Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 25, 24, 08:36:03:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2662913 Posts in 298826 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Why don’t mass shootings happen outside of the US? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 Print
Author Topic: Why don’t mass shootings happen outside of the US?  (Read 95 times)
Jw2

DJB is a closet homo

« on: 05 26, 22, 10:44:07:AM » Reply

Gun laws in other countries:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/gun-laws-in-other-countries-why-don-t-mass-shootings-happen-outside-of-the-us/ar-AAXHJA2?ocid=entnewsntp&cvid=ff24ba52b6044102978084e22e9a4603

It marks the latest horrifying example of gun violence in a country where mass shootings are disproportionately common when compared to similar countries around the world. Some estimates have suggested that the United States has more guns than people, and efforts to enact tougher restrictions on gun ownership are frequently defeated in Congress.

Speaking to ABC News David Hemenway, director of the Harvard Injury Control Research Center, explained: “Compared to the other peer countries, basically what we have is lots and lots of guns, particularly handguns, and we have by far the weakest gun laws. Not surprisingly, we have huge gun problems.”

Full details of the weapons used in the Robb Elementary School attack have not yet been released, but in the vast majority of gun massacres in the US a legally-obtained firearm was used. Earlier this month a gunman killed ten Black people in an attack on a Tops supermarket in Buffalo, New York using an assault-style rifle.

In fact, between 1966 and 2019, 77% of all mass shooters in the US used weapons they had obtained through legal purchases, according to a survey compiled by the National Institute of Justice. That trend has continued into 2022 with shooters able to easily purchase weapons with minimal checks.

“Based on what we know about Buffalo, the system seems to have been followed, but the problem is with the system itself,” said Fred Guttenberg, whose 14-year-old daughter was killed in the school 2018 Parkland shooting in Florida. “The reality of life in America, the big problem, is that these people don’t have to jump through enough hurdles to get a

Australia shows the benefits of tighter gun laws
In 1996 Australia suffered its 13th mass shooting in 18 years when Martin Bryant killed 35 people at a popular tourist resort in Port Arthur, Tasmania.

This attack led to all states and territories in the country adopting the National Firearms Agreement, which established a national gun registry, imposed permit requirements, and banned all semi-automatic rifles and shotguns. The government also introduced a buyback program which took around 650,000 firearms off the streets.

That proved to be a turning point in Australia, with a 2018 study from the University of Sydney noting that there had been just one mass shooting in the 22 years following the reforms.
lakitss

« Reply #1 on: 05 26, 22, 10:54:40:AM » Reply

We have a bill of rights that states we have the right of self defense. They don't.

The people are subject to whatever that country's government decides to impose on them.

Fuck that.
Truman62

MAGA Policies bring Misery and Death to America!

« Reply #2 on: 05 26, 22, 11:13:57:AM » Reply

Lackie is gonna die by one of its own guns!  33% chance normally,
but because it's Lackie, that goes up to 67% chance!
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #3 on: 05 26, 22, 11:37:53:AM » Reply

Because in the other countries, commie governments do the mass shootings and they call it something else.  But, in reality, some also have the same scattered multiple killing events that happen here.  Brandon just hates America, is all.
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #4 on: 05 26, 22, 11:59:36:AM » Reply

Because other countries don’t have as much freedom as we.
lakitss

« Reply #5 on: 05 26, 22, 12:15:30:PM » Reply

My guns are inanimate objects incapable of acting on its own without human interaction, hence the fact that guns don't kill.
lakitss

« Reply #6 on: 05 26, 22, 12:26:29:PM » Reply

When guns were prohibited in London, stabbings rose exponentially. Humanity is the problem and always will be.
Mystic
Are you dumb all the time or just when I'm around?
Honored Member

My guess is - all the time.

« Reply #7 on: 05 26, 22, 12:48:23:PM » Reply

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/mass-shootings-by-country
Average (Mean) Annual Death Rate per Million People from Mass Public Shootings (U.S., Canada, and Europe, 2009-2015):
   1   Norway — 1.888
   2   Serbia — 0.381
   3   France — 0.347
   4   Macedonia — 0.337
   5   Albania — 0.206
   6   Slovakia — 0.185
   7   Switzerland — 0.142
   8   Finland — 0.132
   9   Belgium — 0.128
   10   Czech Republic — 0.123
   11   United States — 0.089
   12   Austria — 0.068
   13   Netherlands — 0.051
   14   Canada — 0.032
   15   England — 0.027
   16   Germany — 0.023
   17   Russia — 0.012
   18   Italy — 0.009
In addition, a 2018 CRPC study ranked the U.S. at number sixty-four in the world in terms of mass shooting rates per capita..
dont-blameme
Contributor

« Reply #8 on: 05 26, 22, 12:48:37:PM » Reply

jerkwad2 should know the problem isn't guns its people that chooses to do such acts, and they would carry out such acts without having a gun, so many ways to kill and so many things to use to make it happen, the type of people jerkwad2 votes for and supports are those that go after the law abiding with more laws and rules in order to make themselves feel good about themselves and does nothing about the real problem, and they know that only the law abiding would abide by the new laws while those with evil intent will laugh at their stupid ass. 
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #9 on: 05 26, 22, 04:59:07:PM » Reply

On Wednesday’s broadcast of the Fox News Channel’s “Jesse Watters Primetime,” Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) stated that Democrats blocked legislation he proposed in 2013 to bolster school security and keep firearms out of the hands of criminals and the mentally ill by keeping it from reaching the 60-vote threshold.

Cruz said, “In 2013, I introduced legislation that would spend $300 million on federal grants to harden schools to make them safer, to make them more protected. The Democrats filibustered that legislation. I’ve introduced legislation to say schools like this elementary school behind me can get federal grants to harden their security, to put in bulletproof doors, bulletproof glass, to put in armed police officers to protect kids.”

He later added, “In 2013, I introduced legislation called Grassley-Cruz, which targeted felons and fugitives and those with serious mental illness. It directed the Department of Justice to do an audit of federal convictions to make sure felons are in the database. It directed the Department of Justice to prosecute and put in jail felons and fugitives who try to illegally buy firearms. That vote in the Harry Reid, Democrat Senate…a majority of the Senate voted in favor of Grassley-Cruz, but the Democrats filibustered it. They demanded 60 votes. They defeated it because they wanted to go after law-abiding citizens instead of stopping the bad guys. We need to stop the bad guys.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/05/25/cruz-dems-blocked-my-legislation-to-harden-schools-keep-guns-away-from-criminals-from-getting-60-votes/

More innocent blood on Democrat's hands!
Jw2

DJB is a closet homo

« Reply #10 on: 05 26, 22, 05:12:46:PM » Reply

not free enough for women to determine their own health care, though, eh DJ?
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #11 on: 05 26, 22, 05:19:16:PM » Reply

Jw2, having lost the argument, is desperate to change the subject!
Pages: 1 2 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Why don’t mass shootings happen outside of the US?
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory