Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 28, 24, 02:12:25:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2663556 Posts in 298888 Topics by 307 Members
Latest Member: Carmelarom
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: 22 tonight and freeze warning 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: 22 tonight and freeze warning  (Read 639 times)
luvtimes
Honored Member

« on: 03 26, 12, 10:02:34:AM » Reply

now it's spring... fickle as it can be... temps are down to 50 now... still nice..

little to no rain... have to water the grass reseeds .. I do see spot growth... frustrating as that is.. thinking I have have to reseed again in the fall... darn... but the grass needs to be cut... have to do that for the shih tzu who is so proper and needs his short grass spot...

although we didn't have a snowy winter... we had a windy one... lots of stuff flew everywhere and it's time to start up the blower... plus the buds are showing from the trees and it leave a major flow of buds on the ground like a parade passed only on my front... darn...

also every year have to sweep up the crap the city threw on the streets.. salt mixed with small pebbles...I think I am the only one that finds this offensive... it's a chore to clean it up... but hey... it's called spring cleaning...

will have to paint the railings black... seems the paint on them have chipped off a bit... so some how this week I will be painting them...spray paint of course...

it says to plant seeds after April 15 here and glad I waited...temptation was overwhelming to do it early but I didn't so I will have to hold off till then...

but I will divide the hostas today... got to... they are just too thick and they overwhelm everything around them...

so down a energy drink a couple of ibuprofens and off into the yard to do what needs to be done...

If I go out by 1200pm I should be finished by 4.00pm...

breakfast just a bowl of cereal and dinner chicken and rice in the croak pot...

Oh! Good Morning!
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #1 on: 03 26, 12, 10:20:52:AM » Reply

so down a energy drink a couple of ibuprofens and off into the yard to do what needs to be done...

You do realize that is dangerous, right?

breakfast just a bowl of cereal and dinner chicken and rice in the croak pot...

What's a croak pot?
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #2 on: 03 26, 12, 12:08:45:PM » Reply

Right on time...my seedlings  germinated and tonight 30. :-( Hopefully they will be alright. And the lilies are a foot tall...they could freeze to death.
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #3 on: 03 26, 12, 02:25:43:PM » Reply

I had a window of opportunity again yesterday before the rain started up again so I dashed out for a couple of hours and attacked weeds and moss.  I got up buckets from the ground cover and probably pulled half of the ground cover up with it because it is so hard to get all that grass that has pushed through the thickness and if you don't get the roots it is back in a day!  When I came in I felt my knee aching - I have been told by my ortho that I will be begging for a knee replacement...........I don't think so!  I injured it when I tripped down my daughter's stairs and landed on a hard tile floor on my knee 6 years ago.  It is now coming back to haunt me.   I should have taken an Aleve before I went out instead of when I came in.

I can't trust my husband to weed - he doesn't know a weed from a flower at times!  He does the mowing, trimming and edging and is always threatening to cement the whole yard! LOL

Today feels a lot better so I am ready to start over.
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #4 on: 03 26, 12, 04:39:11:PM » Reply

its 413 and I got half of what I said I'd do done... tomorrow is another day... just age or wintering turned me into something I don't remember ever... I'd do something then rest a minute... then do something else... and rest a minute...just got the backyard I won't do the front until maybe tomorrow...took out the water hoses and placed them one in back and one in front... we'll see how long they stay there undisturbed... I've got plenty... auctions are something... almost door prizes... and me... it was free so... it came home with me... got maybe a 100 ft hoses... heavy as all get out of here... one of these days it will have a use....if not... I can encircle the whole back yard with it after i poke holes in it for a soaker type...

I will be out same time tomorrow doing the front... just getting a start on it so all that needs to be done later is just cut....

I'm seriously thinking about selling both cars and getting a small economical one that gets better gas mileage...and so I can use the other half of the garage for lawn crap... I got the van cause I got tired of waiting on someone to help me get things delivered here for 25.00 dollars a pop... after a while it gets expense and old... plus for some reason folks have an attitude when they are helping you..... I hate that feeling... so now that most of the stuff I need can be put in a car... the van has served its purpose...the dogs... well they have to adjust...

well I'll have some chicken and rice and watch tv a bit and clean up the insides after or during...
takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #5 on: 03 26, 12, 06:00:38:PM » Reply

Cold and rainy here today.  We cherished the few hours we had yesterday to trim some trees and get some of the junk out of the gardens.  I already related how disappointed I was that people stole some of our plantings.

This morning, I still went outside and seeded some Iceland and CA poppies and Red Hot Poker.  We'll see if they come up...

emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #6 on: 03 26, 12, 09:41:13:PM » Reply

How sad to steal plants!  What kind of people do that?  Were they in pots or did they have the audacity to dig them up?
takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #7 on: 03 26, 12, 10:29:59:PM » Reply

No they dug them out of our fenceline garden...
(this picture was taken last summer when everything was beginning to bloom.  They got some of the lavender, artemisia and lupine)

* Nearly summer 013.JPG (1552.75 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 104 times.)
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: 22 tonight and freeze warning
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory