Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 28, 24, 10:59:59:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2663682 Posts in 298900 Topics by 307 Members
Latest Member: Carmelarom
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: I have grown weary of store rip offs... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: I have grown weary of store rip offs...  (Read 300 times)
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« on: 03 09, 11, 02:37:43:PM » Reply

Just got back from Freddys, where I planned to spend about $200 on gardening supplies...but when it came time to ring up the purchases, was told the items I chose weren't on sale...the shelf was clearly marked and everything was of the same style and material...

So, I waited while the cashier called the garden dept., they sent a salesperson up who looked at the items, went back and called the cashier to say nope, not on sale...so I left my entire purchase sitting there, thanked them and came home angry...

I just went online and sure enough, their weekly ad says the items should be on sale...so I called the store...was routed through 3 different managers before I was able to speak w/ the supposed garden manager, who claimed she couldn't find the ad in the flyer, even though I was reading the entire ad to her over the phone...including the dates the items are on sale through for the flyer offered at my LOCAL store...

Now, I'm really angry... having worked in retail for years, the primary job of ad set up is to ensure all sale items scan correctly...even before the days of computers, we did our setups and hand checked every price and tag for accuracy...yet these stores can have generic percent off signs plastered everywhere, have all like items shelved together, computer enabled sku and UPC, have the ease of using computer aided scan guns and still not get it right? 

Arrrrrrrrrrrrgh !!!!

I guess my money is better off in my pocket.

emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #1 on: 03 09, 11, 02:53:43:PM » Reply

Whenever I shop at Safeway - more often than not I find when I get home and check my receipt that I haven't been given the 'special' price of an item.  The excuse always is that it didn't get into the computer.   The sales receipts are not so easy to read either as sometimes the discount is taken off at the end but doesn't specify what it applys to.  I really don't want to be bothered and waste gasoline going back so now I try and go over the receipt in the car before I leave the parking lot.   Last week I bought cod that was on special from the fish market and saw that it was marked as halibut and added another $5.00 to the price.

It is such an inconvenience when you are in a hurry but I figure that it is better in my pocket than theirs when they make mistakes and I always check everything now.
Griobhtha
Fear less, Hope more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less ,say more; Hate less, love more; And all good things are yours. Swedish proverb
Honored Member

« Reply #2 on: 03 09, 11, 03:13:03:PM » Reply

that is the number one complaint of most stores.  Ads are set, but prices aren't changed in the computer.  it happened when I was in retail also, but we were small enough to know or able to check ourselves that it was on sale.
takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #3 on: 03 09, 11, 03:13:51:PM » Reply

Safeway has actually been caught in those stings on price fixing...

What angered me the most, I think, was the manager didn't even know what was on sale in her OWN department!  I just sent a complaint off to corporate as well...

I once caught Albertsons (before they were sold to Kroger who also owns Freddys) in a bait and switch ad scam...the kind where you bought a certain number of mixed items and got an additional $5 or $10 off?  I was ripped off for $15 and stood at customer service where they tried to act like I was just so stupid I didn't know how to read an ad...so I made copies of the ad, went back and took pictures of the signs on the shelves, circled every like item contained in the specials from my receipt and then sent off the explanation of how they were ripping people off to their corporate office in Idaho...I got a personal phone call from the then CEO who said it was clearly worded to deceive and following all their supposed rules to get the additional money off would still render it impossible...I was very careful how I worded my letter and included the premise that my evidence would be sent to the BBB and federal trade commission.  I suggested they stop this type of advertising and simply offer us the best deals possible to ensure we would shop there.  It was shortly thereafter that they stopped these incentives and went to the 10 for $10 ads...

I was sent a $100 gift card and featured in their "super shopper" knowledge section of their corporate newsletter...

I felt like David slaying Goliath...it was really one of my favorite moments of corporate lucidity in my life...LOL  Retail is an ugly business and I wonder sometimes why I stayed in it as long as I did...(about 15 years)

Now, I am again attempting to slay a corporate dragon and kicking ass and taking names (at work)...they'll either promote me or fire me...cuz the Boeing company doesn't like having daylight shined on its ugly, little practices...
I must learn to harness my powers only for good...LOL  This little Freddy's test was a strength builder...kind of like a massive 5 hour energy OD...

LOL

I'm outta here...
takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #4 on: 03 09, 11, 03:15:10:PM » Reply

that is the number one complaint of most stores.  Ads are set, but prices aren't changed in the computer.  it happened when I was in retail also, but we were small enough to know or able to check ourselves that it was on sale.

When I was in retail, we were required to double check as we set ad, then recheck every item and walk the floors during our morning and afternoon meetings with ad in hand to ensure we were right...very little got past our noses back then...
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #5 on: 03 09, 11, 03:52:20:PM » Reply

Here's what I do...before the cashier rings up my stuff... I always but the sale item first and ask them what the price is and if I got the per centage off... I say don't ring that until I know for sure what the price is... if it not on sale I tell them to hold it back... and finish ringing the rest of my stuff...

Now the next person is in line to get waited on... I then go back and check the price again and if it's on sale I bring them the sales tag off the shelves...but wait... I will put it back.... maybe I have too much time on my hands....not true... I have to travel so far to the stores here and I have to wait to long to get the things I need... it's no trouble to me to do those things to save a penny... That's why I call myself the Dollar Store Queen....lol

Not cheap but fugal.....I love being nice to the managers when I speak to them... why?  It's Why-Town and we have a limited amount of places to shop and I really like coming back...and when I speak to the manager I try to remember his/her name...

I do believe there is a law... that states if the tag says it's on sale and posted the manager is suppose to give it to you at the posted price...the same as for ads... which is one of the reasons some newspaper print a retraction of the error somewhere in their paper...usually in small print...

but it's there after someone has gotten the deal....

I wish that they would post a BMW for 1000.00... I bring that law with me so I can speak to the manager....

Jay Leno has on his program or use to... I don't know haven't watch in years... ads that are posted incorrectly and makes fun of them...

All that said... got back to the store and get your items with the sales paper in hand if you can and tell the manager before hand and tell them about you gasoline issue and maybe they will give you an additional off items..

Not proofing this so... do the best you can...
takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #6 on: 03 10, 11, 02:25:26:AM » Reply

I wish I had had time to do that but had to get home and get dinner started for the boys before I left for work...

But it cemented my decision to go find the planters elsewhere...cheaper...

I'm frugal too...and when I'm angry, I'm downright CHEAP !!!  LOL
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: I have grown weary of store rip offs...
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory