Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 11:58:12:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653441 Posts in 297922 Topics by 308 Members
Latest Member: JerryEcold
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: The winter weather has arrived 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 Print
Author Topic: The winter weather has arrived  (Read 885 times)
sunshine
Contributor

« on: 01 03, 22, 07:06:10:AM » Reply

This week...took down Christmas decorations  in 70 degree weather wearing shorts...blew out some fall leaves on New Year day and today will be shoveling snow with temps dropping to 16 by tomorrow morning. That's Virginia in the winter!
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #1 on: 01 03, 22, 11:32:09:AM » Reply

Our temps finally rose and we were supposed to return to the rainy blahs...
Power went out about midnight last night, and we woke up to another 2-3" of snow on the ground, LOL

At least the power outage was short lived and was back on before we awoke.
takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #2 on: 01 04, 22, 01:37:58:PM » Reply

Hope you're okay, we heard the Virginia area got like 14" of snow!
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #3 on: 01 06, 22, 05:55:21:AM » Reply

Yes... we were the bullseye this time. Lost power from Mon 9 am until midday Wednesday. Our soon to leave governor was a total failure. The roads were not treated...it sucked. They tried to blame the new guy who has not taken office yet! Typical democrat blame others. I lost most of our food, water leaked out from the fridge and freezer. Thankfully none of my family was stuck on 95 all night. Hubby left for work the day before it hit. But our son was driving home from the midwest but never got stuck or stopped. Just took twice as long to get home as normally does.
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #4 on: 01 06, 22, 06:44:36:PM » Reply

What a time for a power outage sunshine!  Our snow hasn't returned here yet but the roads down in southern Oregon were very bad for the kids to travel back home, so they stayed an extra day.  They actually went skiing locally which was nice. 

I am actually glad to see the back of 2021 for many reasons and I'm hoping that 2022 will be a much better year for us all.
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #5 on: 01 07, 22, 04:14:43:PM » Reply

2022 sucks here so far.  Got another half inch of snow last night and even with the sun on that little bit on the concrete won't melt. Coldest temps in a very long time, might even be a record to hit the next few days for us.
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #6 on: 01 09, 22, 02:48:03:PM » Reply

Literally every single isle at my Giant grocery store with cool or frozen food is empty...unreal. Like a third world country. No bananas, very little apples. Never seen anything like it. No bagged salads. Very little produce.  I have photos but would have to resize them all. The chip isle is all pork rinds and fritos. No milk eggs cheese.
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #7 on: 01 09, 22, 07:02:25:PM » Reply

So sorry to hear that sunshine - that really makes life difficult.  Hope the grocery stores get their deliveries fast and then you'll have to fight the shoppers who have all run out.  We went to the market a few days ago and noticed the shelves were half empty and what was there went up in price.  Many shoppers like myself had their glasses steamed up from masks blocking nose and mouth!  What used to be a normally pleasant task is now torture!
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #8 on: 01 10, 22, 05:04:35:AM » Reply

I wear my mask again, too, not mandatory but so many are sick now. Hate how my glasses steam.
takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #9 on: 01 10, 22, 03:20:14:PM » Reply

We still have to wear them at work and we have to wear safety glasses too.  I started using anti-fog wipes on mine...it helps for a few days at a time.
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #10 on: 01 11, 22, 09:41:07:AM » Reply

Still empty shelves. I'm gonna take another look tomorrow see if we have any food. No reason for this.  The roads have looked great since Thursday.

* IMG_0840.jpg (311.28 KB, 1200x900 - viewed 50 times.)

* IMG_0842.jpg (207.56 KB, 1200x900 - viewed 48 times.)

* IMG_0846.jpg (233.23 KB, 1200x900 - viewed 48 times.)

* IMG_0848.jpg (214.31 KB, 1200x900 - viewed 53 times.)
Ladyelaine

« Reply #11 on: 01 11, 22, 12:28:05:PM » Reply

My sister lives in Deland Florida near Daytona Beach. She describes shelves at local grocery stores there as looking just like those. The shortage of food and household supplies seems to be an ongoing fiasco across the country.
Pages: 1 2 Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: The winter weather has arrived
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory