Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 29, 24, 09:23:30:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653715 Posts in 297946 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  Technology  |  PC problems  |  Topic: Got a Problem? Write it here - Let us know in top board 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Got a Problem? Write it here - Let us know in top board  (Read 2182 times)
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

What would they do without Anecdotals or Snark

« on: 02 09, 11, 12:11:27:AM » Reply

This board never seemed to get any action so I stopped looking in on it. I apologize for that. Seems I missed two questions. I'm not sure on how much help I as one person could have offered, but the rest of the board could have joined in too.

So, if you have a Problem, then please write it down in this board area, then let us know in top (Current Events) board.

You know how men like to fix things... :- )

raspberry

« Reply #1 on: 12 18, 11, 07:38:19:AM » Reply

I've got an Acer 4736 laptop that shuts down by itself a lot of times in a day. I reckon it's because of heat or something, so I bought a cooling fan and it worked for a while. It doesn't shut down as often, but it still didn't solve the problem.
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

What would they do without Anecdotals or Snark

« Reply #2 on: 12 18, 11, 05:45:49:PM » Reply

I did Laptop repair for Dell and am certified on all thier laptops, and your Acer is just another Laptop as far as I'm concerned.

If your problem is heat, and thats what it sounds like since an external cooling fan seemed to help for a while, then you likely have a large dust buildup deep inside your laptop. Most likely around your internal cooling fan and its heatsink.   After a while that dust actually builds up inside until it looks like a small horse blanket.

The only way to insure you clean it properly is to take the top cover and keypad off for an internal inspection. However, as a short term fix, you may want to blow compressed air into the cooling fan vent, (and I don't mean from an air can, an air can won't do anything), or even put a strong vaccum up to those vents to try to suck some of it out of there. Just keep the vaccuum away from your keyboard, else they WILL pop off.

I've never worked on an Acer, but usually taking the top of the laptop apart is rather simple. Usually there a top bezel in front of the keypad with a small notch, that pops off with a tiny screw driver, or a few tiny screws in the back that hold the top on. The keypad either just snaps out or has two tiny scews itself.

But, I'm not telling you to take it apart, only that I would, and it would be easy to do. if you take it apart, you do so on your own ... :- )

raspberry

« Reply #3 on: 12 24, 11, 05:10:35:AM » Reply

I'll definitely try this.. i'll keep you posted. Thanks for the reply, Merry Christmas
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  Technology  |  PC problems  |  Topic: Got a Problem? Write it here - Let us know in top board
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory