Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 04:37:59:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653360 Posts in 297918 Topics by 308 Members
Latest Member: JerryEcold
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Pets  |  Topic: When you lose a pet 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: When you lose a pet  (Read 627 times)
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« on: 02 16, 20, 02:36:40:PM » Reply

Seriously...I don't care how long you've had them.  They are part of the family...they're not "just the dog" or "just a cat"...you love and nurture and take care of them as you would any member of the family.

I lost my 15 month old cat Miss Belle, on Thursday, to what we thought was a very sudden, possibly poison induced kidney ailment.  Turns out, she inherited a parasitic infectious anemia, from her mother...so she had a death sentence from birth.  There is no way to test for this that would indicate an immediate concern.  She tested negative, twice for FIL/FIV and had no issues...she just suddenly became sluggish about 2 weeks ago and what we thought was typical "finicky" cat...not wanting to eat her usual foods.  We tried various brands of cat food, wet, dry, moist treats, but she mostly picked at it and became more quiet and sleepy as the days passed, but she's an indoor cat, they do that...she would hide under the bed, or just want to be snuggled, and then we noticed her weight loss, and tried everything to get her to eat...I would make gruel from canned tuna, which she enjoyed and lapped at, but only momentarily...so I made an appointment to see the vet.  He found a mass on her kidney, which needed an ultrasound.  Problem is, pet ultrasound is not static unless you're at a large vet hospital.  Out here in the sticks, they have a traveling ultrasound clinic, which only comes 2 days a week.  So we made the appointment for that, the doc pumped her full of IV fluids for a day, gave her an enema to help clean anything out, (as we had suspected an impassible hairball at first), and we brought her home.  That was last Friday.  Over the course of the weekend, she was markedly lethargic and the vet continued to monitor her, noting her bloodwork, taken Friday, indicated this anemia and he apologized for even having to take her blood for the test, because the number of red blood cells was negligible.  This anemia prevents the body from producing red blood cells at all.  He then explained he had never seen this before, but in researching all the test results, deduced it was this PIA.  He was so concerned that he felt she would not make it to Thursday for her ultrasound and tested her kidney function.  Her right kidney (with the mass) had already shut down and atrophied.  Her left was barely functioning.  He suggested a blood transfusion to "help" stabilize her, even offering his own cat as the donor, but said it would only provide temporary assistance.  It was at that point he told us he felt she was not going to make it, her breathing was shallow, she was quite lethargic...so we brought her home and set up an infirmary room.  She laid in her little bed and though she tried to use the litter box, most times over the next 4 days, she only wet herself.  We bathed her, dried her, kept her warm, and on Thursday the 13th, she passed away at home.  Having buried our nearly 16 year old pooch last June, digging another pet grave was not something we wanted to do...but we gave her a quiet spot in one of my fern gardens, where she played while I would work on removing deadfall and blackberries...her little chirping meow and quiet purr still ring in my ears and will for a very long time. 

She was as much family in her short life, as anything...I will miss her dearly.

* P1000781.JPG (1932.5 KB, 2400x1800 - viewed 142 times.)
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

What would they do without Anecdotals or Snark

« Reply #1 on: 02 16, 20, 08:11:31:PM » Reply

Poor Kitty.....
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #2 on: 02 16, 20, 09:06:47:PM » Reply

Thank you.  I finished up her little resting spot today, had another good cry and then decided she needed some of the grasses that she always used to hide in.  So I plucked some runners from my front garden and planted them as well...

* Belles resting place.jpg (251.21 KB, 720x960 - viewed 145 times.)
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Pets  |  Topic: When you lose a pet
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory