Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 29, 24, 10:13:34:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653716 Posts in 297947 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Banned On Social Media 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Banned On Social Media  (Read 101 times)
darkflower

« Reply #12 on: 05 07, 21, 05:12:47:AM » Reply

This is the real attack on democracy.
August West

« Reply #13 on: 05 07, 21, 07:20:38:AM » Reply

This is the real attack on democracy.
No. It was your terrorist buddies in the Capitol on Jan. 6th trying to install a lunatic defeated president.
warrenpees

Stable genius.

« Reply #14 on: 05 07, 21, 08:15:59:AM » Reply

Link me to the "FCC regulations" for social media.
darkflower

« Reply #15 on: 05 07, 21, 12:03:34:PM » Reply

They weren't my buddies. there was no attempt to impose anything and what happened that day was no big deal, but this bullshit is a direct attack on our rights and the heart of democracy. If you bastards can't see that then take your nonfunctioning brain and get lost.

repugs and dumbcrats, who is worse? A never ending race to the bottom.
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #16 on: 05 07, 21, 12:25:41:PM » Reply

Warren, the FCC has been setting standards for internet and communications of all kinds of a long time...it's why you can be held accountable for cyberstalking, spamming, robocalls.  Facebook may call itself "social media", but it's still just an internet resource, therefore covered by FCC regulations.  So it cannot just "do what it wants"...

Yes, section 230 of the FCC code is weak and will likely be revamped and yes, it's more than likely that before the FCC does that, FTC regulations will hit FB and other "social media" with stronger regulations.

But to say that it's wholly unregulated is a misnomer.  FB has long shown it has a double standard and allowing 3rd party checkers to do what the company should have been overseeing may be the thread of its unraveling.

Personally, I don't care if Trump gets back on FB, Twitter, or any other platform.  Life is much more peaceful without the extra spam in my inbox or on my FB feed from people getting hysterical over his tweets daily.

But to say that the company has the right to do what they want is like saying Derek Chauvin had the right to subdue George Floyd any way he wanted.  They might try it, but it comes back to bite them on the ass. 
warrenpees

Stable genius.

« Reply #17 on: 05 07, 21, 12:49:21:PM » Reply

Whoosh, you are full of shit.
zsq987
TRUMP = GREAT President; SOBama/Biden = WORST Presidents

Libs are Racists/Bigots against all White People.

« Reply #18 on: 05 07, 21, 02:45:32:PM » Reply

D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #19 on: 05 07, 21, 03:50:30:PM » Reply

takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #20 on: 05 08, 21, 04:09:30:AM » Reply

So warren...gwboolean seemed to use that "whoosh" too...
hmmmmmm, are you one in the same person?
August West

« Reply #21 on: 05 08, 21, 07:17:55:AM » Reply

They weren't my buddies. there was no attempt to impose anything and what happened that day was no big deal, but this bullshit is a direct attack on our rights and the heart of democracy. If you bastards can't see that then take your nonfunctioning brain and get lost.

repugs and dumbcrats, who is worse? A never ending race to the bottom.
Trying to steal the presidency is no big deal? Should all losing candidates form their own mob and try to take what isn`t theirs to take?
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #22 on: 05 08, 21, 11:33:10:AM » Reply

Who determines the outcome of the presidential election in a given state? Governors? Secretaries of state or boards of election superintendents? The courts? Fox News' decision desk? Nope. The president wins a state when electors selected by state legislatures conduct a vote in their respective states on Dec. 14. Thus, ultimately, according to the Constitution, the state legislators wind up serving as the kingmakers in a disputed election.

The Constitution, in Art. I, §4, cl. 1, gives state legislatures the power over the times, methods, and procedures of elections and provides no "public health emergency" exception that enables governors or judges to override them and create a new system for elections. At its core, this is why we have such post-election chaos, and it was by design – set in motion for years by the courts and crystalized over the past few months by using COVID-19 to remake the in-person voting electorate into a postal ballot free-for-all, in what Justice Gorsuch described as the greatest judicial intervention in elections in 230 years.

Art. II, Sec. 1, §2 of the Constitution stipulates that "Each State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct" the electors to vote for president. The Constitution gives Congress the authority to set the date of that vote, which, pursuant to 3 U.S.C. §7, is the Monday after the second Wednesday in December of presidential election years. This year it is Dec. 14.

Notice how the Constitution specifically gives the job of choosing electors to the legislature, and unlike with standard legislation, there is no shared jurisdiction or responsibility with the governor, much less some random state or federal judge. Charles Pinckney, one of the signers of the Constitution from South Carolina, reiterated on the Senate floor on Jan. 23, 1800, how careful the framers were to cut Congress out of the process.

https://www.theblaze.com/op-ed/horowitz-state-legislatures-rectify-election-fraud
Truman62

MAGA Policies bring Misery and Death to America!

« Reply #23 on: 05 08, 21, 11:47:42:AM » Reply

State legislators are to pick electors based on the outcome of the elections.

The election results were ALL fair and square.

No matter how much you SAY there was fraud, NO FRAUD was FOUND.

Thus electors were designated for Biden, and Biden was elected.

Yeah, simple as that.

What you BELIEVE doesn't matter, because given 60+ court cases, you could NOT prove a thing.

Yes, you had PLENTY of opportunity, but you have no credible evidence, no credible proof and no credible sources.

BELIEVING you have it does NOT make it so.

So STFU, sit down, and do better in next election.
Pages: 1 2 3 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Banned On Social Media
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About