Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 29, 24, 06:32:31:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653664 Posts in 297946 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Got a contest going on over here... Yippee 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Got a contest going on over here... Yippee  (Read 999 times)
luvtimes
Honored Member

« on: 05 27, 10, 08:05:02:AM » Reply

Ok... when I first got here everybody just cut their grass...I came and put a pattern on my lawn...lot of folks have tried to copy my pattern... it goes to show they watch and they like what they see...

Great for the block...great for the community....

Taught one kid how to do it... and he now does his house the same but with a twist... he cuts on a diagnal(sp)

Even a few folks weed and feed... thank you Jesus...I have no allergy issues so I can do that...

Some have copied my front chairs, you know the ardondick (sp) I have white ones and they don't sell white ones here... go figure... but they sell green, pink, tan, blue, etc..  had mine since 1983...I like them cause you can pressure wash and make them look brand new...

Even got a ice cream table and 2 chairs on the front porch...and the kids love it... and loved to come out and play cards and listen to music, sit on the stoop and on a good day get a treat... Glad they got that chance.... most have moved on but at least they can say we sat on luv's stoop...lol   It was fun....relaxing and carefree...

I gave those kids a job to help me plant some bushes...(rose of sharon, lucy) and told them when you come back and drive your kids by...you can say you planted that bush...

but the crackheads got ahold of them and killed most...I only have 2 of them now... but the kids around here understood that...me, I'm just coming to grips with it...

I also celebrate most holidays like memorial day is coming in a few days... so my wreath of flowers and flags go up to honor the fallen...it makes folks realize what time it is...

Sometimes when we're worried and lost... we sometimes just keep going through the motions and then.... snap... something takes you away for a moment... that's what I'm trying to do here...and I'm thinking someone is seeing and knowing... hope you understand that because all I do it for is to show the love and appreciation....

So one of the neighbors told me she looks over here just to see what kind of decorations I have for the month...or the season... or the holiday... and with that I say the dollar store is a wonderful thing....can't put of expensive stuff cause it will walk away....lol...

Even got some folks to hang flowers....and you know I'm loving that.... one guy said he wants to get some pots so he can plant some flowers for his front so I looked on craigslist and someone was giving a lot of pots, soil, and turf builder for free...but I missed it... but I'll keep trying...because....

The neighborhood is coming together... at least for me...some of that fear that I felt when I first moved here has moved on... folks aren't afraid now to sit on their wonderful porches, plant seeds, cut their lawns tastefully ...

The squirrel, birds, bees, groundhogs and that darn rabbit.... have come out and we enjoy seeing them... they come so near...and I love that....

oh and about the bees they sense fear and will chase after you if you show it... I actually tell them if you bite me you die.... they hear it and move on....

The best is when you can see folks walking down this street because it's a safe street... they walk their dogs now and even folks from other block come and walk their dogs on this block...I even get a lot of the strays coming here and I tell them to go home....but I give the walker a holla...

I'm beginning as you can tell to embrace where I live now... it took sometime because of all the crackhead drama... ...time helps us to be patience cause nothing stays the same... it's always changing...

With that I say... contest is on... 

Oh!  Good Morning! 
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #1 on: 05 27, 10, 10:07:51:AM » Reply

Even Moses started up the mountain ONE STEP AT A TIME...

That's one thing my mother used to say...

Or as Arlo Guthrie liked to say...

You know, if
one person, just one person does it they may think he's really sick and
they won't take him.  And if two people, two people do it, in harmony,
they may think they're both faggots and they won't take either of them.
And three people do it, three, can you imagine, three people walking in
singin a bar of Alice's Restaurant and walking out. They may think it's an
organization.  And can you, can you imagine fifty people a day,I said
fifty people a day walking in singin a bar of Alice's Restaurant and
walking out.  And friends they may thinks it's a movement.

Maybe that's what this country needs, a good old, personal responsibility, have some pride movement...

Thanks for sharing the story...
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #2 on: 05 27, 10, 12:41:14:PM » Reply

LUv...your porch sounds so inviting. Keep up the good work in the neighborhood.
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #3 on: 05 27, 10, 07:22:38:PM » Reply

You must send us a pic of it luv, it sounds like a welcoming place, where good friends would like to linger.  Sorry you had to deal with crackheads, but it sounds as if they are gone and now you can feel safe again.
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Got a contest going on over here... Yippee
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory