Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 28, 24, 01:12:15:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2663483 Posts in 298880 Topics by 307 Members
Latest Member: Carmelarom
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Economics changes in the pet industry... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Economics changes in the pet industry...  (Read 141 times)
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« on: 11 28, 11, 02:54:15:PM » Reply

Just made our reservation for Ozzie to stay at his usual doggie hotel while we're out of town for our pre-Christmas trip...I was shocked that the prices had risen so much in just a year...about 20%...ouch...

But we have always wanted to ensure our little pal has the best care whenever we can't take him with us.  I had kind of thought that these types of establishments might be offering deals, but it seems to be just the opposite...

I also noticed that dog food has increased...the last time I bought a bag of food, it was about $10...this time, it was almost $13...

emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #1 on: 11 28, 11, 10:31:05:PM » Reply

We did a tour of kennels before we settled on one to leave Hannah in.  The one we settled on has heated and air conditioned spacious kennels and a huge play room opening out on to a play field where they can also play if it's dry.  We are going to do a doggie day care soon to keep her used to the place as she will be there next year when we go out of State without the motorhome.  I am sure the price will go up.

The kibble we give Hannah is called Solid Gold Wolfking and it's about $48.00 for a large bag and we get it from Life Source, which is a natural food store and sells it cheaper than the feed store or Pets Mart.  I also add  a little home cooked chicken or ground beef.   We were advised to give her this by the Rescue Society.   I am sure this will go up in price soon.   I stopped adding a little canned food as the cans are almost $2.00 each and it is cheaper and healthier to add fresh cooked meat and I usually buy it on the day it is marked down at the market and then cook it and freeze it in small containers.  It's a shame to see so many animals turning up in shelters because they are the first to go when a family has to cut down and can't manage any more.
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #2 on: 11 29, 11, 09:48:57:AM » Reply

We don't give Ozzie too much fresh food, his little constitution seems to have a tough time adapting.  I do let him lick the platter after roast beef, chicken or turkey and add a little bacon grease to his kibble every now and again.  There is only one natural foods outlet at the pet store and the price is just way too prohibitive, but he has his vet prescription for food...thank goodness he's so tiny and I don't have to buy the big bags of food...an 8lb bag lasts us at least 6 months...
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Economics changes in the pet industry...
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory