Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 12:59:42:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653459 Posts in 297923 Topics by 308 Members
Latest Member: JerryEcold
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  TV / Movies  |  Topic: Shirley Temple dead at 85 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Shirley Temple dead at 85  (Read 1582 times)
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

What would they do without Anecdotals or Snark

« on: 02 11, 14, 05:13:36:PM » Reply

What a great person and entertainer.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/3187455841001/shirley-temple-dies-at-age-85/#sp=show-clips

Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

What would they do without Anecdotals or Snark

« Reply #1 on: 02 11, 14, 05:40:52:PM » Reply

Just a little history. My moms husband, my father-in-law, Bob Shults was in the Shirley Temple movie "Seabiscuit."

At 4'11" and 95 pounds he was a young Jockey back in those days. In the right place at the right time to earn him a spot on one of the horses in the movie, in the photo shoot, and pictured on the inside cover of the Seabiscuit CD.

http://www.mailtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20030729/BIZ/307299998
http://tdn.com/news/state-and-regional/medford-jockey-was-in-original-seabiscuit-movie/article_411b102a-fcc9-5447-a316-485fffaad20a.html

emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #2 on: 02 11, 14, 11:01:44:PM » Reply

There will never be a child star just like she was.  She was unique and she will live on for every child's entertainment.  RIP.
pacifica
Honored Member

springborn1959

« Reply #3 on: 02 11, 14, 11:15:22:PM » Reply

I see Shirley was born in good old Santa Monica and died in Woodside -- I looked up-- inland from Half Moon Bay S.of Redwood City. I'm sure it's beautiful up there. Jim it's a small world.: ]. From Em Avon calling Mickey Rooney's mother who my Dad met a few times and your Bob who was in Seabiscuit also probably knows/met as Santa Anita was M.R.'s very favorite track - and probably bet on or owned horses that your Mom's husband rode, I clicked on your links.....and bookmarked!! What a darling man your F.I.L.. Kind of looks like my pop only Dad, also a retired Jockey, is 5'3" and his lowest weight ever riding was 103 (when he first started) but was usually around 112 in those days.
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #4 on: 02 17, 14, 04:33:15:PM » Reply

I thought she was adorable, whether as a child or adult.  Her beauty was striking and her later life, testament to a wonderful heart and consideration for humanity.  May she rest in peace.
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  TV / Movies  |  Topic: Shirley Temple dead at 85
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory