Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 28, 24, 07:49:38:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2663496 Posts in 298883 Topics by 307 Members
Latest Member: Carmelarom
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Well, that does it... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Well, that does it...  (Read 459 times)
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« on: 10 30, 10, 12:42:23:AM » Reply

My husband just called me with bad news...he was getting ready for bed and heard some noises outside...went out and someone had torn apart or ripped off most of our entire Halloween display...

Well, that does it, this will be our last year hosting a food drive or decorating for any holiday...I won't waste any more time or money on the heathens in this neighborhood.
mudslinger

JESUS , MARY, JOSEPH , GOD HELP THIS COUNTRY

« Reply #1 on: 10 30, 10, 07:38:09:AM » Reply

I told you about Halloween didn't I.  Ban it. How do you know it wasn't the wind. Nowadays kids can't even have fun without destroying something.
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #2 on: 10 30, 10, 08:58:56:AM » Reply

That terrible...

My surveillance would have caught them....night vision is wonderful....but I now know it would have been the crackheads next door...

The world we live is changing....

Don't stop donating food to the pantries because they are so much needed today... don't allow heathens to change your spirit or your heart...

Any deco I use outside here comes from the Dollar Store so if I have to take a loss... it's not big deal to loose or replace....

I don't do Halloween here for the reasons I mentioned on my Why-Town Halloween thread below...but what I do do...is load up the shot gun and pray that I don't miss....I won't
Griobhtha
Fear less, Hope more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less ,say more; Hate less, love more; And all good things are yours. Swedish proverb
Honored Member

« Reply #3 on: 10 30, 10, 10:23:50:AM » Reply

sorry about that Takn, but don't stop your food drive!  In this economy more that usual the food banks need our donations.  I know in our County the food banks are giving out more than double what was ever needed before and this has been just in the last 3 years.
takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #4 on: 10 30, 10, 11:35:43:AM » Reply

No, no, no, we won't stop donating, the food bank and mission are our charities of choice.  But let me tell ya, the atmosphere around here has changed so much...last year and in previous years, the week running up to Halloween, we always had a couple hundred pounds of food collected prior to Halloween night...this year, I have two tiny bags...uhm, not including the stuff the asshat vandals scattered on the lawn...and neighbors?  You'd think at least one of the 4 houses directly in our line of sight would have seen something.  Hell, my husband is kicking himself because he was in the garage working on our fog machine layout and had the world series game turned on...but no one cares anymore and that is what is most bothersome.

And complaining to the sheriff?  Property crimes investigations were the first thing on the chopping block for their "budget cuts"...when lo and behold the sheriff ended up with a new 4 wheel drive...hmmmmmmm

My spirit is defeated lately...with a lot of other stuff going on that is out of our control, working so much OT is taking its toll, the worries over work and the possibility of layoffs looming again-there's a lot that we look forward to with our annual display.

I thought about taking it all down and putting up a huge sign that says -this halloween non-display brought to you by local vandals and thieves-  but, I will go with what we have left and paint on my smile and enjoy the tiny tots...but we won't even bother decorating for Christmas at all...

sigh...

maybe sunshine or emily will post more happy wildlife and puppy pics

emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #5 on: 10 30, 10, 12:54:32:PM » Reply

It makes you wonder how these kids were raised.............or not!   It's the same with Christmas decorations in some neighborhoods.  I think that probably the best bet takn, is to decorate from the inside but God forbid that would entice some vandal to break in.   It is very disheartening!  So far my neighborhood hasn't experienced any of this - it is very small, we live in a small town and................everyone knows your name.  I really love it!
luvtimes
Honored Member

« Reply #6 on: 10 30, 10, 01:09:36:PM » Reply

That's really sad Takn...

I enjoy holidays lately on the internet considering Why-Town is a horror in itself....I got portable cam but don't know how to work it darn!  I'd stop posting this digusting place and show reality movies daily...but I'm not sure if the cam does night vision.... if it did/does...oh boy, you're in for a reality show... of crackheads and gun fires that now hardly puts fear in anyone... we hear it and go on about our business....

So count your blessing you don't live like this... trust that....

Hope is all I have...for better days and nights....

Off subject...

We got a frost last night.... roofs looked like it had a soft snow...

Most of my leaves blow down the street...hehehehe....but I will have to get them one more time....dethacthed the grass the crackheads tried to kill over here... jealousy is something... I will reseed and fertilize after I remove all the leaves...I always reseed anyway because of the dogs but if I get anymore gasoline on my property... I'm going to get my water pressure out and use gasoline to kill every thing that moved over in that place....those people are too old to be that stupid....breaking one of the commandments of coveting your neighbors.....

I actually call it cowardness.  Because when I come out they go to the windows and peek out in feal of retalitation... me... I wouldn't think of it.....lol 

I enjoy gardening too much to get that mad... I just replant and hope for rain afterwards...

Didn't find any perennials this fall for the spring so... I guess.... no I'm going to go out and get some bulbs today.... I got paid...yea! 

So red/pink/purple are in my head today... and I had not better see a rabbit anywhere or I'll shooooo them away.... they got all of them this spring.... and the cute groundhog would come up to my porch and eat the leaves off of the nastriums(sp) a pepper tasting leaf....

Anyway... out of here... got to go pay the auto insurance... and I do feel taxed about it...

later!
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #7 on: 10 30, 10, 04:23:14:PM » Reply

Oh that's so bad taken...hugs....I know how you feel. I had a 3 foot orange M&M wearing a witches hat I made stolen one year. Orange and blue were our high school colors so I can only imagine where he is. Darn those snots!

We plan to sit at the end of the driveway this year. Last year a pick up drove up my curvy driveway hill with kids sitting on the tail gate. I don't want anyone falling off, getting hurt  and suing us over a piece of candy.
takncarabizniz
Contributor

« Reply #8 on: 10 30, 10, 07:37:02:PM » Reply

This springboard of emotions has me all over the place.  I always try to see the best in every situation, but after a while, it just gets to ya, ya know...but I guess, just like luv said, you gotta rise above it.  Thank you all for your understanding.

We'll turn on the lights to what's left and we have a few things in the garage we didn't put out like giant pumpkins (the wind was so strong they would have just blown away) and nothing under the porch was touched (except for the food box) so all the hanging lanterns and black lights are still there...but we were tracing the footprints thru the gardens and have an idea who it may be...so when I see the little puke come to the door, I plan on giving him the tiniest piece of candy we have, while the boys he will be with undoubtedly, I'll dump a handful on...

And yeah, it makes me wary of the Christmas display if this kid has taken to having a mean streak...but we'll see...

Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Well, that does it...
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory