Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 08:32:59:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653606 Posts in 297942 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Woman with a gun is a hero today 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Woman with a gun is a hero today  (Read 22 times)
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« on: 05 28, 22, 04:04:38:PM » Reply

An armed female bystander fatally shot a man in Charleston, West Virginia, after he allegedly opened fire into a crowd of people with a semi-automatic rifle, authorities said.

The Charleston Police Department said in a news release that 37-year-old Dennis Butler was found deceased late on Wednesday near an apartment complex with multiple gunshot wounds.

A crowd of partygoers had gathered for a birthday/graduation celebration that evening when Butler, who has an extensive criminal history, began shooting at the group at the Vista View Apartments on Renaissance Circle.

The woman, who has not been identified, was also attending the party and likely “saved several lives,” Tony Hazelett, a Charleston police spokesman, told a news conference on Thursday.

“Instead of running from the threat, she engaged with the threat and saved several lives last night,” Hazelett said.

No injuries were reported from those attending the party.

Tyke Hunt, Charleston’s police chief, told radio network MetroNews that Butler is a “multi-convicted felon” and had been in prison “a few times.” The police chief added that he personally had a run-in with him in the past.

“As a young police officer, I was a rookie and had about a year on, one of the most knocked-down dragged out fights I had was with Mr. Butler and he had a firearm on him at that time in 2006,” Hunt said during the station’s “Talkline” on Thursday.

Hunt explained that Butler was at the apartment complex earlier that evening in his vehicle, where he was allegedly told to slow down as he sped through an area where children were playing.

The chief said Butler left after the warning, but returned shortly afterward, parked in front of the housing complex, and opened fire. He was armed with an AR-15-style rifle that he shouldn’t be allowed to own due to his criminal record.

“He returned with a rifle … and fired in the direction of the crowd,” Hunt said, adding that it is unclear if there was intent of where to shoot.

“We are still investigating the direction of the firearm and where the rounds went, all the trajectory, and pulling video from that,” he said.

Hazelett said the woman who fired back did not have any law enforcement background and no charges would be filed against her.

“She’s just a member of the community who was carrying her weapon lawfully,” said Hazelett, adding that after the shooting incident, she remained at the scene and has fully cooperated with investigators.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/woman-fatally-shoots-man-who-opened-fire-into-crowd-holding-party-in-west-virginia_4497747.html
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #1 on: 05 29, 22, 05:17:04:PM » Reply

Democrats would have made self-defense illegal and killed all those people!
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #2 on: 05 29, 22, 05:23:39:PM » Reply

Liberals oppose individual rights.
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

« Reply #3 on: 05 29, 22, 05:25:17:PM » Reply

Democrats insist they own you, your children, your property, and your labor!

In essence, Democrats insist you are their slave!
D2D

« Reply #4 on: 05 30, 22, 04:47:37:PM » Reply

Your children are a sacrifice Democrats are happy to make!
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Woman with a gun is a hero today
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About