Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 05:01:20:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653360 Posts in 297918 Topics by 308 Members
Latest Member: JerryEcold
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: The young man critically injured at Boeing last month... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: The young man critically injured at Boeing last month...  (Read 507 times)
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« on: 03 23, 12, 02:04:52:PM » Reply

Josh Divers.  He was the employee who was "run over" by a 787 that was being moved.  A series of mistakes led to his accident and it was really touch and go for a while.  But he has begun to come to grips w/ what happened and how it profoundly changed his life...

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=553296759&sk=wall

Now a double amputee, w/ more surgeries on his neck and arm to follow, we're being told he has posted pictures of himself doing wheelies in his wheelchair and talking about the excitement of learning to walk again.  Unfortunately, knowing many more details than I can recount, I see it as a bit flippant, rather than resigned, accepting and moving forward.  He is a very lucky young man, to say the least.  The description of the incident was horrifying, and most certainly preventable...but his accident is just one in a series that has the company on edge and reevaluating its policies and procedures...

Back in December, a contract worker was electrocuted and badly burned inside an electrical vault, when he failed to follow proper lockout procedures and was involved in an arc flash incident. 

This past Monday, another worker was critically injured when lockout procedures weren't followed, by him and others, while he worked near a broken spoiler.  He was crushed between the spoiler and a flap...he remains in an induced coma...

I work in and around all the areas that were involved in these incidents and there is not a moment that I, or anyone I work with, ever forget the importance of safety, often to the point of redundancy...when we're involved in moving 4-6 airplanes a night, moving equipment around with multiple forklifts, and shifting, lifting and moving components weighing tons, and with dozens of people in the area, you can't lose focus for even a second.

So, no matter what you do, where you are...be safe...please...
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #1 on: 03 23, 12, 07:36:30:PM » Reply

That's a sad story takn - especially if it could have been prevented.   I guess it is good that he is coming to terms with what has happened to him and it is amazing how amputees can learn to run and walk again with today's technology.   I am sure that he will get a settlement from the company but no amount of money can make up for the loss he has sustained.   I never realized that there were so many accidents at Boeing - not good for the company.

My husband came to this country as an aeronautical engineer but for a period of time he worked for Disney doing the engineering (hydraulics and pneumatics) for the theme parks and he lived in Florida for a couple of months while they were building DisneyWorld.  You would be surprised the number of accidents that have happened both there and at Disneyland in Anaheim - fatal as well as bad injuries, but somehow they managed to keep them out of the news - that was then though! 
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: The young man critically injured at Boeing last month...
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory