Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 28, 24, 06:03:40:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2663621 Posts in 298893 Topics by 307 Members
Latest Member: Carmelarom
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Moved Hot Topics  |  Topic: Jesus did not come to bring salvation and peace 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 9 Print
Author Topic: Jesus did not come to bring salvation and peace  (Read 14155 times)
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #24 on: 06 05, 11, 11:15:09:AM » Reply

Many bought Hitler's public propaganda speeches.   
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

What would they do without Anecdotals or Snark

« Reply #25 on: 06 05, 11, 12:41:32:PM » Reply

Wanna try again. I can name Popes that have.

I can name a dozen world christian leaders that have gone to war for GOD and Country.

Then by all means do so.  People who claim they can do something spectacular but don't, generally can't in the first place.

Name them!

Me_Beavis_U

« Reply #26 on: 06 05, 11, 01:00:01:PM » Reply

Pick a Pope

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusades

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inquisition

As for the Leaders claim, that is Obviously Every Leader that is Leader of a Christian nation.
darkflower

« Reply #27 on: 06 05, 11, 01:01:25:PM » Reply

Crusades ring any bells? The inquisitions? The conquistador wars and slaughter of native Americans? How about the phrase "for god and country" I mean come on, the claim that nobody ever went to war in god's name is total bullshit. Heck, Britain had a few civil wars specifically over religion and that led directly to many deciding to colonize America to get away from it.
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #28 on: 06 05, 11, 01:32:00:PM » Reply

Darkflower, the Crusades were prompted by the Islamist invasion of the holy land and denial of all non-Muslims access to holy sites!

The Conquistadors were acting on behalf of greed not religion!

Britain religious wars were the result of a monarch refusing to have just one wife!

Any more BS distractions you wish to spew forth Darkflower?
darkflower

« Reply #29 on: 06 05, 11, 01:59:27:PM » Reply

Any more bs spin you want to throw out there? Give me a break already. You would try to argue the sky is not blue if it fit your agenda. I am interested in facts, not pointless spin-offs.

And I am not going to let that stand. I gave obvious facts, you give bs distractions. This point is not even debatable yet you try to debate it. You are given examples and you say derr, that don't get. Well derr, yes it does.
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #30 on: 06 05, 11, 02:06:03:PM » Reply

the Crusades were prompted by the Islamist invasion of the holy land and denial of all non-Muslims access to holy sites

That is true but the Crusades were about Islamic forced expansion and brutality than Jesus.   Jesus did not force His religion on others, Mohammed did.  That is historical fact.
darkflower

« Reply #31 on: 06 05, 11, 02:08:55:PM » Reply

Jesus was dead. The popes and many others forced christianity on people for him. If he disagrees with their doing it then he really has a bizarre way of showing or rather not showing it. Two thousand years and not a peep of protest from him. His silence is deafening.
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #32 on: 06 05, 11, 02:14:46:PM » Reply

Jesus did not come to bring salvation and peace

That is the assertion...

We all know many Mohammed followers have been at war for a global caliph since Mohammed began his reign of terror.  Christians were persecuted after Jesus, Muslims persevuted others after Jesus and still do to this day.  Islam needs reform but many decient Muslims still fear those who follow strict Islamic doctrine from the 7th Century.   

colfax
Honored Member

« Reply #33 on: 06 05, 11, 04:18:02:PM » Reply

jim says, "Muslims always start wars or bring death in the name of Allah"

yeah, those devious Muslims started the Crusades too
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #34 on: 06 05, 11, 04:23:06:PM » Reply

Yes!

They did start the Crusades by invading the holy land and stopping religious pilgrims visiting!
LadyRavensWing

« Reply #35 on: 06 05, 11, 04:31:11:PM » Reply

Okay, I WILL conceed that the Catholic church DID indeed declare war during the Inquisition.. or what some like to refer to as "The Burning Times."

Ldy R.*
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 9 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Moved Hot Topics  |  Topic: Jesus did not come to bring salvation and peace
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory