have bad knees.
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #3 on: 05 01, 23, 05:22:24:PM » Reply

Bad knees are never fun!

I hope yours improve!
takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #4 on: 05 02, 23, 01:12:10:PM » Reply

We still want a tractor so we can do more of the heavy excavation and restoration ourselves.  I have been doing it all by hand for the past nearly 7 years...(my 5 year plan was thrown out the window by year 2).  But I have discovered some beautiful native plants along the way and learning how to be a good steward of our property, which started out as a more than 100 acre family farm.
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #5 on: 05 05, 23, 07:39:10:PM » Reply

Our 12 year old neighbor came and said that he wanted to mow my lawn for free.  He is so cute and I said that I would love him to mow my lawn but I couldn't let him do it for nothing and he said 'but you're just like a grandma to me'.  I had to think quick and I said 'but did you know that grandma's give pocket money'?  His face broke into a big smile and he said 'ok then'.  He's been mowing my three lawns for 2 years now and doing a great job and I get to concentrate on pruning while my son does the heavy weeding.  It's been a great arrangement.
takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #6 on: 05 06, 23, 12:43:59:PM » Reply

That's wonderful!  I love enterprising young people.  I wish we could find someone like that around here. I have tried multiple times to hire teens and they want no less than $20 an hour and only want to work a couple hours at a time.  When our grandkids come, they are more productive picking up pinecones and helping Grampa stack wood. 
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #7 on: 05 07, 23, 12:11:54:AM » Reply

I paid him $10 at first as he's very quick and they are small lawns but I've raised it to $12 this year as it's been tougher after all the rain we've had and the grass has got so much thicker.  He gets treats too.
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: I have discovered...
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory