Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 28, 24, 03:03:27:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2663572 Posts in 298889 Topics by 307 Members
Latest Member: Carmelarom
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Heartache: GM Halts Production of Chevy Volt, Lays Off 1,300 Workers… 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2  Print
Author Topic: Heartache: GM Halts Production of Chevy Volt, Lays Off 1,300 Workers…  (Read 172 times)
dg9990
Honored Member

« Reply #12 on: 03 02, 12, 04:54:39:PM » Reply

"GM sold about 7,700 Volts last year, below its target of 10,000. "

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/gm-to-halt-volt-production-for-five-weeks-wsj-2012-03-02

GM can't even meet a low ball target of only 10,000 in spite of free publicity and huge government incentives.

What stupid idea! .... Who thought of it? ............. Oh, The Amateur Adminstration (Obama)
hoosier_daddy
Don't hate me because I am beautiful

how cool that chemtrail can change profiles

« Reply #13 on: 03 02, 12, 04:59:14:PM » Reply

numbnut right wingers like adumbs remind me of the stooges that scoffed at people that bought "horseless carriages."  if adumbs had been president then he would want to back government funding for new blacksmithing techniques, not automobiles. 
Thomasj_tx

« Reply #14 on: 03 02, 12, 05:02:54:PM » Reply

numbnut right wingers like adumbs remind me of the stooges that scoffed at people that bought "horseless carriages."   

No one's buying the Volt, numbnut.
dg9990
Honored Member

« Reply #15 on: 03 02, 12, 05:13:58:PM » Reply

Government Motors shut down Saturn and Pontiac that were each selling over 200,000 units annually to produce the Volt that will not even sell 10,000 units annually. .... Dumb.
Dardmex

« Reply #16 on: 03 02, 12, 05:23:11:PM » Reply

Thomasj --- And what's to prevent President Obama from authorizing all federal government employees to immediately go out and purchase a Chevy Volt, and then having the federal government pick up the tab?  Think of how much that would help our economy, clean up the environment, and save union jobs?

And it could be paid for simply by raising taxes on the richest one percent!

http://www.thedailykos.com ......... http://www.MoveOn.org

Low IQ? Socially conservative? You might be prejudiced, study says!
Bob Huntress
Honored Member

« Reply #17 on: 03 02, 12, 05:24:38:PM » Reply

This would not even be newsworthy if the government weren't intruding themselves into the private sector, yet where's the problem? GM built a car that cost to much and as far as anyone is concerned is nothing, but, a novelty. They therefore stop making them. That's how the free market works. I personally enjoyed watching movies on Beta, but since everyone else wanted VHS, guess what happened? A giant boat anchor doesn't burn any fuel, yet, like the Volt, it won't get you where you need to go, so there may not be a big market for making Boat anchors for the average car shopper.

BTW, Hoosier, those who mocked the buyers of cars, trucks and internal combustion engines back in the day, are of the same mind as those who today mock those of us who appreiciate what has come from cars, trucks & internal combustion engines. They were mindless zombies then and they are just leftwing mindless zombies, now.
John Adams
Before a free people can be oppressed they must first be idealogically disarmed....

Repeal the 17th Amendment, No direct elections

« Reply #18 on: 03 02, 12, 05:27:20:PM » Reply

Government fails at most everything they attempt to do, this is no exception.....
Pages: 1 2  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Heartache: GM Halts Production of Chevy Volt, Lays Off 1,300 Workers…
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory