Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 25, 24, 03:52:46:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2662796 Posts in 298814 Topics by 307 Members
Latest Member: northern pharmacy canada
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: The IRS's is driving me nuts... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: The IRS's is driving me nuts...  (Read 1573 times)
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« on: 06 07, 10, 11:25:59:AM » Reply

Because we had to make arrangements to pay off our additional taxes, we set everything up electronically...unfortunately, that supposedly takes 90 days to set up, so in the mean time, you are still required to make payments...so we made our first payment on the 15th of April, as required...since then, it's like 2 separate entities are handling our case.  We've been thanked for making a payment, reminded that we've set up electronic payments and told we need to make more payments...Today, we received another notice with a payment coupon for the next payment.

I called them this morning and was told that yes, we need to make that 2nd payment by the due date of 6-15, or suffer more penalties...and yes our electronic debting will still be in works but that first payment won't be made till August 15th and we will be receiving a letter indicating how much and when they will take it out...by which time, we'll have only payment left anyway, but the rep couldn't tell me if they intend to take out just the balance, or the agreed to amount...how stupid is that...it's like the left hand has no freakin' idea what the right hand is doing...and it's not the rep's fault, she is working off what pops up under our account on the screen...even the balances due don't match what is in the latest letter I received...

So, I am spent...it's pouring rain again, I am so tired from the weekend travel that I can't see straight and the thought of having to go back to work today is depressing...I need vitamin D...bad!  LOL

sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #1 on: 06 07, 10, 03:06:17:PM » Reply

I would rather get a root canal fixed.
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #2 on: 06 07, 10, 04:45:27:PM » Reply

I think I would go to bed and pull the covers over my head!
n1te-stalker
Honored Member

never look back you're past may be catching up

« Reply #3 on: 06 07, 10, 08:19:14:PM » Reply

Take my money,but NO root canal thank you
topgear
Honored Member

« Reply #4 on: 06 07, 10, 10:20:03:PM » Reply

Too late now, biz, but if you find yourself have to pay more taxes in the future, NEVER pay electronically. Pay by mail only, and they pretty much leave you alone waiting on your payments. Doing it online, as you've learned, only creates more grief and confusion in an already crappy situation.
takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #5 on: 06 07, 10, 10:58:05:PM » Reply

I agree top.  Last year, we paid electronically, but in one payment...I figured, because it was so easy to fill every thing out, it would be the same for the installments...

I will never trust the IRS tables and withholding recommendations ever again either...

that is why we keep ending up paying...

and with the creative ways we (who make less than $250,000) were forced to pay more in taxes (by allowing the IRS to lower deductable rates, etc), we are going to find every freakin' corner to cut to prevent them from getting even one penny more than is absolutely necessary! 
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #6 on: 06 08, 10, 07:07:15:AM » Reply

I have nightmare stories about the IRS... I had to write them and tell them if they audited me one more time... I was going to publicly sue them for 1 million dollars... it stopped... go figure...

I want government out of my life....and my back pocket...
nannat6

« Reply #7 on: 06 08, 10, 12:14:18:PM » Reply

Just those reasons are why we now hire a tax person to do our's..........We live in one state and hubby did work in another state across the border, so we had to pay by states' taxes..........big bunch of crap since we got no income from the one state........but they don't care......we let a pro take care of it and did not have to pay alot in that they claimed we did....it is well worth the money and there are so many things that are new now, that it is hard for the average person to understand.............
takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #8 on: 06 08, 10, 12:58:41:PM » Reply

Nannat, we didn't have a problem filing or figuring out our taxes.  Because we foolishly follow the IRS recommendations for withholding and the fact that the IRS was able to lower deductability levels on things like retirement account contributions and changes in sales tax, we got screwed again...and unfortunately, we are struggling just like many other Americans and couldn't pay the remainder of what we owed off in one lump sum.

For years I figured our taxes extremely closely...always ending up owing or refunded just a small amount...that way we controlled our money more affectively.  But as the IRS continues to be given more and more leeway to make changes, and our changes in local and state tax structures continue to bite us in the ass, the last 3 years we have ended up owing very high amounts...yep, just after the democrats regained control of Congress...that was beginning of the latest downturn in our personal economy.  After the huge 9/11 economic hit, 3 years of layoff, we finally began to rebuild in 2005...but by 2007, it went south again...and that is NO coincidence.

I even had a tax service reexamine our latest return and they found no errors or additional savings for us...of course, I am sure they could have had we been willing to lie...which I am not willing to do...

Therefore, we changed our withholding to the max and our retirement savings so that it matters little if we save for our futures...let Uncle Sam take care of us when we're old right?  Now, I concentrate on putting my money in savings plans that have no tax liability at all until we're well past retirement and I'm not getting screwed by attempting to save in a pre-tax plan that has no benefit of deductibility...

I'm learning...takes a while, but I'm learning...

nannat6

« Reply #9 on: 06 09, 10, 10:57:35:AM » Reply

Bottom line is the IRS is always right no matter what and you are between a rock and a hard place............like my SSI.......I will not get any because when I quit working I found years later, I lack one point........no matter that I had paid in 2000 in SSI working full and part time since I was 16, I still will not get mine back........not fair since I paid it in, but there is nothing I can do about it but go back to work, and I don't care to do that if I don't have to........I would have to work several consecutive years full time to get that point..........not worth it to me.......I will just draw from hubby's when the time comes...........and the thing that ticks me off, is a person that has NEVER drawn a paycheck can still (rather their family can) get the $255 at their death..........So I am paying to the families of 7 other people for the death of their loved on that never worked.........not fair, but that is the government............
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #10 on: 06 09, 10, 03:29:11:PM » Reply

We have used HRBlock for years. If we have a problem and thye make a mistake...they pay for the mistke and interest  on top. How can you go wrong?
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: The IRS's is driving me nuts...
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory