Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 28, 24, 09:32:06:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2663674 Posts in 298900 Topics by 307 Members
Latest Member: Carmelarom
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Pets  |  Topic: Ozzie's latest drama... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Ozzie's latest drama...  (Read 899 times)
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« on: 07 14, 11, 12:06:22:PM » Reply

A staph infection...likely from something he got into while we were fishing...
He dropped from 7 lbs to 6.4 lbs and the poor little guy started out w/ nasty, black, greasy movements, then started leaving us packages on the floor,  then couldn't go at all, as it was in his "colon"...

So, 3 IVs, 2 antibiotic shots and nearly $300 later, he's home and seems to be doing better...cuddling in his new little bed...

* ozzie 001 (2).JPG (969.74 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 117 times.)
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #1 on: 07 14, 11, 10:42:02:PM » Reply

Poor Ozzie - he looks as if he is pooped out - 'scuse the pun.  That vet bill was pretty bad and they do come when you're not expecting them.  Hope your baby perks up soon.

Hannah has had "the runs" for the last couple of days and we thought it might be because she trys to eat everything in the garden if we don't stop her.  I had to run a "sample" down to the vets today in case she had parasites or giardia (sp?) - that wasn't a very nice or easy job.  However, they called tonight to say she is clear and give her pepto bismol and start her back on a little food of boiled white chicken and rice.  She did not like the pepto bismol and as I was flipping omelets I told my husband to see if he could give it to her.  He took her out on the deck and ended up with pink shorts!

Also, I had bought a "calming" remedy from the local animal store called "rescue remedy".  She is such a maniac and so hyper on walks and car rides that my husband has been making a few threats of late that he can't take much more and I was getting a feeling of panic!  The solution comes in a dropper and you have to put 4 drops on a treat or in their water to calm them down - but it made no difference.  I took it to the vets today along with the "sample" in case this might be upsetting her although she only had it a couple of times.  Anyway - it has prunes in it...........go figure!
takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #2 on: 07 15, 11, 12:34:02:PM » Reply

Oh my, that may be the culprit emily...poor Hannah...

You should call Victoria Stillwell, or ask the vet for some puppy valium...

emilyB
Contributor

« Reply #3 on: 07 15, 11, 10:34:39:PM » Reply

Puppy valium?  That sounds like a plan - I didn't know they did it for dogs. 

Is Ozzie feeling better today.............sure hope so and that he puts his weight back on, seeing as he doesn't have very much to lose.
pacifica
Honored Member

springborn1959

« Reply #4 on: 07 18, 11, 09:09:23:AM » Reply

Aw, precious doggy in his bed... : ` Hope he's feeling better
takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #5 on: 07 18, 11, 01:06:02:PM » Reply

Not sure...he's back to not eating again...

The vet gave him a time release antibiotic and maybe that is causing the same BMs, but he's acting strangely again...wanting to go outside all the time, even rousted me back out of bed about 2 am this morning to go out (at least he didn't just leave us a present on the floor)...

Gotta keep a close eye on him.
emilyB
Contributor

« Reply #6 on: 07 18, 11, 11:15:31:PM » Reply

I'm so sorry that poor little Ozzie is still not himself!  Maybe when the antibiotics have run their course he will get back to normal.   He was good to wake you, but that 2 am potty call must make you feel like you have a newborn again!   

I guess you are like us and don't have a doggy door - we prefer not to but so far we haven't had any early am wake up calls.  Even when Hannah had her episode last week we wondered if she would ask to go out in the middle of the night but she slept like a log as usual.

Hope you get Ozzie back to normal soon.
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Pets  |  Topic: Ozzie's latest drama...
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory