Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 25, 24, 09:25:19:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2662939 Posts in 298826 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Moved Hot Topics  |  Topic: It's EASY to say "It's all about the kids" 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: It's EASY to say "It's all about the kids"  (Read 8859 times)
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

What would they do without Anecdotals or Snark

« on: 04 14, 11, 04:42:46:AM » Reply

Governor Chris Christie: Letter to the NJEA

Good speech one year ago, and I'll bet nobody nodded out.  Language matters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nceBCFEiivQ&feature=feedrec_grec_index

sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #1 on: 04 14, 11, 05:21:44:AM » Reply

The NJEA (New Jersey Education Association) is the state's largest public employee union, representing more than 95% of the teachers in New Jersey's 600+ school districts.

Christie said he would not even consider supplicating himself before their membership in search of their heretofore coveted electoral endorsement.

"I will not be seeking the endorsement of your organization," Christie wrote to Joyce Powell, president of the state's leading teachers union. "I am not seeking the formal endorsement of your organization because it will require promises that the governor and I both know will not be kept by either candidate who makes them."

With his June 9 missive, Christie took himself out of contention for one of the most coveted endorsements in New Jersey politics -- one that played a pivotal role in Jon Corzine's 2005 election.

Explaining his move, Christie said: "I have every interest in engaging in a dialogue with them about these important issues, but I have no interest in doing that in a setting where I would be seeking their endorsement, which only leads to pandering by politicians."

Powell was livid.

Besides, everyone knows the Democratic Party in New Jersey is a wholly owned subsidiary of the NJEA. Most elected Democrats in this state don't even take a dump without asking Joyce Powell for permission first. The only way to get their endorsement is to promise to bend over and take it whenever she says "jump".

hoosier_daddy
Don't hate me because I am beautiful

how cool that chemtrail can change profiles

« Reply #2 on: 04 14, 11, 05:39:32:AM » Reply

yeah, fatboy is mesmerizing.  go play with yourselves, boys.  nobody cares what you little bitches think...
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #3 on: 04 14, 11, 05:48:30:AM » Reply

Apparently Unions do care and are freaking out in utter dispair...
hoosier_daddy

« Reply #4 on: 04 14, 11, 05:56:56:AM » Reply

not because of whiny little girls like you.  grow the hell up.  imagine a middle class or working poor person WANTING the government to fuck him, his family, his kids over so the GOP plan for further tax cuts for the rich and for big corporations while cutting funding for seniors, the sick and the poor can get passed.  total bullshit, and you silly boys are falling for it.  right wingers will believe anything....
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #5 on: 04 14, 11, 06:04:19:AM » Reply

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- States' debt loads are high enough, but when you combine them with their pension obligations, the numbers are really eye-popping.

Hawaii's debt, for instance, is $5.2 billion. But so is its pension obligation. Combined, the dual obligations make up 16.2% of the state's economy.

In the time it takes you to read this sentence, Illinois taxpayers will be $200 deeper in debt.

The state’s pension debt will exceed $44 billion this summer, increasing at a rate of about $120 per second.

The combination of debt in terms of both money and percentage gives Illinois the infamous distinction of having the nation’s worst pension problem, according to an Associated Press review of records and interviews with experts. And there’s no solution in sight.

The staggering debt load for the five pension plans for state employees is a problem that’s remained largely in the shadows for decades. The $42 billion “unfunded liability” — the difference between the systems’ assets and what they owe employees in benefits — also is creating a real problem for state policy makers.

It’s squeezing out money for other needs, such as education and health care. It means the state has less money for such things as child-care aid and fixing roads and schools or paying some of the $1 billion it owes to Medicaid health-care providers and others.

Dating to the 1970s, state lawmakers pushed off the yearly payments they were supposed to make to cover the “normal costs” of pensions, or how much employees earned that year in benefits. These so-called holidays added up, and the debt multiplies over time.

“People didn’t pay attention,” said Rep. Kurt Granberg, a Carlyle Democrat who helped push for a plan to deal with pension payments. “They saw the pension obligations 20, 30 years down the road. It was fiscally irresponsible.”

Governors put state jobs on the chopping block

Massachusetts budget cuts: Biggest in 20 years
hoosier_daddy

« Reply #6 on: 04 14, 11, 06:19:59:AM » Reply

guess why...THE FREAKING ALMOST TOTAL COLLAPSE OF THE ECONOMY....the huge rise in unemployment starting the last 5 months of Bush when 3 million jobs were lost, over 750,000 jobs were lost in the first month of January....and that is part of the problem with union benefits...they were negotiated IN GOOD FAITH when  the economy was doing good, and it looked like it was going to be doing good for the foreseeable future.  the cities and the states that were negotiating these deals were happy to keep salaries fairly low and give more to the pensions and health care plan....but when the economy tanked after 6 years of bush bullshit economic programs, all those decisions to pay later backfired on their ass.  not the union's fault, they negotiated in good faith, but to hear you silly ass right wingers tell it, the unions were goons and thugs who forced these poor cities and states to sign these deals....this awful economy left to obama by bush is the reason so many states are in the red.  and why the federal budget is in the red, along with the huge fucking tax cuts for the rich and the big corporations they control.  so what is ryan's answer?  MORE TAX CUTS FOR THE RICH AND THE BIG CORPORATIONS THEY CONTROL.....and you fuckers are so stupid you actually agree!!
sweetwater5s9
Contributor

« Reply #7 on: 04 14, 11, 06:58:18:AM » Reply

The staggering debt load for the five pension plans for state employees is a problem that’s remained largely in the shadows for decades.
aesopsfable

Democrats are all Communists

« Reply #8 on: 04 14, 11, 08:18:15:AM » Reply

Liberals just hate a real leader don't they, getting him to run for President is the only problem, winning would be easy for him.
hoosier_daddy

« Reply #9 on: 04 14, 11, 08:31:03:AM » Reply

just getting that fat moron to get up off his ass would be a monumental job, much less getting him to run...there is no way that is going to happen.  he needs to tighten his belt.  maybe if he didn't eat so fucking much, new jersey might not be in so much debt.  what is his per diem on the taxpayer nickel-  about a million a day?  since he took office, the governor's mansion has its own zip code, plus it has other planets orbiting around christy's nucleus.  the guy is fat, yo.
flgirl
Honored Member

« Reply #10 on: 04 14, 11, 08:59:52:AM » Reply

hooty, fat or thin he is 100 times better than the piece of turd that is in the presidents seat now.  obama's speech should have told you he does have it in or old people, and we already knew he had it in for unborn people.  Tell me, he knows the largest number of people getting abortions are blacks through planned parenthood, so why does he want to continue helping that abhorant mess?   
aesopsfable

Democrats are all Communists

« Reply #11 on: 04 14, 11, 09:07:25:AM » Reply

Ho Daddy alway wrong , always stupid, is there no hope for this mentally challenged ho daddy.
Pages: 1 2 ... 7 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Moved Hot Topics  |  Topic: It's EASY to say "It's all about the kids"
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory