Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 09:52:30:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653421 Posts in 297920 Topics by 308 Members
Latest Member: JerryEcold
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Round three for snow 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Round three for snow  (Read 429 times)
sunshine
Contributor

« on: 01 17, 22, 01:11:06:PM » Reply

Coming again on the weekend. I'm right in the middle of the storm track for snow....again. It's really the 4th snow but  one was only an inch. Yesterday we got the 3-4 inches with ice and sleet but going to 40 and melt some away.

* 271987060_4663394190404358_3266740762584906660_n.jpg (227.08 KB, 1920x1080 - viewed 56 times.)
Jw2

DJB is a closet homo

« Reply #1 on: 01 17, 22, 01:55:36:PM » Reply

The chilliest temperatures of the season are ahead for Tampa Bay following a destructive cold front

https://wusfnews.wusf.usf.edu/weather/2022-01-17/the-chilliest-temperatures-of-the-season-are-ahead-for-tampa-bay-following-a-destructive-cold-front

takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #2 on: 01 17, 22, 08:18:56:PM » Reply

Mother Nature is still in charge...
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #3 on: 01 18, 22, 06:29:03:AM » Reply

Always in charge...we're just passing though.
Jw2

DJB is a closet homo

« Reply #4 on: 01 21, 22, 08:26:25:AM » Reply

typically, this is the coldest week of the year...and that's the case today and the next few days.  2 degrees at sunrise this morning.  but no snow.

Rare Ice Storm Poised to hit Carolina Beaches

It's been nearly seven years since the National Weather Service office in Wilmington, North Carolina, last issued an ice warning for its area. Now, over 10 million people along coastal parts of Virginia and the Carolinas are under winter weather alerts.
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #5 on: 01 22, 22, 05:29:07:AM » Reply

My sister was telling me last week....move to NC, we don't get storms like that on the coast...well, yes she does. Hope they don't lose power, would not wish what I went through on anybody. My big concern in this house is we have fire sprinklers in the attic...if those pipes break, I don't want to think about the damage that could be.
BTW...round 3 was a total miss in my area.
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #6 on: 01 22, 22, 12:08:58:PM » Reply

Do you have attic access?  Can you lay blankets over the pipes in that area, or wrap them in foam pipe wrap?

Before our last big freeze, we wrapped bubble wrap around our outdoor pump hydrant.  It's supposed to be one of those frost proof ones but we have no idea what it's actually rated at, since Washington doesn't get below zero very often.  We also used spray foam insulation around the sink pipes on the outside wall of the house. 
Jw2

DJB is a closet homo

« Reply #7 on: 01 22, 22, 01:20:44:PM » Reply

that kind of weatherproofing is standard in northern Illinois.  doesn't take much.

Stay off icy roads, officials warn after winter ice storm blasts Carolinas, Southeast with snow, sleet, rain
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #8 on: 01 22, 22, 03:35:56:PM » Reply

We had a major ice storm last year when big trees cracked and came down all over our small town and our arbor vitae bent double, some came down along with a big tree in our garden.  The cleanup was a neighborhood event.  Just got a text from my daughter in So. California saying 72mph winds last night causing havoc, trees and power lines down everywhere and they had a power cut and was running out of charge on her cell phone. 

So far here it's a mild day but it could change just like that as we're in the wicked weather season.  Stay safe everyone.
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Round three for snow
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory