Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 26, 24, 10:40:11:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2663148 Posts in 298846 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Moved Hot Topics  |  Topic: Pictures of a 3rd Graders Social Studies Text Book 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 Print
Author Topic: Pictures of a 3rd Graders Social Studies Text Book  (Read 3621 times)
John Adams
Before a free people can be oppressed they must first be idealogically disarmed....

Repeal the 17th Amendment, No direct elections

« on: 09 11, 11, 06:07:18:AM » Reply

Wondering whether elementary school students are truly indoctrinated in the left wing agenda? Well, wonder no more. They are; and it's worse -- far worse -- than you can possibly imagine.

Consider, if you will, McGraw-Hill's Our Democratic Heritage, a textbook designed for third-graders and published in 2010. If you'd assume that it was intended to teach kids about America's founding and its institutions of government, you'd assume wrong.

The book is a veritable cornucopia of left wing spin.

There is but one sentence devoted to the Bill of Rights

It reads, "These rights [of citizens] are listed in the part of the U.S. Constitution called the Bill of Rights".

• Two pages cover the Declaration of Independence
• Two pages describe the Constitution, all of which are devoted to the three branches of government and separation of powers
• No pages are devoted to James Madison and the authors of the Constitution; there is no mention of federalism
• Six pages are spent describing the background of Paul Revere
• Ten pages are devoted to the history of democracy in ancient Greece.
• George Washington and Abraham Lincoln are mentioned only in passing, almost as if they are immaterial scenery on the road to diversity and social Utopia.

In the section entitled "America's Freedom Fighters":

• Eight pages are spent covering the life of Frederick Douglass
• Five pages on Susan B. Anthony
• Six pages on Mary McLeod Bethune,
• Zero pages are devoted to the life of Abraham Lincoln

In fact, the entire Civil War is described only as a backdrop to the lives of Frederick Douglas and Mary McLeod Bethune.

In the section entitled "The Fight for Freedom Continues":

• Seven pages are spent on praise for FDR (including 2 pages on Pearl Harbor)
• Six pages on Eleanor Roosevelt
• Six pages are devoted to Thurgood Marshall
• Six pages are spent on LBJ's life and the wondrous effects of "Great Society"
• Six pages are spent on Cesar Chavez and the lionization of the labor movement

There is no list of American Presidents.

There is no mention of the two-party system, nor the fact that there exists a group called "The Republican Party".

And there is no mention of a Republican President other than Abraham Lincoln, who merits but a picture and a single sentence. In fact, you would not know from reading this book that there ever was a Republican President.

A total of four paragraphs are spent describing World War II. There is no mention of President Harry S. Truman or of the atomic bombs dropped on Japan to mercifully end World War II.

There is, of course, no mention of Ronald Reagan.

One of the goals we Constitutional conservatives must have is to regain control of our public school systems, which appear to be -- if this book is any indication -- completely out of control.

http://directorblue.blogspot.com/2011/09/holy-crap-inside-3rd-graders-social.html
jackbp
Honored Member

« Reply #1 on: 09 11, 11, 06:27:28:AM » Reply

John....This is where PARENTS come in......If as you illustrate, there is no guidance about all those things we as a nation should hold close, then let the little bastards become democrats.

I made a game of History with my son....I was involved from day one and continues to be all throughout his schooling!

That's what separates us from the libs and dems....they use schools as dumping ground for a few hours at the local drug dealer or bar.

Look where 95% of poverty occurs in America....CITIES...INNER CITIES.....where are democrats strong...INNER CITIES...Where are the schools the worst....INNER CITIES!! DUH!

We just need to be vigilant....the INNER CITIES will NEVER change...they just plain don't give a shit!

WE'LL edit the books as concerned parents....the rest will just wallow in ignorance....just like they do now!
John Adams
Before a free people can be oppressed they must first be idealogically disarmed....

« Reply #2 on: 09 11, 11, 06:32:59:AM » Reply

Notice how the text books prop up recent history as a means of education our children as to what America is and not the actual history, trying to erase that which made us a great country.....

It is disgusting and as you have said, makes the need for reform in education a priority....

We have dumbed down our population, look around it is not hard to see, unless you are a liberal drone , like some of the filth here, screen names not mentioned for obvious reasons....
jackbp
Honored Member

« Reply #3 on: 09 11, 11, 06:42:36:AM » Reply

John don't worry about the Gimmee, Gimmee crowd....they are in a terrible place....imagine being confined to the handouts of an overly generous nation......our "Poverty Stricken" would be KINGS in most other nations!

Yet these ingrates dare to bite the hand that feeds them and denigrate all those who work and provide for their deviant life style.....sad really!
John Adams

« Reply #4 on: 09 11, 11, 06:47:44:AM » Reply

Exactly, those who are the providers are told to "go straight to hell", are terrorists, barbarians at the gates and "sons of bitches".....

Such gratitude from a ungreatful group of takers.....
hoosier_daddy
Don't hate me because I am beautiful

how cool that chemtrail can change profiles

« Reply #5 on: 09 11, 11, 07:15:12:AM » Reply

what does ungreatful mean?  i am not sure what grade school you never graduated from, adams, but apparently you didn't learn a goddamn thing except how to bitch like a fucking toddler with a wet diaper.  i am sure you are lying about all this, and even if it is true, it wouldn't be the end of the fucking world.  have you ever heard of a library?  how about an encyclopedia (don't worry, you don't have to try and spell it, dumbass!)?  how about, as gomer bush might say, "the internets?"  get involved with your kid, if somehow you and your goat produced one....if you don't like his history book, take him to the library and find some alternatives...assuming he can read better than you, he will then have a more balanced view, at least in your hillbilly opinion.  it's time to put on your big girl pants, dry those tears and take a midol and calm the fuck down, bitch.
John Adams

« Reply #6 on: 09 11, 11, 07:20:18:AM » Reply

Did you say something, anything....homo daddy...

I read your bullshit and concluded it was just that, bullshit....

Time to move along, nothing here as usual...
captain_kook
Laughing at the right-wingrrrr corporate-front-Tea Party-GOP-TalkRadio Cult! Yes - YOU!

« Reply #7 on: 09 11, 11, 09:17:28:AM » Reply

There is no one book that includes all of the history of 2010 let alone the entire history of the United States.

Without seeing this particular book for myself I certainly won't take some blogger's word for any of what is stated here.

But history has ALWAYS been incompletely described - partly because you can study history all of your life and never know all of it - and because much of US history - if taught ACCURATELY - tells the tale of a very flawed nation with much blood on its hands.

This little glimpse of history aimed at young kids who, one hopes, will be interested in history enough to study it on their own, is only a glimpse and it tries to make it positive.

The REAL history of America is interesting and even inspirational at times, but it is also a bloody horror show.

flgirl
Honored Member

« Reply #8 on: 09 11, 11, 09:37:06:AM » Reply

Kooky, it isn't that history hasn't been completely described, but now history is being hidden from our children.  Real history that is.
mayzin1
Honored Member

« Reply #9 on: 09 11, 11, 09:42:29:AM » Reply

I'm not supporting nor trashing this book becuase I have not seen it with my own eyes.  But John, how many text books have you written?  How many children do you have in schools?  How many PTA meetings have you attended?  How much time have you personally spent working to assess teaching materials for use in schools.

And about some of the content included and missing - remember (if you can) that the book is for 7 and 8 year olds.
captain_kook
Laughing at the right-wingrrrr corporate-front-Tea Party-GOP-TalkRadio Cult! Yes - YOU!

« Reply #10 on: 09 11, 11, 10:28:12:AM » Reply

Kooky, it isn't that history hasn't been completely described, but now history is being hidden from our children.  Real history that is.

REAL US history has NEVER been taught in US schools.

How do you explain, for instance, American support for the Nazis and Mussolini's Fascists before and in a few cases DURING World War 2?

You can't - so it isn't mentioned.

One of many examples.

flgirl
Honored Member

« Reply #11 on: 09 11, 11, 10:59:02:AM » Reply

mayzin, my son was in school 32 years ago, and they were trying to brainwash them then.  He was again in college 5 years ago, and they were brainwashing there.  Nothing but communist leanings in our public schools and colleges.  People need to send their kids to a church associated college if they really want them to learn what America is about and about it's true history.
Pages: 1 2 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Moved Hot Topics  |  Topic: Pictures of a 3rd Graders Social Studies Text Book
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory