Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 19, 24, 02:17:00:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660656 Posts in 298613 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: DeSantis proposes a new civilian military force in Florida 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: DeSantis proposes a new civilian military force in Florida  (Read 46 times)
wvit1001

« on: 12 02, 21, 10:53:36:PM » Reply

DeSantis proposes a new civilian military force in Florida that he would control

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis wants to reestablish a World War II-era civilian military force that he, not the Pentagon, would control.

DeSantis pitched the idea Thursday as a way to further support the Florida National Guard during emergencies, like hurricanes. The Florida National Guard has also played a vital role during the pandemic in administering Covid-19 tests and distributing vaccines.

But in a nod to the growing tension between Republican states and the Biden administration over the National Guard, DeSantis also said this unit, called the Florida State Guard, would be "not encumbered by the federal government." He said this force would give him "the flexibility and the ability needed to respond to events in our state in the most effective way possible." DeSantis is proposing bringing it back with a volunteer force of 200 civilians, and he is seeking $3.5 million from the state legislature in startup costs to train and equip them.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/02/politics/florida-state-guard-desantis/index.html
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #1 on: 12 02, 21, 10:57:05:PM » Reply

PENSACOLA, Fla – Today, Governor Ron DeSantis announced more than $100 million in funding proposals to support Florida’s National Guard and establish the Florida State Guard, a civilian volunteer force that will assist the National Guard in state-specific emergencies. The Governor’s budget proposal includes:
  • $87.5 million to expand the existing readiness center in Miramar and to establish three new armories in Homestead, Gainesville and Malabar;
  • $8.9 million for existing armory maintenance;
  • $2.2 million for a new headquarters for the National Guard Counter Drug Program;
  • $5.1 million to support Florida National Guardsmen seeking higher-education degrees; and
  • $3.5 million to establish the Florida State Guard.
“We are proud of our veterans and active-duty military members and proud of what our communities do to support them,” said Governor Ron DeSantis. “Florida is one of the most veteran friendly states and I think there are very few places that you would rather be on duty than in the state of Florida. As a veteran, I really appreciate what everyone who wears the uniform does in our state and am excited about these proposals – they will go a long way and have a meaningful impact. In Florida, we are going to continue our momentum of supporting our military, supporting our veterans and being good stewards of our military installations.”
The military spending budget for the Florida National Guard supports vital emergency response services that the National Guard provides.
The establishment of the Florida State Guard will further support those emergency response efforts in the event of a hurricane, natural disasters and other state emergencies. The $3.5 million to establish the Florida State Guard will enable civilians to be trained in the best emergency response techniques. By establishing the Florida State Guard, Florida will become the 23rd state with a state guard recognized by the federal government.
The budget proposal also includes $12.2 million in scholarships for children and spouses of deceased or disabled veterans, and $3.6 million to improve base infrastructure and support projects that keep our military installations among the best in the nation.
This budget announcement is in addition to other announcements of items that will be in Governor DeSantis’ proposed budget to support law enforcement, education, Everglades restoration and water quality projects.

https://www.flgov.com/2021/12/02/governor-ron-desantis-announces-military-budget-proposal-to-guard-floridas-future/

CNN and CCPWvit caught lying once again!
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #2 on: 12 03, 21, 05:25:23:PM » Reply

There is nothing new about it.  Florida's state guard was first formed in 1941 and disbanded a few years after WWII ended.  It is a state militia independent of the federal government.
WWV10MHZ
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!

LIBERALISM - Spawned by SATAN!

« Reply #3 on: 12 03, 21, 07:47:49:PM » Reply

GREAT IDEA!!!!

It could be used to defend FL Citizens in the event that the Fed tried to take away personal firearms or enforce vax/mask mandates.
wvit1001

« Reply #4 on: 12 03, 21, 07:51:47:PM » Reply

you guys worry about the wierdiest things.   
wvit1001

« Reply #5 on: 12 03, 21, 08:02:44:PM » Reply

chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« Reply #6 on: 12 03, 21, 08:04:51:PM » Reply

It would be preferable to continue making America greater, but we have to fight commies just to maintain what we have.
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

« Reply #7 on: 12 03, 21, 09:17:54:PM » Reply

Today, Democrats have brought back the monarchy, slavery, and segregation!
dont-blameme
Contributor

« Reply #8 on: 12 04, 21, 06:28:49:AM » Reply

We don't worry wvit we stand our ground!
D2D

« Reply #9 on: 12 04, 21, 10:20:40:AM » Reply

Remember CCPWvit says segregation is awesome!
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: DeSantis proposes a new civilian military force in Florida
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory