Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 27, 24, 08:06:10:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2663254 Posts in 298858 Topics by 307 Members
Latest Member: Carmelarom
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Husbands.... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Husbands....  (Read 134 times)
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« on: 02 28, 14, 12:34:36:PM » Reply

After 2 days of severe pain, finally convinced hubby to see the doctor.  They believe it's bursitis, but have him in x-ray because the pain is so bad.  He is not very forthcoming w/ information and listening to him talk to the MA was maddening.  Why do men feel like they have to be so tough?
caserio1

« Reply #1 on: 02 28, 14, 12:43:55:PM » Reply

are you serious?

women (some women) adore "he men"

hate men that show a softer side
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #2 on: 02 28, 14, 01:34:46:PM » Reply

Takn - my husband is now feeling some hip discomfort after hauling away our old Trex deck and also foot discomfort when he walks and he does quite a few miles each day with our dog.  He got a shot for his foot a few months ago which worked for him but he swears to me that he is not a candidate for hip surgery yet.  It's all a process of getting older and it really sucks!  He's lucky to have your support............so no worries!
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #3 on: 02 28, 14, 02:00:10:PM » Reply

Bursitis is the worst if all ith arthritis and the most painful...... I had it once and there are no pills or cures for it but time...one day you have it and then one day it's gone... really painful...

recommendation...just don't over do the area but mild exercise like in stretches...... it happened in my right shoulder... and I couldn't even comb my hair and I became a lefty... you can't imagine what it's like to be right handed and loose use of it...so I cut my hair off cause I couldn't comb it...and didn't know if I loss complete use of my right.... but one day you wake up it was gone... it's something surrounding a swollen sac in the locations... Ice and warm packs are a recommendation...but time is the answer....
no doctor gave me anything for it....
takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #4 on: 02 28, 14, 02:52:20:PM » Reply

He has the option of steroidal shots...he declined.  But he has anti-inflammatories and the usual instructions for icing, heat pads, stretching.

I brought my exercise ball and stretch band downstairs for him and fed him a hearty breakfast of sausage and pancakes, that will hold him till I get home from work.  Ozzie is a fixture on his lap...our little healing puppy...LOL  He hasn't left his side all night and when I took Papa to the doctor this morning and put Ozzie outside, you should have heard the whiny fuss when we returned...now hes' back in Papa's lap...

Time to shower and head out...thanks for the tips luv...getting him to do it while I'm gone...now that's the trick.
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

What would they do without Anecdotals or Snark

« Reply #5 on: 02 28, 14, 03:15:27:PM » Reply

He has the option of steroidal shots...he declined. 

He should not have declined.  The shot is not painful at all and would have relieved the pain. They mix a hefty dose of lidocaine with the shot and slowly inject as they insert the needle. I've those shots in my hips, in both knees and in my shoulder, and was very thankful for getting them.  In fact, I was so desperate for a steroid shot in my shoulder that I went to my doctors home to get it.

sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #6 on: 02 28, 14, 03:24:48:PM » Reply

I had a shot in my shoulder and it didn't help me at all.
takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #7 on: 02 28, 14, 04:05:50:PM » Reply

The doctor told him the steroid shot may or may not help...the anti-inflammatories and exercises will have the same impact overall and he's not real jake on having to depend on shots to get him through the day.  I am hoping he'll really look at his exercise levels and start doing more stretching...that will really help w/ the jobs he has to perform building those fuselages...
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #8 on: 02 28, 14, 04:07:23:PM » Reply

Sometimes the shots help.  I had one in my shoulder for a torn rotator cuff but it didn't help and I went to therapy and did exercises, which I still do every day to help with muscle strength and my arm is just fine now.

I have had an old injury to my left knee and I got a steroid shot in it and it really helped.  It's been going on 15 years now since I injured my knee and I have had alternative hyaluronic acid shots to cushion and the cortizone shots for the pain and inflammation over the past 4 years as the pain began to increase.  I did all this to try and avoid knee replacement but I think it's leading up to it finally.  I have one knee that feels the same as it did when I was a teenager and the other that makes me feel like 100.   It doesn't stop me going up and down the stairs, gardening etc., but I think I will have to address it before it does or hop!
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Husbands....
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory