Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 18, 24, 10:01:23:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660497 Posts in 298594 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Tucker in a Barn, and Violating Agreement with FOX! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: Tucker in a Barn, and Violating Agreement with FOX!  (Read 613 times)
Truman62

MAGA Policies bring Misery and Death to America!

« on: 06 08, 23, 02:04:56:PM » Reply

At the end of Carlson’s first show, a 10-minute monologue in a barn, with a wide shot showing he was operating his own teleprompter, the host said he would bypass the mainstream media to tell viewers the truth, as Russians under communism once found ways to hear broadcasts from other countries.

He said: “We’ve come to Twitter which we hope will be the shortwave radio under the blankets. We’re told there are no gatekeepers here. If that turns out to be false, we’ll leave … We’ll be back with much more very soon.”

Not long after the episode was posted, Carlson’s lawyers received a letter from Fox News general counsel Bernard Gugar who said Carlson “is in breach” of his contract agreement, reported Axios.

The letter quoted Carlson’s contract: “Pursuant to the terms of the agreement, Mr Carlson’s ‘services shall be completely exclusive to Fox’.”. It added that the contract says Carlson is “prohibited from rendering services of any type whatsoever, whether ‘over the internet via streaming or similar distribution, or other digital distribution whether now known or hereafter devised’.”.

Elon Musk, the Twitter owner, retweeted the video and said it would be “great to have shows from all parts of the political spectrum on this platform”.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/tucker-carlson-peddles-conspiracy-theories-143226629.html
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #1 on: 06 08, 23, 02:19:20:PM » Reply

Tucker Violating Agreement with FOX!

And the penalty for that is forfeiture of his salary.  Fine.
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #2 on: 06 08, 23, 04:27:35:PM » Reply

FOX fired Carlson, and now their position is: he’s not allowed to speak.  Ain't goin to happen.  He didn’t go to a competing network. He has no contract with Twitter. He’s just speaking on social media. So, if you didn't know FOX's motivation for firing him before, ya sure do now.
wvit1001

« Reply #3 on: 06 08, 23, 04:31:26:PM » Reply

It adds that Carlson's contract says he is "prohibited from rendering services of any type whatsoever, whether 'over the internet via streaming or similar distribution, or other digital distribution whether now known or hereafter devised.'"
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #4 on: 06 08, 23, 04:34:17:PM » Reply

I stopped watching FOX from the day they fired him, except for the Trump townhall.  I did my part.
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #5 on: 06 08, 23, 04:51:24:PM » Reply

Fox continues to pay Carlson his salary.  That's the only thing that enables them to control what he does.  If he violates his contract, Fox no longer has to pay the salary.  Simple.

Tucker is free to leave his contract and forfeit his salary.   It looks like that is exactly what he is doing.
wvit1001

« Reply #6 on: 06 08, 23, 04:53:31:PM » Reply

Except for that contract thing he signed dan.

and why would you think FOX is paying his salary?
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #7 on: 06 08, 23, 04:57:29:PM » Reply

Because that is the only leverage they have to compel his behavior.   He's not a slave.  You can't force anyone to do anything against their will.

A contract is where one side agrees to do something IN EXCHANGE for some form of compensation.  If one side fails to perform, the other side is no longer obligated.
wvit1001

« Reply #8 on: 06 08, 23, 05:04:40:PM » Reply

who has failed to perform dan?   you said FOX was paying his salary so it wasn't them was it?
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #9 on: 06 08, 23, 06:34:05:PM » Reply

who has failed to perform dan?

Tucker Carlson, by not maintaining the "exclusivity clause."

you said FOX was paying his salary so it wasn't them was it?

Correct.  It was Tucker Carlson who broke the contract.

Now that Tucker has broken the contract, Fox is no longer obligated to pay him.
wvit1001

« Reply #10 on: 06 08, 23, 06:38:34:PM » Reply

It looks like they don't want to break the contract and have to go to court.   So far they've just reminded him of his obligations.    But we all know tucker has no morals so I'm sure his word means nothing to him and he doesn't feel obligated to keep it. 
wvit1001

« Reply #11 on: 06 08, 23, 06:43:59:PM » Reply

Fox News says Tucker Carlson breached his contract

Fox News Wednesday notified Tucker Carlson's lawyers that the former prime-time anchor violated his contract with the network when he launched his own Twitter show on Tuesday, according to a copy of a letter obtained by Axios.

Why it matters: A breach of contract claim sets Fox News up to explore potential legal action against Carlson, a move that would intensify the already thorny public battle between the two parties.

Shortly after Carlson posted the first episode of his new show on Twitter Tuesday evening, Fox News general counsel Bernard Gugar sent a letter to Carlson’s lawyers saying Carlson "is in breach" of his contract agreement.

"In connection with such breach and pursuant to the Agreement, Fox expressly reserves all rights and remedies which are available to it at law or equity.”

The letter refers to Carlson's contract, which was originally signed on November 8, 2019 and amended on February 16, 2021.

Pursuant to the terms of the Agreement, Mr. Carlson’s 'services shall be completely exclusive to Fox,'" it continues, quoting Carlson's contract.

It adds that Carlson's contract says he is "prohibited from rendering services of any type whatsoever, whether 'over the internet via streaming or similar distribution, or other digital distribution whether now known or hereafter devised.'"

A source told Axios that Carlson was told by a senior Fox executive that the network's goal is to keep him sidelined until 2025.

https://www.axios.com/2023/06/07/fox-news-tucker-carlson-contract-breach
Pages: 1 2 ... 7 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Tucker in a Barn, and Violating Agreement with FOX!
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory