Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 29, 24, 12:00:59:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2663699 Posts in 298900 Topics by 307 Members
Latest Member: Carmelarom
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Rush Limbaugh in hot water with sponsors after 'slut' remark 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Rush Limbaugh in hot water with sponsors after 'slut' remark  (Read 84 times)
wvit1001

« on: 03 02, 12, 11:14:47:PM » Reply

After a firestorm of calls, posts and Tweets from angry consumers, two companies pulled their advertisements with Rush Limbaugh after the conservative radio talk show host called a Georgetown University law student a "slut" for speaking out about the current debate over birth control.

“Due to recent commentary by Rush Limbaugh that does not align with our values, we’ve made the decision to immediately suspend all advertising on that program," Gabby Nelson, company spokeswoman at mattress manufacturer Select Comfort, said in an emailed statement.

Select Comfort, which advertises its Sleep Number brand bed, was the second company to sever ties with Limbaugh over the growing controversy. Sleep Train was the first to sever ties. It sent a message out on Twitter earlier today, telling consumers, "We are pulling our ads with Rush Limbaugh and appreciate the community's feedback."

http://bottomline.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/02/10562744-rush-limbaugh-in-hot-water-with-sponsors-after-slut-remark
wvit1001

« Reply #1 on: 03 02, 12, 11:24:30:PM » Reply

Uh-oh, now it's three ads pulled -

Three advertisers on Rush Limbaugh’s popular radio show Friday announced that they are pulling their ads, and other companies are expressing concern over customer outrage in the wake of the conservative host’s controversial “slut” comments this week.

“We don’t condone negative comments directed toward any group. In response, we are currently pulling our ads from Rush with Rush Limbaugh,” the company Sleep Train Mattress Centers announced on its Twitter account early Friday.

Sleep Number, another mattress and bed company, joined its competitor Friday afternoon, announcing on Twitter, “Recent comments by Rush Limbaugh do not align w/our values, so we made decision to immediately suspend all advertising on that program.”

Quicken Loans also followed suit, tweeting late Friday afternoon, “Due to continued inflammatory comments– along w/valuable feedback from clients & team members– QL has suspended ads on Rush Limbaugh program.”

A few other companies indicated Friday that they are concerned about the flood of concerns pouring in on Twitter, as the #BoycottRush began to pick up steam.

Pro Flowers tweeted, “We would like to assure you that we do not endorse the views expressed by Rush Limbaugh. We understand your concerns and value your feedback.”

And a representative for the company told POLITICO that they have received many phone calls regarding Limbaugh’s comments, but that a decision has not yet been made on whether to yank their ads from his radio show. “Once they’ve made a decision, they will make it public. Right now, all I can say is we apologize. We don’t agree with and endorse what he’s saying,” the rep said.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0312/73545.html
[/COLOR][/HIGHLIGHT]
[/COLOR][/HIGHLIGHT]
Dardmex

« Reply #2 on: 03 02, 12, 11:25:52:PM » Reply

wvit1001 --- You are absolutely right, my friend!

All that woman is asking is for the federal government to pick up the tab for her her contraceptives, which is running into the thousands and thousands of dollars, money she desperately needs for school!

And Rush Limbaugh says that perhaps she's a slut?  Give me a freaking break!  He's such an idiot!

I just hope that the Democrat Party invites her to speak at their national convention this summer, about all of that protected sex she has.  She is a perfect representative of today's modern American woman!

http://www.thedailykos.com ......... http://www.MoveOn.org

Low IQ? Socially conservative? You might be prejudiced, study says!
wvit1001

« Reply #3 on: 03 02, 12, 11:48:37:PM » Reply

And this makes 4,

Legal Zoom has suspended advertising on Rush's show now.

lluke47

« Reply #4 on: 03 02, 12, 11:52:14:PM » Reply

So what loon...?

You loons can't even find a sponser to put your drivel on..
Dardmex

« Reply #5 on: 03 03, 12, 12:08:09:AM » Reply

lluke47 --- Just because Rush Limbaugh still has far and away the largest radio audience in America doesn't mean he'll get any more money from Legal Zoom.  He'll have to find some other sponsor to replace them, and that may take a day or two!  Isn't that right, wvit1001?

Also, this current surge in Limbaugh's radio audience because of this latest incident won't last.  He'll drop back to twenty-million listeners per day soon enough!

http://www.thedailykos.com ......... http://www.MoveOn.org

Low IQ? Socially conservative? You might be prejudiced, study says!
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Rush Limbaugh in hot water with sponsors after 'slut' remark
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory