Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 19, 24, 05:08:43:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660561 Posts in 298600 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: ‘What a terrible thing to post’ - But then she is a terrible person 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 Print
Author Topic: ‘What a terrible thing to post’ - But then she is a terrible person  (Read 275 times)
wvit1001

« on: 10 24, 21, 03:39:31:PM » Reply

U.S. congresswoman Lauren Boebert joked about an old Alec Baldwin tweet regarding police shootings in the aftermath of the Rust accident, drawing criticism and derision online.

The tweet Boebert referenced is from 2014, where the actor states that he will make "banana-yellow t-shirts" that read, "My hands are up. Please don't shoot me."

Sunny Days Entertainment Sunny Days Barbie Dream Camper Pop-Up Play Tent Pink Bright - Outdoor Games At Academy Sports
On Oct. 21, news broke of the actor having accidentally shot and killed cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on the set of feature film Rust, of which he is an executive producer.

The Colorado congresswoman shared a screen grab of the 2014 tweet, asking Baldwin if they were still available, just a day after the shooting.

The joke drew much negative attention, with actress Rosanna Arquette criticizing the congresswoman for politicizing the tragedy.

"This was a tragic and horrible accident ms boebart and you should be ashamed of yourself politicizing it," she wrote.

Another user wrote that weaponizing the death of Halyna Hutchins is "the epitome of cruel intentions."

"This is Halyna Hutchins," the Twitter user wrote. "She is a woman, daughter, wife, mother, friend, and cinematographer that is deeply missed by loved ones. She recently tweeted how excited she was to work on the set of “Rust” with Alec. Weaponizing her death is the epitome of cruel intentions."

Another user wrote that it was the most "deeply horrible" thing they'd ever read.

"This is the most deeply horrible thing I've ever read," the user wrote in response to the congresswoman. "I can't imagine what it feels like to accidentally kill someone, but I imagine it feels a whole lot worse when people in a position of power mock and harass you right afterwards."

Others weighed in with their contempt for the tweet.

Baldwin tweeted a statement on Friday expressing his condolences and stating he is cooperating with authorities.

The Daily Dot has reached out to Rep. Boebert's press team regarding the tweet.
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #1 on: 10 24, 21, 08:17:43:PM » Reply

Baldwin deserves it!
zsq987
TRUMP = GREAT President; SOBama/Biden = WORST Presidents

Libs are Racists/Bigots against all White People.

« Reply #2 on: 10 25, 21, 12:52:08:PM » Reply

Overall, we rate Daily Dot Left Biased and Questionable based on the promotion of left-wing propaganda and conspiracy theories as well as false information, use of poor sources, and a lack of transparency.
wvit1001

« Reply #3 on: 10 25, 21, 12:56:24:PM » Reply

so you don't believe that Boebart actually posted this zoey?
gwboolean

« Reply #4 on: 10 25, 21, 01:38:42:PM » Reply

Everyone who touched the weapon is responsible for the death and injury.  Even a Twazi ignoranus moron should know that.  Baldwin is  guilty, as is everyone else in the chain. 

The only question was whether there was intent or if the death was completely accidental.  I suspect that there was no intent, but everyone who handled the weapon should be held responsible.
seahooker

« Reply #5 on: 10 25, 21, 01:45:12:PM » Reply

if you get drunk and run over and kill someone, is there intent?
wvit1001

« Reply #6 on: 10 25, 21, 01:48:53:PM » Reply

no.    but you'll be charged with the killing.
dont-blameme
Contributor

« Reply #7 on: 10 25, 21, 02:01:32:PM » Reply

Anything you post wvit should be subjected to a truth test, and your links should be investigated for un-American activities. 
wvit1001

« Reply #8 on: 10 25, 21, 02:05:33:PM » Reply

what have I ever lied to you about blammie?    you know I've never lied to you or tried to mislead you in any way. 
seahooker

« Reply #9 on: 10 25, 21, 02:10:36:PM » Reply

as Baldwin should be, charged, not necessarily found guilty.
seahooker

« Reply #10 on: 10 25, 21, 02:14:17:PM » Reply

Also as producer, he should bear some responsibility for the safety on the set.
seahooker

« Reply #11 on: 10 25, 21, 02:56:05:PM » Reply

Covit complains about Boebert's tweet, but thinks Baldwin's was ok. One way thinking!
Pages: 1 2 3 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: ‘What a terrible thing to post’ - But then she is a terrible person
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory