Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 29, 24, 11:06:54:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653720 Posts in 297947 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Therapeutics Highly Effective in Early COVID Treatment! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Therapeutics Highly Effective in Early COVID Treatment!  (Read 78 times)
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« on: 12 01, 21, 07:49:06:PM » Reply

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/wYiN0y29gEM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/wYiN0y29gEM</a>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYiN0y29gEM

Full video:  https://www.theepochtimes.com/dr-harvey-risch-hydroxychloroquine-ivermectin-and-other-therapeutics-highly-effective-in-early-covid-treatment_4131804.html

Don't let YouTube dictate your thinking or lack thereof!

https://earlycovidcare.org/
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #1 on: 12 01, 21, 07:54:26:PM » Reply

Therapeutics Highly Effective in Early COVID Treatment!

Indeed.  But the Vaccine Cultists want you to believe the vaccine is the ONLY solution.
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

« Reply #2 on: 12 01, 21, 07:55:40:PM » Reply

Yep, the vaccine that neither prevents infection nor transmission!
wvit1001

« Reply #3 on: 12 01, 21, 07:56:11:PM » Reply

In May 2020, the Journal published an opinion piece by a member of the Editorial Board, in which the author reviewed several papers and argued that using hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) + azithromycin (AZ) early to treat symptomatic coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) cases in high-risk patients should be broadly applied.

As members of the Journal’s Editorial Board, we are strongly supportive of open debate in science, which is essential even on highly contentious issues. However, we must also be thorough in our examination of the facts and open to changing our minds when new information arises. In this commentary, we document several important errors in the manuscript, review the literature presented, and demonstrate why it is not of sufficient quality to support scale up of HCQ + AZ, and then discuss the literature that has been generated since the publication, which also does not support use of this therapy. Unfortunately, the current scientific evidence does not support HCQ + AZ as an effective treatment for COVID-19, if it ever did, and even suggests many risks. Continuing to push the view that it is an essential treatment in the face of this evidence is irresponsible and harmful to the many people already suffering from infection.

https://academic.oup.com/aje/article/190/4/491/5898696
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #4 on: 12 01, 21, 08:04:14:PM » Reply

Yep, the vaccine that neither prevents infection nor transmission!
[/FONT]

Exactly.  Even if 100% were vaccinated, the transmission rate would remain the same, as the data shows there is no difference in transmission rates between vaxxed and unvaxxed.

So it's a disingenuous claim to say that vaccination is the path towards ending the pandemic.
wvit1001

« Reply #5 on: 12 01, 21, 08:05:51:PM » Reply

is all that just more of your baseless opinion dan?
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #6 on: 12 01, 21, 08:12:13:PM » Reply

the vaccine that neither prevents infection nor transmission!
[/FONT]

Yep.  That's what the data shows.  There is no difference in transmission between vaxxed and unvaxxed.  So there is zero logic in vaccine mandates as a tool to protect others.  The vaccine protects ONLY the person vaccinated.  And even then it only mitigates symptoms.  It does not affect ability to get infected or transmit the virus.
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #7 on: 12 01, 21, 08:13:24:PM » Reply

The vaccines are no more effective in preventing infection than face masks.  Neither one prevents infection according to the science.
wvit1001

« Reply #8 on: 12 01, 21, 08:14:14:PM » Reply

troll'n old dannyjim is a troll'n.

nothing but baseless opinions and bullshit.

remember dan - WWJD
D2D

« Reply #9 on: 12 01, 21, 08:17:30:PM » Reply

Pay particular attention to the 45 to 47 minute mark!
D2D

« Reply #10 on: 12 01, 21, 08:19:38:PM » Reply

In May 2020, the Journal published an opinion piece by a member of the Editorial Board, in which the author reviewed several papers and argued that using hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) + azithromycin (AZ) early to treat symptomatic coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) cases in high-risk patients should be broadly applied.

As members of the Journal’s Editorial Board, we are strongly supportive of open debate in science, which is essential even on highly contentious issues. However, we must also be thorough in our examination of the facts and open to changing our minds when new information arises. In this commentary, we document several important errors in the manuscript, review the literature presented, and demonstrate why it is not of sufficient quality to support scale up of HCQ + AZ, and then discuss the literature that has been generated since the publication, which also does not support use of this therapy. Unfortunately, the current scientific evidence does not support HCQ + AZ as an effective treatment for COVID-19, if it ever did, and even suggests many risks. Continuing to push the view that it is an essential treatment in the face of this evidence is irresponsible and harmful to the many people already suffering from infection.

https://academic.oup.com/aje/article/190/4/491/5898696
Yet, they show no proof to back up their opinions!

Now, why do you suppose that is?

No such proof exists!
wvit1001

« Reply #11 on: 12 01, 21, 08:22:05:PM » Reply

Yet they do provide plenty of evidence zippy.

here's just one example of their evidence.   there are lots of other examples in their paper.

In May 2020, around the time of Dr. Risch’s comment, a report of an RCT was published in which researchers did compare HCQ (not with AZ) with the standard of care in adults in China (18). These were hospitalized patients, but almost all (n = 148 of 150) had mild to moderate coronavirus infection and the outcome was negative conversion between 2 and 28 days. Perhaps a small benefit was seen, but with very poor precision (risk difference, 4.1%; 95% confidence interval (CI): –10.3%, 18.5%; the authors concluded no benefit on the basis of the P value) (18). Dr. Risch has argued that we cannot use studies in which HCQ and AZ were not used as evidence and, as noted, this study in China did not include AZ. However, the study findings do provide more evidence against any large benefits such as those seen in the Gautret et al. (3) study. A similar result was found in a trial of HCQ (again, not with AZ), by Skipper et al. (19), of 423 adult outpatients in the United States with early, mild disease, 341 of whom had laboratory-confirmed infection. The authors found very little difference in symptom severity compared with placebo at day 14 (–0.27 points; 95% CI: –0.61, 0.07 on a 10-point scale). In a third trial of HCQ alone in Spain of early treatment among 293 patients with mild disease, authors Mitjà et al. (20) found no differences in mean reduction of viral load at day 3. There was some reduction in risk of hospitalization (risk ratio = 0.75; 95% CI: 0.32, 1.77), but the authors concluded no difference on the basis of the lack of significance.
Pages: 1 2 3 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Therapeutics Highly Effective in Early COVID Treatment!
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory