Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 27, 24, 10:37:59:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2663443 Posts in 298879 Topics by 307 Members
Latest Member: Carmelarom
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Michael Steele: "I Wanted a Brokered Convention" 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Michael Steele: "I Wanted a Brokered Convention"  (Read 97 times)
wvit1001

« on: 03 18, 12, 12:31:08:PM » Reply

Is the never-ending and ever-bitter 2012 Republican presidential race—which at this point seems to be alienating independent voters—Michael Steele's revenge?

In January 2011, Steele, the first African American chair of the Republican National Committee, was unceremoniously denied a second term by the party's governing council, after a tumultuous two-year stint marked by the historic GOP takeover of the House but also multiple gaffes (Steele called Afghanistan "a war of Obama's choosing"), blunders (spending $2000 in party funds at a West Hollywood bondage-themed nightclub), and charges of profound financial mismanagement. But during his rocky tenure at RNC HQ, Steele pushed for and won significant changes in the rules for the party's presidential nomination process and shaped this year's turbulent race.

These reforms are now bedeviling front-runner Mitt Romney and the Republican establishment by preventing Romney from wrapping up the nomination and keeping him mired in a nasty fight for the support of the party's hardcore base voters, an ugly and grinding tussle that is defining Romney (and the party) in a manner that's not bolstering his fall prospects (or the GOP's). Moreover, the rules Steele bequeathed the party could yield an outcome in which Romney finishes with the most delegates, but not an outright majority, necessitating a brokered convention.

"I wanted a brokered convention," Steele tells me. "That was one of my goals." Why in the world would a party chairman desire apparent turmoil? To create excitement and shake up the party, Steele explains. So far this year, he has indeed succeeded in one regard: The Republican race remains unsettled. And that's unsettling many within the party's upper ranks.

http://motherjones.com/politics/2012/03/michael-steele-revenge-gop-primary?page=1
lluke47

« Reply #1 on: 03 18, 12, 02:27:56:PM » Reply

So what's your point...?  You'll never have sense enough to ever be in the Rep party so you worry about how sad your chimp is going to be when he gets body slammed in Nov..
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Michael Steele: "I Wanted a Brokered Convention"
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory