Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 25, 24, 09:12:48:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2662700 Posts in 298805 Topics by 307 Members
Latest Member: northern pharmacy canada
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Cheap way to decorate for Christmas 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2  Print
Author Topic: Cheap way to decorate for Christmas  (Read 1681 times)
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #12 on: 12 01, 10, 05:51:40:AM » Reply

I made this in 1972 with all my grandma's left over yarn. All I had to buy was more brown to connect it. Now picture this is red, white and green. I made her one for Christmas one year.
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #13 on: 12 01, 10, 06:01:26:AM » Reply

Emily...I cut them out of plywood with a hand held  jigsaw...painted with craft paints.  I had 8 of them at one time. The orange one was put out on Halloween one year with a wooden witch hat and some  high schooler stole him!!! I had to report him as a kidnapping. OUr school colors are orange and light blue...he was never to be seen again.
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #14 on: 12 01, 10, 07:31:59:AM » Reply

Oh Wow!

Creative....love them all...
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #15 on: 12 01, 10, 03:16:04:PM » Reply

I would be tempted to steal one too............they are so darn cute. 

The comforter is so pretty but I bet you crocheted it.   I have never been able to crochet - I am like a cow with a crochet hook.  I just have to stick to knitting and sewing.  You, sun, are multi-talented and very creative.
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #16 on: 12 01, 10, 03:43:39:PM » Reply

I have never gotten the knack of knitting or crocheting.  Being left-handed, my poor mother tried in vain to teach me but I just couldn't get it...I could make tons of chains, but do nothing w/ them...

She crocheted until her poor hands were knarled.  I still have two beautiful afghans she made.  One in burgandy and wine for my wedding and one in blues that was given to my older son after her death. 

I suppose that if I set my mind to it, I could learn...just gotta be stubborn about it.  But then again, I want to learn to play the mandolin too, but my brother, the professional musician told me my stubby little fingers would never be able to hit all the notes...

sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #17 on: 12 01, 10, 04:45:31:PM » Reply

Emily...it's crocheted with granny squares. It's hard to tell because I used that variegated  yarn. :-) You got me wanting to pick up the needles and hooks again but I am aching so much from the yard work. I need a break this winter with no snow to shovel. FL is looking real good lately. Oh yeah, I hate the heat and sand flies...never mind.
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #18 on: 12 01, 10, 05:06:54:PM » Reply

I have afghans all over the place that my mother crocheted too.  The kids still have theirs - they took them with them when they flew the nest.  My mum did tablecloths, place settings and even a bedspread in really fine crochet yarn in ecru and they were all in a pineapple pattern that was so popular.   I love all the place mats and still have them - they look so pretty on a plain colored tablecloth. 
Pages: 1 2  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Cheap way to decorate for Christmas
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory