Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 28, 24, 04:03:57:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2663493 Posts in 298882 Topics by 307 Members
Latest Member: Carmelarom
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Travesty 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2  Print
Author Topic: Travesty  (Read 214 times)
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #12 on: 03 18, 12, 03:21:30:AM » Reply

Davik, how does requiring voter ID obstruct anything other than voter fraud?
hoosier_daddy
Don't hate me because I am beautiful

how cool that chemtrail can change profiles

« Reply #13 on: 03 18, 12, 05:45:08:AM » Reply

so an alleged christian has no problems with people beating the truth out of a suspect?  or drowning them until they lose consciousness or almost lose consciousness and then reviving them, in one case, about 180 times in one month?....do you know what a suspect means?  it means THEY ARE SUSPECTED OF SOMETHING....so, no problem with torturing PEOPLE WHO MAY OR MAY NOT BE GUILTY OF ANYTHING....that is what the alleged christian thinks?  how are we any better than the assholes who TORTURE OUR CAPTURED TROOPS?  if waterboarding worked so damn well, why did they have to waterboard that one guy 180 times in one month?  here is something incredibly damning, in my view.  they captured a few guys they thought were high value suspects....and they moved them around to different prisons in different countries so different levels of torture could be used against them...TO TRY AND PROVE A LINK BETWEEN AL QAEDA AND IRAQ....

In the Senate Armed Services Committee report on the abuses of detainees, it was revealed that pressure from the Bush administration was applied to interrogators to find a link between Iraq and Al-Qaeda. Indeed, Major Paul Burney, a psychiatrist with the United States Army, reported that "while we were [at Guantanamo] a large part of the time we were focused on trying to establish a link between Al Qaeda and Iraq and we were not being successful." He stated that higher-ups for more "frustrated" and applied "more and more pressure to resort to measures that might produce more immediate results."
Additionally, Colonel Lawrence B. Wilkerson, the former chief of staff for former Secretary of State Colin Powell has stated that:

Likewise, what I have learned is that as the administration authorized harsh interrogation in April and May of 2002--well before the Justice Department had rendered any legal opinion--its principal priority for intelligence was not aimed at pre-empting another terrorist attack on the U.S. but discovering a smoking gun linking Iraq and al-Qa'ida. So furious was this effort that on one particular detainee, even when the interrogation team had reported to Cheney's office that their detainee "was compliant" (meaning the team recommended no more torture), the VP's office ordered them to continue the enhanced methods. The detainee had not revealed any al-Qa'ida-Baghdad contacts yet. This ceased only after Ibn al-Shaykh al-Libi, under waterboarding in Egypt, "revealed" such contacts. Of course later we learned that al-Libi revealed these contacts only to get the torture to stop.

does this sound like how the United States treats prisoners and suspects or how the Nazis did?

sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #14 on: 03 18, 12, 06:33:42:AM » Reply

Listening to Obama is torture.

lluke47

« Reply #15 on: 03 18, 12, 09:21:26:AM » Reply

So all you liberals here that are supporting our enemies, why do our enemies torture our troops, is it for information or are they just havin fun...?
duke_john
Contributor

« Reply #16 on: 03 18, 12, 09:32:37:AM » Reply

Maybe we should employ the tactics of the Spanish Inquisition.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/CSe38dzJYkY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/CSe38dzJYkY</a>
hoosier_daddy
Don't hate me because I am beautiful

how cool that chemtrail can change profiles

« Reply #17 on: 03 18, 12, 10:41:52:AM » Reply

it would get about the same results as torturing someone for real would.  what do you think one of our captured soldiers could tell someone that would help them if they talked during torture?  why do we think these peasants we capture in their own country have any real knowledge that we can use?  even in this country, if a guy is caught, whatever plans he knew or contacts he had WOULD CHANGE AS SOON AS THEY KNEW HE HAD BEEN CAPTURED JUST IN CASE HE TALKED....hell, even teenagers dealing ounces of pot have that safeguard in place....
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #18 on: 03 18, 12, 11:25:57:AM » Reply

what do you think one of our captured soldiers could tell someone that would help them if they talked during torture? 

Alot.  Again you have no military experience or a clue.   Why do you think the military waterboards, etc, etc, etc, tens of thousands of our troops before being placed in combat areas?  Do you have even an intelligent guess?
darkflower

« Reply #19 on: 03 18, 12, 11:43:56:AM » Reply

The vietcong did not torture soldiers for intel, they did it to get them to talk for propaganda purposes. The same reason for the gitmo etal torture.

The purpose of SERES is to let them know what to expect so they can handle it better in case "one of those regimes with no respect for basic human rights" captures them. Because only regimes with no respect for human rights would do that.
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #20 on: 03 18, 12, 04:08:43:PM » Reply

Darkflower you have no proof the US tortured anyone!
Pages: 1 2  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Travesty
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About