Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 06:26:35:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653547 Posts in 297936 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Atmospheric rivers... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: Atmospheric rivers...  (Read 324 times)
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« on: 11 15, 21, 02:05:32:PM » Reply

We used to call them pineapple expresses...warm temps, tons of rain and wind...lots of flooding due to the high country snows melting and the rivers rising.  I believe the news said we've had about 8"of rain over the past week. 
This is just one road closed in the area...it's pretty bad, and not expected to let up for a couple days.

Ladyelaine

« Reply #1 on: 11 15, 21, 05:05:01:PM » Reply

Reminds me of the misery and inconvenience we sometimes have here in Florida. I hope it drains & dries up quickly.
emilyB
Contributor

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength

« Reply #2 on: 11 19, 21, 02:35:55:PM » Reply

We had a weather alert early in the week warning of rivers rising and flooding in some areas.  There was a homeless encampment in a neighboring town down by the river and also under the bridge.  A homeless woman who had pitched a tent there got swept down the river and lost all of her possessions.  Luckily the fire department managed to save her.  It seems that we have rapidly growing homeless encampments in this State and especially in the major towns/cities.  It is heartbreaking.   A friend of mine who lives in a nice area in Salem woke up one morning and saw her handbag on the floor emptied out.  She never heard the screen being removed from her window or the thief who quietly entered her bedroom.  I'm glad she didn't wake up to confront this person but getting her identity back is a nightmare of a process.  There is a large homeless encampment in a  nearby park and there has been a lot of trouble there and a ration of crimes.  The weather is very harsh this time of the year and I constantly worry about the effect of it now on so many.
Pages: 1  Print 
 |  General Discussion (Anxiety Free Zone)  |  Daily Life  |  Topic: Atmospheric rivers...
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory