Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 04:27:58:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653360 Posts in 297918 Topics by 308 Members
Latest Member: JerryEcold
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Could it get any hotter? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Could it get any hotter?  (Read 1178 times)
luvtimes
Honored Member

« on: 06 13, 10, 10:03:37:AM » Reply

I hope not... whew! 

for some reason, it claims to be hotter today then forecasted but I'm not complaining...

Thank goodness for A/C... I don't think I could make it without it...

I love to hang clothes out on the line when it's hot like this...drys in less then an hours... clothes already on a hanger and ready for the closet...most times no ironing... can it get any easier....

hard thing about laundry is getting the clothes up in the attic closet... the climb is murder on my knees... and an elevator is on my list...trust that....

I'm going to start venturing out to buy material for curtains... room by room...not all at the same time but if I can find a good sale... maybe...

all curtains will have a backing of white so that uniformity stays the same from the outside looking in...I love lace curtains for places that you can't see directly into the house... but lace is nice when the windows are open and the wind blows through.... love that... I guess I can say that the curtains will be ready for the winter coming...and by all indications that will start first week in September here...I didn't skip fall but it comes so fast you miss it...

Also looking for some dramatic wallpaper for the entry hall... I was thinking paint a design and then I said wallpaper is easier... let someone else worry about removing it when I'm gone on to the next life...lol

But the wallpaper I find will be for the entry foyer... and I have no idea where it's going to take me... I have all the furniture for the entry including a bench, pics, etc... and all the picture frames to go up the entry stair case... thanks to goodwill....

I don't know what possessed me years ago to purchase a lot of clocks... unbelieveable... I could have a sale for days on them... but I think I have the clock for the entry... but not sure... I don't want to think I'd don't have what I wanted for that room...

Anyway...going to listen to services on the telephone today... just too hot for me to go off into the fire...

Oh! Good Morning! 

takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #1 on: 06 13, 10, 03:22:51:PM » Reply

Yesterday was our "hot" day...made it to 75 degrees...we even got some sun walking through a car show...

Today, it is warm and overcast, perfect for weeding gardens...which turned out to be a real downer, seeing how all the little, neighborhood heathens have torn my lupine and columbine out by the roots and even tore out and tossed somewhere, one of my little remembrance crape myrtles...I am just sick about it...so much so that I promptly wrote an email to the school district requesting a face to face with the transportation supervisor to request that the busstop be moved far away from our property...

Now I am dreaming of more huge planters so I can move my roses and put some asiatic lilies and peony in their place...you can thank sunshine for costing me so much money...LOL

Time to get to the grocery store and pick up some extras to make a bucket of spaghetti...

sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #2 on: 06 14, 10, 05:45:19:AM » Reply

Yesteray our heat index was 104, day before 111, wonder what today will bring.......yuck. I am going out now to play in the rock pile before the sun coomes up. CYA
Griobhtha
Fear less, Hope more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less ,say more; Hate less, love more; And all good things are yours. Swedish proverb
Honored Member

« Reply #3 on: 06 14, 10, 07:38:26:AM » Reply

Heat index is 105-to106 for today in old Alabama.
Griobhtha
Fear less, Hope more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less ,say more; Hate less, love more; And all good things are yours. Swedish proverb
Honored Member

« Reply #4 on: 06 14, 10, 07:44:39:AM » Reply

Luv, I am working on our rental house, cleaning and painting and some repairs that we can't put off.  So hot outside that Hubby had to call it a day by 2pm.  I got walls washed and patched and ready to paint, but taking today off to work on my own house.  Back to the rental tomorrow.  Sooner I get it done, the sooner I can get it rented, or that is what I tell my self.
I bought thermal back panels for the rental windows at old Tyme pottery at a good price, so check and see  if you have one in your area.
mudslinger

JESUS , MARY, JOSEPH , GOD HELP THIS COUNTRY

« Reply #5 on: 06 14, 10, 07:54:56:AM » Reply

You are suppose to say Good Morning first then get into your diatribe, why do you always say it last, like as if you forgot, we all know you didn't forget, oh forget it.
Griobhtha
Honored Member

« Reply #6 on: 06 14, 10, 01:36:57:PM » Reply

Don't like it Mud, then don't read it.  We write as we want here.
nannat6

« Reply #7 on: 06 14, 10, 03:04:54:PM » Reply

Yep, it could get hotter.............suppose to get to 100 today and have a heat index of 107............now THAT is hot............
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Could it get any hotter?
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory