Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 19, 24, 08:12:07:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660563 Posts in 298600 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Honking your horn while walking away from your vehicle 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Honking your horn while walking away from your vehicle  (Read 485 times)
August West

« on: 02 16, 21, 09:38:50:AM » Reply

Why do people do this? Do they think that the door lock button is untrustworthy or are they just looking for attention or just being obnoxious? If they don`t trust the door lock button what makes them think that the horn they are honking is a reliable indicator that their doors are locked? Perhaps when they do this they are actually unlocking the doors.
In any case, it`s rude and people who do this are a-holes.
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #1 on: 02 16, 21, 11:23:53:AM » Reply

I hit mine once and listen for the lock to move.
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #2 on: 02 16, 21, 12:56:50:PM » Reply

My husband multi-hits just to be a butthole, LOL

Actually, our fob locks the vehicle on the first click, sets the security on the 2nd click, so the horn honk tells us the security is on.  We have an internal fuel cut-off on our little truck, which is cool.  So if someone uses a key, other than the chipped one, it will automatically cut off fuel within a block or two.  I've never tested this though. 

We also have a panic button, that if we hit it, the horn honks incessantly until we click it again.  That is an obnoxious one for sure...LOL
August West

« Reply #3 on: 02 16, 21, 03:20:17:PM » Reply

If your husband doesn`t trust the doors to lock what makes him think the security system is more trustworthy? When he plays with that horn you need to slap his fingers and tell him to find another toy to play with. Enlighten him to how unnecessary noise is harmful to his hearing. My decades in a steel mill taught me that lesson. Hearing aids are a nuisance especially when wearing a mask.
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #4 on: 02 16, 21, 04:10:59:PM » Reply

It just activates the security system.  I do chastize him for playing with the fob...as I said, he does it to be a butthole, LOL

We have found that generally speaking, when the prowlers break into vehicles that are security alarmed, they tend to get scared away easily.  We try not to leave anything of substance in the trucks anyway. 

Most newer vehicles have alarm systems built in and they don't utilize the horn.  I agree, wearing anything with a mask is a pain...I have to wear safety glasses all day, sometimes noise canceling headphones, for work...my head pounds at the end of every day anyway.
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #5 on: 02 18, 21, 11:52:57:PM » Reply

One honk and the doors are locked.  What's wrong with that?  So many cars get broken into, so rather be safe than sorry.
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Honking your horn while walking away from your vehicle
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory