Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 05:17:46:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653533 Posts in 297932 Topics by 308 Members
Latest Member: JerryEcold
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Sucralose is genotoxic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Sucralose is genotoxic  (Read 89 times)
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« on: 06 02, 23, 04:50:34:PM » Reply

A new study on sucralose—a popular sugar-free sweetener that underwent 110 safety studies before the U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved it in 1998—finds the popular ingredient has toxicities that regulatory agencies must consider.

New health and safety findings revealed in the study show sucralose, sometimes sold under the brand name Splenda, is “genotoxic,” meaning it breaks up DNA. That’s on top of other condemning evidence revealed in the study published May 29 in the Journal of Toxicology and Environmental Health. Years of independent research into sucralose have dismantled many of the original claims made in its food additive permit.

How sucralose can damage DNA is a metabolic process. When the sweetener is digested, it forms a metabolite called sucralose-6-acetate. But the product itself has also been found to contain trace amounts of this chemical compound. Taken together, the results of this study and previous research implicate sucralose in a range of detrimental health issues.

“This is not acceptable. We can’t have genotoxic compounds in our food supply,” Susan Schiffman, corresponding author of the study, told The Epoch Times. “I think if it was presented to the FDA today, they would not approve it. The original claims made to the FDA, they just aren’t true. I don’t know how they missed it.”
The new study bolsters other research, including some Schiffman has done over the last several years.

In 2018, her team discovered that sucralose, argued to simply pass through the gastrointestinal tract without metabolizing, converts to metabolites called sucralose-6-acetate, a fat-soluble compound that stayed in the tissues of rats two weeks after they last consumed sucralose. In the new study, researchers conducted in vitro experiments exposing human blood cells to the metabolite and monitoring for markers of genotoxicity.

“We also found that trace amounts of sucralose-6-acetate can be found in off-the-shelf sucralose, even before it is consumed and metabolized,” she said in the news release.

“To put this in context, the European Food Safety Authority has a threshold of toxicological concern for all genotoxic substances of 0.15 micrograms per person per day. Our work suggests that the trace amounts of sucralose-6-acetate in a single, daily sucralose-sweetened drink exceed that threshold. And that’s not even accounting for the amount of sucralose-6-acetate produced as metabolites after people consume sucralose.”

https://www.theepochtimes.com/health/researchers-discover-toxic-sweetener-damages-dna_5307637.html
gwboolean

« Reply #1 on: 06 02, 23, 04:53:04:PM » Reply

You are using mighty big words there Commie Curtis.  Don't put too big a strain on whatever few braincells you have.
sine-qua-non
ACCOLADES

Try Jesus, if you no like, Satan will take U back

« Reply #2 on: 06 02, 23, 07:10:17:PM » Reply

Looks like booboob here is a BIG user of sucrose

It’s already effected his DNA and is mind !
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #3 on: 06 02, 23, 07:28:03:PM » Reply

Remember, the COVID vaccine is safe!

The FDA says so!
gwboolean

« Reply #4 on: 06 02, 23, 08:52:40:PM » Reply

GW has a big issue with sucrose!

I have no issue with sucrose whatsoever.  Why do you believe that? 

I was just showing a little concern that you inbred Republican N Word monkeys might hurt yourselves attempting to discuss things you know nothing about.
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #5 on: 06 02, 23, 10:32:20:PM » Reply

Wow, just post for the sake of posting!
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Sucralose is genotoxic
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education