Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 25, 24, 09:24:31:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2662700 Posts in 298805 Topics by 307 Members
Latest Member: northern pharmacy canada
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: As frustration sets in... do I really need to know all this 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: As frustration sets in... do I really need to know all this  (Read 976 times)
luvtimes
Honored Member

« on: 01 07, 12, 08:28:03:PM » Reply

ok got my internet options back... where it came back from... who knows... but on that journey I discovered this

http://download.cnet.com/Scientific-Atlanta-WebSTAR-2000-series-Cable-Modem/3000-2112_4-63933.html

how and why I went there is amazing... oh right... laptop fixture...error code 82BD0304, a Cisco product that also takes the place of the above...I thought I could delete it and restore it but I don't know if it worked or not honestly...all my pics ended up on VLC...don't ask... cause I'd really sound dumber than I want you all to know...

I went to 82BD0304 for help and the places it sent me where blank... a whole lot of nothing... you try it... I can't get an answer to why I'm having so many problems with the laptop installation...I've been doing this since 500pm..

if you can or want to... explain it to me like I was 5 years old... got a new modem from TimeWarner for landline, cable and internet... this modem is not allowing anything to work like it did before...soooooooooo I don't know...I'll keep trying a little bit longer...downloading is almost next to impossible everything comes up in error... so I'm trying to go on line to find the software if I can...I think I still have the box and receipt for this darn thing and I maybe going to Walmart next week with it...don't make any sense having something you can't use... right?

ok enough... I'm going to try again...at least for another hour... can't let this stuff bother me like this longer than that....
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #1 on: 01 07, 12, 09:55:39:PM » Reply

if I get any stupider with computers I'm going to commit myself...lol

laptop works now... put the CD in the wrong computer...it has to go into the laptop not the desktop...

who knew that?  hours wasted...

Got something out of it that I couldn't figure too.. Inbox Toolbar... was in the desktop for months... and didn't know Mozilla..whatever put it there reinstalled and uninstalled...now it's gone... goodness.

Internet options works fine now...sooooooooo

Now I'm going to work on those pics to the driveway....

Believe me.... I'm trying...

After I get the pics in, I'm going to learn how to use this damn remote to turn on the TV... I square.... it's the new kind and not like the other one I never learned to use...I call TimeWarner tech office just to ask how to use it... great help... I know I will be calling again... it only took me 6 hours for that....

I am seriously not computerwise... and I know it....

I'm not going to sleep until I figure the pic thing out... wonder how long that's going to take...

I think I will wash clothes all night and stop when I get it down to a science...the directions on it you have to use VLC media player to get them and since it's now working ok... this should be a snap....

duke_john
Contributor

« Reply #2 on: 01 07, 12, 09:58:25:PM » Reply

I feel for you, luv.  What the manufacturers think is obvious certainly isn't.
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #3 on: 01 08, 12, 12:54:59:AM » Reply

Luv - my husband gave me a new laptop as a surprise over the holidays.  Anything new in technology can just be a source of frustration - getting it all set up.  Also using the built in 'mouse' can make pages fly off the screen or magnify to 200%.   So far I have only downloaded 2 browsers - Slimbrowser and Google Chrome - both of which have entirely different looks and ways of working.  I never did take to Safari or Mozilla, so I am not going to go there and download any more.  Everything appears differently to what I work with on my desktop. 

Don't give up................just persevere and get the help of a nerdy or geeky friend if you run into trouble.  My husband is my nerdy 'friend' but he is using the tough love method on me right now - so I will learn to do things myself.   I guess there is always the manual but I hate manuals - they are like a foreign language.  Good luck with it all.
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #4 on: 01 08, 12, 01:34:40:PM » Reply

Our son got a laptop from Santa...and it's still not completely set up.

We still have to change to wireless for the household so he can fire up the net anytime he needs to...right now, he shuts the family box down to hardwire in...pain in the butt...but, I haven't got the time right now to research who gives the best service and try to schedule the changeover...
too much on our plates prepping for graduation, his trip to France, all the college stuff we have get taken care of, work, work, and more work...whew...I need a break...

Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: As frustration sets in... do I really need to know all this
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory