Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 18, 24, 07:17:00:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660439 Posts in 298591 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Moved Hot Topics  |  Topic: Jesus did not come to bring salvation and peace 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 Print
Author Topic: Jesus did not come to bring salvation and peace  (Read 14005 times)
Me_Beavis_U

« Reply #84 on: 06 25, 11, 05:42:58:AM » Reply

If someone was crucified in the manner of the Romans, death need not be faked.  It was the real thing, a painful death.

Were you there Charley??
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

What would they do without Anecdotals or Snark

« Reply #85 on: 06 25, 11, 05:55:21:AM » Reply

I recall in grade school our history books claimed christians and slaves were sometimes killed by pouring melted lead down their throats, not to mention the "sport" of seeing how long a christian or slave could outrun a hungry lion.

But that was a time when our history books were not afraid to reveal what was likely the true history of the world.

Me_Beavis_U

« Reply #86 on: 06 25, 11, 06:25:28:AM » Reply

You mean like the Old Testament?
duke_john
Contributor

« Reply #87 on: 06 25, 11, 08:54:16:AM » Reply

Beavis, do you seriously believe that Roman crucifixion was a quick, painless and temporary punishment?

If you think so, you have some serious studying to do.
Me_Beavis_U

« Reply #88 on: 06 25, 11, 09:28:57:AM » Reply

Doesn't matter what I think. You or I were not there, nor did we see what happened. It was written about 100 years later, edited 600 after that. I think that he was not what you believe, that is all. I don't believe your God is any more viable than a Sun God.
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #89 on: 06 25, 11, 09:39:48:AM » Reply

If true what is your purpose?
Me_Beavis_U

« Reply #90 on: 06 25, 11, 12:00:13:PM » Reply

After all that is written here, that is all you question. How sad D2. My purpose is to learn, What is YOURS?

duke.

Crucifixion through the hands will not support the weight of the body. All Christian Crosses have him crucified through the hands. If they got that Wrong. Well I question everything about the story.
duke_john
Contributor

« Reply #91 on: 06 25, 11, 12:18:56:PM » Reply

True Roman crucifixion was nailing (sometimes rope binding) through the wrists and upper instep, not the palms.  The person was unable to slouch or stand on a small platform.  It was agonizing.

And, I agree that the common depiction of nailing through the palms is incorrect.
Me_Beavis_U

« Reply #92 on: 06 25, 11, 01:44:17:PM » Reply

When I grew up there was Purgatory, No meat on Friday, and Idolatry in the faith.

Now Purgatory is no more and eating Fish on Friday is Good for your health but meat is not forbidden, well two out of three isn't bad.

The more you bother to learn the more there is to question.
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #93 on: 06 25, 11, 02:01:32:PM » Reply

After all that is written here, that is all you question. How sad D2. My purpose is to learn, What is YOURS?

To what end?

According to Atheism your born and you die with nothing before and nothing after!

What is the point?

What is your purpose?

According to Atheism the universe is all happenstance!

Me_Beavis_U

« Reply #94 on: 06 25, 11, 04:47:25:PM » Reply

Good For THEM. Maybe they understand the word "INFINITY" and what happens in an "INFINITE" amount of Time in 11 dimensions and 3 dimensional time. This goes way over my head of course like Chaos Theory , but it is an example of the difficulty grasping what is right in front of us, without the problems caused by trying to Grasp what is not.

Ask yourself why the Vatican has a List of Forbidden Books that Christians are forbidden to read?
duke_john
Contributor

« Reply #95 on: 06 25, 11, 05:49:21:PM » Reply

The Index Librorum Prohibitorum ("List of Prohibited Books") became obsolete in 1966 and is no longer considered a mandate not to read certain writings.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Moved Hot Topics  |  Topic: Jesus did not come to bring salvation and peace
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory