Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 11:17:06:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653434 Posts in 297922 Topics by 308 Members
Latest Member: JerryEcold
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Gonna say Happy New Year a bit early~~~ 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Gonna say Happy New Year a bit early~~~  (Read 341 times)
sunshine
Contributor

« on: 12 30, 22, 05:17:24:AM » Reply

Happy New Year! The last 2 years have not been the best, can only get better...right?

* 134915358_10217609557900030_45351347213149847_n.jpg (484.21 KB, 1980x1485 - viewed 16 times.)
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #1 on: 01 02, 23, 12:39:55:PM » Reply

Slept right through it...LOL

We've had our grandkids home and their schedule is vastly different from ours, so not much sleep, LOL

Happy New Year all, let's hope it's much better!
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #2 on: 01 02, 23, 01:24:07:PM » Reply

A new year but the same miserable people ruining the country!
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #3 on: 01 06, 23, 06:40:58:AM » Reply

Nothing ever changes.
Jw2

DJB is a closet homo

« Reply #4 on: 01 08, 23, 04:10:57:PM » Reply

and here I thought this forum was to be non-political non-partisan.  fact of the matter is, d2 can't identify any real harm from the way things are.

My parents always went out for New Years Eve.  The mrs and I saw a live comedy matinee show, ate at a new high end taco/tequila restaurant (excellent) and called it a night. 

3 W-2s and 3 1099s this year, down from 4 & 4 in 2021.  Won't reduce the cost of my CPA.  I did pay more in taxes than Trump.  Passed FRA and will start collecting SS in January.  Need Congress to make modest changes in SS now to firm up the future of SS.

The business of my primary PT job closed 12/30.  I hooked up with another position with same company, but I have to sit out my 60 day severance. Already have two jobs lined up lifeguarding and teaching swim lessons.

Completed 4 triathlons in '22.  Took 3rd place in my age group on one.  It pays to outlive the competition.  No injuries.  Put in 2,500 miles on my outdoor road bike.  Up for '21 but short of my 3k goal.  Will have more time on my hands to spend more time outdoor cycling.   

Plan to add 2 destination triathlons in '23.  Plan to visit either Panama or Portugal for extended visit, looking for place to retire comfortably.

My oldest moved, with our grandchildren, to Canada.  Canada doesn't want US retirees, it's too damn cold there anyway.  So, we have a lot of options.

Got through the past, good times and bad.  Ready for the future, planning for the best.
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #5 on: 01 08, 23, 06:22:08:PM » Reply

Hope 2023 is good for you JW.

I just want to retire...I'm tired after nearly 50 years in the workforce, dog tired...
Jw2

DJB is a closet homo

« Reply #6 on: 01 10, 23, 10:14:13:PM » Reply

Plenty of change ahead.

Working part-time in an interesting job with people I enjoy working with and for has been refreshing, fun. 

My younger brother retired (private sector and federal government) and started taking SS.  As a smoker, he doesn't expect to outlive me.  I know a number of trades people who are also tired, physically beat up and are retiring as early as they can.   

There were people I knew who retired and died shortly afterwards.  Sad, that they didn't get a chance to enjoy retirement.  Don't let that happen to you.
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Gonna say Happy New Year a bit early~~~
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory