Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 29, 24, 08:20:00:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653677 Posts in 297946 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Dont' ya think it should be a crime? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Dont' ya think it should be a crime?  (Read 1206 times)
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« on: 06 08, 10, 03:00:10:PM » Reply

And maybe it is, I'm still checking...

For someone to open up and go through bags that you have left (clearly marked) for a charity?

I left several bags of clothing and towels near the sidewalk for a local charity to pick up...there is a group of ladies that walk our neighborhood every morning who stopped, opened the bags and started picking things out!  I was absolutely livid!   I asked them to please stop and one lady said, why, you're just throwing it out anyway...to which I answered, no ma'am I am trying to help people who have lost everything and are in true need...you are trespassing on my property and I am asking you nicely to stop rummaging and leave.  She shook her head, threw the stuff she had in her hands on the lawn and huffed away...I was in tears. 

I am now trying to find out if doing such a thing is a crime, as I know that if you steal from charity boxes or drop locations it is...

So, anyway, I ended up calling the charity and told them I will be leaving all my donations up on my front porch from now on and they will need to come up to the house to retrieve them...I was just floored by the behavior...these are not women in need, they come from an affluent neighborhood...where I live should be considered slummin' for them...

emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #1 on: 06 08, 10, 04:41:23:PM » Reply

They really had some nerve but if you leave anything out by the curb I think it is considered fair game.  I usually take my stuff straight to the Goodwill or wherever the need is.   I have seen neighbors put out stuff with the sign "FREE" on it and it is gone before you can blink an eye.  I've done it myself - put stuff out that is!   How rude to throw it all over your lawn - next time they come by just happen to have the sprinklers or garden hose on
takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #2 on: 06 08, 10, 09:01:39:PM » Reply

In my area, the local Goodwill is nearly 15 miles away.  We do, however, have several charities that pick up in our area...that is why they request the bags be left by the curb...if it's on my property though, it should be off limits, don't you think?  it was not left on the sidewalk but on my driveway...

I just think it's so rude-I guess it's just me.

mudslinger

JESUS , MARY, JOSEPH , GOD HELP THIS COUNTRY

« Reply #3 on: 06 09, 10, 06:45:00:AM » Reply

Where do you think Obama gets his cheap suits from?
nannat6

« Reply #4 on: 06 09, 10, 10:49:27:AM » Reply

On the curb is not necessarily your property.......the city has an easement which many times is the land between the curb of the street and a sidewalk that goes down a block.....so if your donation was in your driveway but at the curb, it was the cities property and fair game for the women to go through....you would have to check the easement law in your area...but in this case, it was definately very wrong of them to go through something that was clearly marked as donation for a charity...........
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #5 on: 06 09, 10, 03:34:01:PM » Reply

Whatever ...that is just wrong!!!  I once had someone take my used  AC filters our of the garbage can...the ones you throw away every month.  I put out stuff once a month for Am Vets but they give you a neon pink or yellow  colored  plastic bag so when they come along, they see it a mile away.
takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #6 on: 06 09, 10, 03:37:03:PM » Reply

Actually nannat, our driveway is on a private road...wholly owned by the homeowners...the easement rights extend to the county only for the purposes of access to underground utilities...
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Dont' ya think it should be a crime?
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory