Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 27, 24, 09:35:03:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2663433 Posts in 298879 Topics by 307 Members
Latest Member: Carmelarom
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: You people have really done it now... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: You people have really done it now...  (Read 862 times)
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« on: 11 08, 10, 01:39:34:AM » Reply

Thanks to all the pics and tales of remodeling, painting, fix up...the hubby and I went out today and started buying things to work on updating the house...

We found outdoor and bathroom lighting, a new microwave hood combo, new blinds, even a new kitchen sink...

Oy Vey...now we gotta get busy...LOL

You people need to stop...seriously...this could get to be habit forming...LOL
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #1 on: 11 08, 10, 05:22:40:AM » Reply

Oh no...not another Martha!!!
aesopsfable

Democrats are all Communists

« Reply #2 on: 11 08, 10, 07:57:04:AM » Reply

Great , paint that molding.
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #3 on: 11 08, 10, 09:51:27:AM » Reply

Do not paint the moulding....

Stain! Stain! Stain!
Griobhtha
Fear less, Hope more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less ,say more; Hate less, love more; And all good things are yours. Swedish proverb
Honored Member

« Reply #4 on: 11 08, 10, 10:34:08:AM » Reply

Just before you put it on the market, go out to the end of your driveway and start looking at the house as not yours!  It has now become a product, so look at what YOU would see if you were going to buy this house.  Hardest thing is to disconnect your feelings for your home and think of it as a product, but that is what you have to do.
After you have done all your painting , repairs ect, here are some things you want to do when you put it on the market.

Remove as many personal items as you can ( family pictures ect)
Pack all dishes and pots and pans that you don't use on a daily basis, makes you cabinets appear more spacious .
Same with closets, remove anything you won't be wearing that season, all extra stuff like luggage and keep just enough linens and bedding to get by with.
remove heavy drapes or curtains
Remove anything  attached  that is NOT staying with house( like a certain light fixture or curtains that match your comforter) One buyer wanted my hat and coat rack because it was on the wall.
polish all your faucets, mirrors and clean windows and sills.
fix things you are accustom to, like that toilet handle that you have to jiggle or the door knob that is a little hard to open.
replace any light switch covers that have been painted with new ones.
pack all but a few books and knic-knacs away, people want to visualize their things there, not yours.
remove all unnecessary furniture, to make rooms appear larger.
turn on all the lights for any viewing, even in day time.
make sure all blinds , drapes are open for viewing.
cinnamon scented (glade  ,ones you plug in are great) make the house smell like a home.
New front door mat
don't forget to take a good look at the mail box, need painting or new one.
polish front door handles and if needed repaint the door and frame.
of course clean everything, including garage and storage sheds.
rent storage unit if needed to put your things in that you are removing, like packed boxes, furniture and tools.
takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #5 on: 11 08, 10, 01:43:24:PM » Reply

Thank you Grio...that's kind of how we started in doing our shopping...I think the suggestions are wonderful.

I bought updated fixtures, that are simple and clean (except for my powder room, it's a bit fancier).  We don't plan on allowing the refrigerator to stay, it's oversized anyway, but I don't plan on removing it prior, just writing that into the agreement so it will be known by anyone who buys...The hubby is really shying away from ding anything, just "sell it"...but in this market, w/ so many other houses out there, I told him, not fixing up will lose us a lot of money...and most of it is stuff we can do ourselves.  The biggest expense will be my insistence that we put in wood flooring in the main area downstairs...

We will be cleaning out everything personal and staging...I already told the guys that once we do get into the market, we will live like we're in a hotel, so be prepared...

I have until about May to get everything done before we plan to actually list...
Griobhtha
Fear less, Hope more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less ,say more; Hate less, love more; And all good things are yours. Swedish proverb
Honored Member

« Reply #6 on: 11 08, 10, 02:15:56:PM » Reply

It is a buyers market, and your house has to  out shine the others.  I have used that lists, plus some in everyone of the 7 houses we have sold and the longest any house was on the market was 35 days.  Shortest on the market, signed listing at 7pm, sold at 9am.  Realtor put of for sale and sold sign at the same time.r
takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #7 on: 11 08, 10, 03:22:49:PM » Reply

I watch HGTV every day...and love the real estate sales shows...

Your list is too true, too true and it's shown me so much...convincing my husband is the trick.  He's lived in pits all his life, his parents would just walk away from homes when they got in trouble...and after we met, he got a wake up call about pride and respect...because I grew up very poor but my mother instilled in us that you take care of what you have and it will take care of you.

I would surmise that our house is in much better shape, after 10 years, than 90% of the same homes in the neighborhood...and we have done little but paint and clean regularly...this is the first updating we've really done...besides some ceiling fans (though now we have central AC)...

I am keeping my fingers crossed...
Griobhtha
Honored Member

« Reply #8 on: 11 08, 10, 03:40:03:PM » Reply

than 90% of the same homes in the neighborhood...and we have done little but paint and clean regularly

That is the major thing that will keep your house value up!  Some let the minor repairs and upkeep go until it would cost a fortune to fix.   

My Mom once lived in N.M., where they had dirt floors, but she swept them everyday! And white washed the adobe walls once a year, so I learned  to keep it clean and repaired, LOL!  A little tougher as I get older, takes longer, but still wash all walls every six months.
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: You people have really done it now...
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory