Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 04:16:32:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653360 Posts in 297918 Topics by 308 Members
Latest Member: JerryEcold
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Obama‘s ’Jeopardy’ Joke Falls Flat During Press Conference 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Obama‘s ’Jeopardy’ Joke Falls Flat During Press Conference  (Read 5118 times)
John Adams
Before a free people can be oppressed they must first be idealogically disarmed....

Repeal the 17th Amendment, No direct elections

« on: 07 18, 11, 03:50:06:PM » Reply

Obama‘s ’Jeopardy’ Joke Falls Flat During Press Conference

If you have to tell someone you just told a joke after they failed to laugh, usually that tells you something. So it’s worth wondering what went wrong when the president tried to crack a funny while introducing his choice to head the new consumer protection bureau Monday afternoon.

During his introduction of former Ohio Attorney General Richard Cordray, the president mentioned that Cordray is a former five-time Jeopardy champion. Consequently, he said, “all [Cordray's] answers at his confirmation hearings will be in the form of a question.”

The audience was silent.

“That’s a joke,” Obama said smiling, allowing the crowd to break out in a chorus of chuckles:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/XD6ek8R5Bfs&amp;feature=player_embedded" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/XD6ek8R5Bfs&amp;feature=player_embedded</a>

Presidential jokes are welcomed, and the president tells them often. But this one, it seems, fell flat, either because it wasn’t funny, it had poor delivery, or no one wanted to be the first to break out in laughter during a serious moment. Whatever the reason, it was awkward.

As for the actual nomination of Cordray, that isn’t a joke, and in fact, many Republicans have deep concerns about him.

Obama and Cordray were joined in the Rose Garden by Elizabeth Warren, a special assistant to the president who had been charged with getting the agency running. Warren is widely considered the architect of the bureau, and consumer groups wanted her to be named its leader. But she was strongly opposed by Republicans and would have faced a difficult path to confirmation.

Republicans have already threatened to block Cordray’s Senate confirmation as well.
hoosier_daddy
Don't hate me because I am beautiful

how cool that chemtrail can change profiles

« Reply #1 on: 07 18, 11, 03:52:42:PM » Reply

it was funny.  you just have a gigantic stick up your ass. 
lakitss

« Reply #2 on: 07 18, 11, 03:57:52:PM » Reply

I admit that was funny.

Those teleprompters say the wackiest things!
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #3 on: 07 18, 11, 03:59:18:PM » Reply

Hoserhead,

It WOULD have been funny if Snobama didn't screw up the delivery.

That's what happens when you take his teleprompter away.
hoosier_daddy

« Reply #4 on: 07 18, 11, 04:11:45:PM » Reply

speaking of epic fail, imagine having to use a teleprompter to help you remember 3 things- energy, tax cuts and lift american spirits...

* palinhandjob2.jpg (17.46 KB, 300x219 - viewed 408 times.)

* palin teleprompter.bmp (34.77 KB, 134x88 - viewed 453 times.)
duke_john
Contributor

« Reply #5 on: 07 18, 11, 04:15:59:PM » Reply

You and other Palin haters have used that unflattering top image of Palin many times.

What is the source?  It appears to have been Photoshopped.
hoosier_daddy

« Reply #6 on: 07 18, 11, 04:30:45:PM » Reply

why don't you use the googles to find out?  i have no idea who took the picture. i think it was captured from some video when she was explaining her hands-on teleprompter policy....i do know she did have those 3 phrases on her hand during one debate or pep rally, she admitted she did....
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #7 on: 07 18, 11, 05:04:08:PM » Reply

speaking of epic fail, imagine having to use a teleprompter to help you remember 3 things- energy, tax cuts and lift american spirits

I would say that anyone who can give a speech, being prompted with only three words, is pretty darned confident in what she believes.  Obama, on the other hand can't remember ANY words, so he has to have EVERY SINGLE WORD given to him.

duke_john
Contributor

« Reply #8 on: 07 18, 11, 07:47:50:PM » Reply

Palin did write down three phrases on her hand in one public appearance.

I found that Photoshopped image on one site: a decidedly liberal blog where anything goes, as long as liberals are shown in good light and Righties are not.

That blogster wrote:

"About MeJayne Martinis an unapologetic, bleeding-heart liberal who writes about everything from politics to private parts. A TV-writer in a former life, her credits include "Big Spender" for Animal Planet,and "A Child Too Many," "Cradle of Conspiracy" & "Deceived By Trust," for Lifetime"
upyrwazoo
Contributor

« Reply #9 on: 07 19, 11, 01:43:50:AM » Reply

WHY THE FUCK IS HE DOING STAND UP WHEN THE COUNTRY IS AT WAR IN SO MANY PLACES AND THE ECONOMY IS TEETERING ON A DOUBLE DIGIT RECESSION AND UNEMPLOYMENT IS SO DAMNDED HIGH!!!
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Obama‘s ’Jeopardy’ Joke Falls Flat During Press Conference
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory