Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
08 31, 24, 09:07:31:PM

Login with username and password

When wondering why such a divide exists in America, never forget the warning:
"We are just days away from Fundamentally Changing the United States of America."

Search:     Advanced search
2700991 Posts in 302446 Topics by 310 Members
Latest Member: Final_Boss
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: New, old toy... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: New, old toy...  (Read 373 times)
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« on: 06 05, 24, 02:23:33:PM » Reply

I've been jones'n for my own classic ride to complement my husband's collection...something I could drive to shows without worry...unlike the old farm truck that we either have to baby along or trailer, or the Mustang that scares the bujeebers outta me to drive (stick shift, racing gears and engine), so he can take the old farm truck as well.
So, long story short, a guy at work getting ready to retire is giving up his toys and wanted one of his trucks to go to someone who would not flip it and sell it out from under him...enter me...
Unbeknownst to me, my husband had offered to buy the truck from him a couple years ago and he wasn't ready to let go...but his health is now a factor so he approached my husband about "taking" the truck.  Well, we took it, and immediately my husband handed me the title and said, "he's yours now"...

I just replaced the windshield, and I'm in the process of getting it detailed and looking at a new paint job. It was originally red, but the black was shoddily done and I'm not a fan of the original color, so I'll be choosing a custom paint with ghost graphics to mimic the original side and rear graphics...and returning to the original saw blade wheels, these 20s are too much for me.  I like a lower stance.

My 1993 Ford Lightning...still need a name for it, but, I'm stoked as an old woman who has loved trucks all her life and missing my 99 Ranger terribly.

* new windshield.jpg (217.93 KB, 745x559 - viewed 61 times.)
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #1 on: 06 05, 24, 02:55:33:PM » Reply

A reliable and simple-to-maintain vehicle compared to today's bleeding edge and unreliable vehicles!

I'd run it till the frame rusted out!
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #2 on: 06 07, 24, 02:36:09:PM » Reply

It will not be sold and I'll drive it often.  It has about 125,000 miles already, but the engine is strong and once I get enough funding together, I'll be working on making pretty to my liking...with a custom paint job.
Jim
When someone claims to have an Open Mind they are soon shocked, dismayed, and offended that there actually are other views.
Contributor

What would they do without Anecdotals or Snark

« Reply #3 on: 06 27, 24, 07:04:50:PM » Reply

N o i c e   !!!

sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #4 on: 07 02, 24, 05:24:17:PM » Reply

Very nice!
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: New, old toy...
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory