Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 29, 24, 09:41:49:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653715 Posts in 297946 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Pets  |  Topic: Dogs and food allergies... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Dogs and food allergies...  (Read 927 times)
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« on: 12 07, 10, 12:28:34:PM » Reply

Who'da thunk it?  Apparently, a simple change in flavor of dog food (same brand) and a new dog treat may be what caused Ozzie to go nuts and scratch and chew himself raw.  It's the only factors that can be pointed to...nothing else has changed, even the dry weather we've combated w/ a humidifier...

So now, we're debreeding (nasty business that is) in an aveeno bath each day, taking benedryl (who knew you can give your dog the same meds), rubbing him down w/ hydrocortisone cream and we're switching him back to the old flavors...

For only 7 lbs, he sure causes big headaches...LOL

Who me?

* when all else fails, take a nap 001.JPG (108.44 KB, 480x640 - viewed 195 times.)
Griobhtha
Fear less, Hope more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less ,say more; Hate less, love more; And all good things are yours. Swedish proverb
Honored Member

« Reply #1 on: 12 07, 10, 05:28:03:PM » Reply

My chocolate Lab, Dakota is allergic to all commercial dog foods, so have to order a special freeze dried with nothing but veggies, no grains and with turkey, no chicken.  Also nearly lost him the last time he had his shots, so now he isn't allowed those.  Good thing my vet is the County rabies officer.
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #2 on: 12 07, 10, 11:58:16:PM » Reply

Poor babies!   I do know that you can't change their dog food without doing it very gradually by phasing out the present food and adding the new food bit by bit. 

We feed Hannah the Solid Gold Wolfking, brand of dog food and it's main ingredient is bison which is supposed to be excellent for the diet.  Have you ever had a Bison Burger?  They are the best hamburgers and I can almost guarantee no indigestion.   I also supplement the kibble with fresh cooked chicken liver and thighs.   Solid Gold also comes in cans and the downside is that you feel like you are parting with solid gold when you check out.  The animal supply stores and PetCo sell it - not PetSmart though.

Hope Ozzie's skin clears up soon - he certainly doesn't look as if he is in any discomfort from the pic...........just like Hannah - no modesty LOL!
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #3 on: 12 08, 10, 02:43:09:AM » Reply

I do know that you can't change their dog food without doing it very gradually by phasing out the present food and adding the new food bit by bit.

Yes, that's generally correct.  Ozzie has been on the same food since we got him but he likes variety, so we combine the senior formula w/ the puppy formula or the chicken and turkey...each time, mixing bits of the new in w/ the old.  This time, we tried a new beef formula, w/ these chunks of chewy beef...and I bought some new oral care bites from Pedigree...he usually only has Milk bone...

Since it's a crap shoot as to which may be the culprit, we put him back on his old formulas and we'll see what happens.
Griobhtha
Fear less, Hope more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less ,say more; Hate less, love more; And all good things are yours. Swedish proverb
Honored Member

« Reply #4 on: 12 08, 10, 06:22:52:PM » Reply

Yes, Bison burger are really good, we bought it fresh outside of Bison State Park in MT. and it was the best I have tasted. 
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Pets  |  Topic: Dogs and food allergies...
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory