Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 04:40:08:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653360 Posts in 297918 Topics by 308 Members
Latest Member: JerryEcold
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  Technology  |  PC problems  |  Topic: CD/DVD drive problems 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: CD/DVD drive problems  (Read 1753 times)
Dixie

« on: 05 26, 10, 05:00:39:PM » Reply

Background...PC/Windows XP machine all the way through)  About a year and a half ago, my CD/DVD drive stopped working to play DVDs but would still play audio CDs. 

Shortly after, I had a new computer built in old case and a 2nd CD/DVD drive installed.  Both drives worked for a while.  Then, neither would read and play DVD video, but would both still played music CDs.

Did a system reinstall last month and both drives again worked, until this week.  Now, neither will play a DVD, though both drives recognize the DVD and its menu...just won't play past that point.  Have tried more than one DVD in both drives using Windows player and Nero.  Both drives will still play audio CDs.

Bottom line is I'm at this same point three times now and I'm clueless as to what the problem is.  Any idea of what might be going on, or, more to the point, what I might need to take a look at and where to find it?  I'm not very tech savvy, so be gentle, will ya?

Gale96

« Reply #1 on: 12 08, 11, 04:22:28:AM » Reply

I put a new disk in my laptop yesterday and the drivestopped appearing in My Computer and Device Manger. I tried to restart thecomputer but this did not help can anyone help me? It is a Dell Inspiron 6400laptop if that helps.
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

What would they do without Anecdotals or Snark

« Reply #2 on: 12 08, 11, 04:46:29:AM » Reply

Is this a brand new hard drive that is going to be used for Data only? Or is this the C: drive  that runs the whole show?

I have to assume its a spare drive since you can boot and see Device Manager, but I'm confused because last I knew laptops could only hold 1 drive at a time.

Or are you talking about a CD/DVD drive?

Pages: 1  Print 
 |  Technology  |  PC problems  |  Topic: CD/DVD drive problems
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About