Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 28, 24, 01:06:10:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2663530 Posts in 298887 Topics by 307 Members
Latest Member: Carmelarom
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: So Are We All Agreed That We Need to Get Out of Afghanistan? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2  Print
Author Topic: So Are We All Agreed That We Need to Get Out of Afghanistan?  (Read 312 times)
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #12 on: 03 18, 12, 01:37:40:PM » Reply

From the reports I've heard and read, the people of Afghanistan.  They do not want things to go back to the way they were.

Time will tell?   Obama will be gone by then...
John Adams
Before a free people can be oppressed they must first be idealogically disarmed....

Repeal the 17th Amendment, No direct elections

« Reply #13 on: 03 18, 12, 01:43:05:PM » Reply

obama wants the tolly bon to regain strength in afganistan, it is part of his nation building......

hey tubby the tolly bon,l the next time your messiah speaks and pronounces the taliban, pay the fuck attention you stupid xxxx!!.....
talli

« Reply #14 on: 03 18, 12, 01:48:27:PM » Reply

For whatever it's worth there's this:

In an article written by freelance journalist Michael Hastings, "The Runaway General", appearing in issue no. 1108/1109 of Rolling Stone magazine (July 8–22, 2010[10]), McChrystal and his staff mocked civilian government officials, including Joe Biden, National Security Advisor James L. Jones, US Ambassador to Afghanistan Karl W. Eikenberry, and Special Representative for Afghanistan and Pakistan Richard Holbrooke.[45]

McChrystal was not quoted as being directly critical of the president or the president's policies, but several comments from his aides in the article reflected their perception of McChrystal's disappointment with Obama on the first two occasions of their meeting.[46] McChrystal's staff was contacted prior to release of the article and did not deny the validity of the article,[47] though senior members of his staff dispute this, and have accused Hastings in "Army Times" of exaggerating the seniority of aides quoted and breaking the "off the record" trust of private conversations.[48] Hastings told Newsweek that he was quite clearly a reporter gathering material, and actually bemused at the degree to which soldiers were free when speaking to him.[49]

The statements attributed to McChrystal and members of his staff drew the attention of the White House when McChrystal called Biden to apologize.[50] McChrystal issued a written statement, saying:

"I extend my sincerest apology for this profile. It was a mistake reflecting poor judgment and should never have happened. Throughout my career, I have lived by the principles of personal honor and professional integrity. What is reflected in this article falls far short of that standard. I have enormous respect and admiration for President Obama and his national security team, and for the civilian leaders and troops fighting this war and I remain committed to ensuring its successful outcome."[51]

Biden's call to tell him of the apology prompted Obama to request a copy of the profile and then to summon McChrystal to attend in person the president's monthly security team meeting at the White House in lieu of attending via secure video teleconference. During a brief (less than 20 minutes)[52] meeting with Obama on June 23, two days before the article was released to newsstands and only one day after it was released online, McChrystal tendered his resignation, which the president accepted.[11] Shortly thereafter, Obama nominated General David Petraeus to replace McChrystal in his role as top commander in Afghanistan.[53]

Obama's statement on the topic began as follows: "Today I accepted Gen. Stanley McChrystal's resignation as commander of the International Security Assistance Force in Afghanistan. I did so with considerable regret, but also with certainty that it is the right thing for our mission in Afghanistan, for our military and for our country."[54]

Later that day McChrystal released the following statement:

"This morning the president accepted my resignation as Commander of U.S. and NATO Coalition Forces in Afghanistan. I strongly support the president's strategy in Afghanistan and am deeply committed to our coalition forces, our partner nations, and the Afghan people. It was out of respect for this commitment—and a desire to see the mission succeed—that I tendered my resignation. It has been my privilege and honor to lead our nation's finest."[12][55]

Retirement
Shortly after his removal from command in Afghanistan, McChrystal announced that he would retire from the Army.[15] The day after the announcement, the White House announced that he would retain his four-star rank in retirement, although law generally requires a four-star officer to hold his rank for three years in order to retain it in retirement.[56][57][58]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_A._McChrystal
talli

« Reply #15 on: 03 18, 12, 02:20:24:PM » Reply

obama wants the tolly bon to regain strength in afganistan, it is part of his nation building......

hey tubby the tolly bon,l the next time your messiah speaks and pronounces the taliban, pay the fuck attention you stupid xxxx!!.....

I don't care how any body pronounces it, in fact the President may have the correct pronunciation, but it's spelled "Taliban."

And you can keep your pet names for family members to yourself, Adams.

But the thing about Obama wanting to "nation build" is not only a complete LIE, it's moronic and stupid.

Who would he be "nation building" for?  Rich cronies and their interests in foreign oil and resources, the way Bush did?

I don't believe Obama has those cronies.

The USA?  Well, you blow your own argument on that when you insist he's not American.  If he's not American, why would he want to "nation build for the interests of the US?   

Why would he want to nation build, anyway?

Other nations have right as separate sovereign nations to build their own nation any way they want to build it as a people.

We have no business doing that, and thats' not what Obama is doing.  However, our country committed itself to the struggle in Afghanistan when Bush was in office, BUSH committed us to that conflict, and if we are as decent a nation as we pride ourselves on being, it would be rather irresponsible of us to just drop things as they are and split without at least trying to repair whatever damage has been done or give the people to whom we were committed some kind of steady footing to carry on the job of taking care of their own country.

2whyme
Honored Member

« Reply #16 on: 03 18, 12, 02:24:15:PM » Reply

Talliban/13 spun and deflected: 
McChrystal and his staff mocked civilian government officials, including Joe Biden, National Security Advisor James L. Jones, US Ambassador to Afghanistan Karl W. Eikenberry, and Special Representative for Afghanistan and Pakistan Richard Holbrooke.[45]

I can think of no group of useless politicians than that bunch to mock, especially the doofus in the white house and his hand maiden, bite me biden.
John Adams
Before a free people can be oppressed they must first be idealogically disarmed....

« Reply #17 on: 03 18, 12, 02:35:54:PM » Reply

barrys intention is to assit in the building of nations that support the islamic radicalism that he supports......

his interest is to assit iamnutjob in iran with the return of the 12th imam and create a caliphate......
talli

« Reply #18 on: 03 18, 12, 02:49:13:PM » Reply

barrys intention is to assit in the building of nations that support the islamic radicalism that he supports......

his interest is to assit iamnutjob in iran with the return of the 12th imam and create a caliphate......

President Obama supports NO SUCH THING as radical Islam.

If he supported "islamic radicalism," he would not have killed Bin Laden and gone after radical Islamic terrorist groups and terrorism, but he HAS gone after them and quashed and quelled many of them.

And what you say about Iran and Ahmadinejad is ridiculous.

Ahmadinejad was just dealt a huge political blow in the recent elections over there and you don't see President Obama rushing to his aid at all.

Do you really think you can LIE your way into a winning position, Adams?

And even if you could, what would you have when you succeeded?

John Adams

« Reply #19 on: 03 18, 12, 03:01:26:PM » Reply

There is no lying, everyone knows barry wants an islamic world.......
Pages: 1 2  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: So Are We All Agreed That We Need to Get Out of Afghanistan?
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory