Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 09:44:17:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653420 Posts in 297920 Topics by 308 Members
Latest Member: JerryEcold
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Eyes took a dive 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Eyes took a dive  (Read 581 times)
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« on: 03 01, 22, 03:22:48:PM » Reply

Happened a few weeks ago and it was scary.  Now having shots in my eye and waiting for contact from the Low Vision Clinc.  Really miss being on the computer and corresponding generally.  Just joined a writing group too.   I'm following in my father's footsteps - bummer!
Ladyelaine

« Reply #1 on: 03 01, 22, 04:35:57:PM » Reply

Hoping I've used a large enough font for you to read easily enough. You have my sympathy and hope the bloodshots are healable. I've had several episodes myself including during & after an episode of what may have been covid in January of 2020 and again during & after what may have been another variant episode in January of this year. My eyes have never totally cleared up since and some days my vision is better than others. I have Fuchs Dystrophy with dry eye and have to be careful about avoiding overdoing anything that could add more eyestrain and must remind myself not to rub my eyes no matter how much they itch. I avoid all eyedrops that have any ingredient "to get the red out" since that could result in eventually more bloodshots.
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #2 on: 03 02, 22, 04:36:35:AM » Reply

Oh no emily!  I hope that the docs can figure out what's going on and you'll regain full function!
emilyB
Contributor

« Reply #3 on: 03 03, 22, 03:52:48:PM » Reply

Thank you both for your responses.  Certainly the larger print helps but with macular degeneration there is no getring vision restored, only preventive measures to stop it getting worse.  Haven't heard from the low vision clinic yet but I understand they help you live with it and suggest all kinds of devices.  I have already had friends bring me bright reading lamps which help and magnifying glasses.  I can hardly read anything without them.  It all happened so fast which is the scary part but the worst thing is not being able to drive.  I'm blessed to have my son around and long visits from my daughter and grandkids.  I don't plan on giving up cooking or gardening if I can help it.  Just corrected mass errors in this post and handwriting is even worse.  I wrote a check yesterday and it went off the check book and finished up on the tablecloth.   
Jw2

DJB is a closet homo

« Reply #4 on: 03 04, 22, 01:59:54:PM » Reply

my goodness.  that it occurred suddenly...sounds like a major life challenge ahead for you.  sounds like you've got the eye health care addresses and you have good family support. best wishes.
emilyB
Contributor

« Reply #5 on: 03 04, 22, 02:17:47:PM » Reply

Thank you JW - I do have good support and very thankful.
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #6 on: 03 04, 22, 02:53:33:PM » Reply

So sorry to hear this, and we all seem to find ourselves needing more and more fixes for our aging bodies...eyes are our windows on the world, but the magnifier glasses are a Godsend...LOL  I have 3 pairs, one for work, one for the office, one in my purse at all times.

I have also found alternatives to things I love...books on audio instead of holding the copy in my hand, a supply of magnifying glasses in the kitchen and shop for reading small print on the fly (even have a tiny magnifier in my purse when I go antiquing), and I ask a lot of questions when I'm with the hubby or kids, what do you see there?  I am more far sighted now, than near, but reading, even at the computer, has become a chore.

Each day you'll find the way to best keep doing and seeing what you love, and yes, your family is the greatest!
emilyB
Contributor

« Reply #7 on: 03 05, 22, 03:05:29:PM » Reply

Yes takn, I have all those things you mentioned too and I'm not one to give up easily.  I read in bed at night with a huge bright lamp on my nightstand.  I get my new distance glasses on Monday and have tried different strengths of readers in the store but none of those seem to work.  At least I keep physically fit and run up and down stairs and walk a lot so I've got to stop being a moaning Minnie as my Mum would call me.  It will just take a lot of getting used to. 
sunshine
Contributor

« Reply #8 on: 03 06, 22, 01:16:04:PM » Reply

I'm so sorry, emily. I have really bad eyes myself, not as bad as yours, so sad you are going through this.
emilyB
Contributor

« Reply #9 on: 03 07, 22, 03:34:08:PM » Reply

Thanks Sun.  I picked up my new distance glasses today and hardly any difference except the bifocal part has been removed.  They are transitional so it helps in the sunlight but still can't read with them and I have to wait until I am done with the shots in the eye before I try readers again, or plead for computer glasses.
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Eyes took a dive
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory