Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 18, 24, 10:24:33:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660504 Posts in 298594 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Next best thing to defunding the police 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Next best thing to defunding the police  (Read 102 times)
chuck_curtis
Contributor

Let's go Brandon!

« on: 10 13, 21, 01:17:41:AM » Reply

The Seattle Police Department could be forced to fire up to 40 percent of its workforce when the statewide COVID-19 vaccination mandate goes into effect, according to data posted by the department.

Last week, the department released its current figures for officers’ COVID-19 vaccination status, showing that 292 sworn officers out of about 1,000 haven’t received the shot. However, Seattle Police spokesperson Sgt. Randy Huserik told Fox13 that about 111 additional officers are awaiting the results of requests for exemptions to the vaccine.

Mike Solan, the head of the Seattle Police Guild—a union representing officers in the city—told The Epoch Times Tuesday that his organization isn’t sure of the exact numbers of officers who could be terminated on Oct. 18.

“The department has not released any updated numbers since last Wednesday. We are still bargaining this issue and our next session is this coming Thursday,” Solan said.

In another interview, Solan told KIRO that since the so-called Capitol Hill Organized Protest—also known as the Capitol Hill Autonomous zone—where Black Lives Matter protesters and self-described anarchists took over a neighborhood in downtown Seattle last summer, more than 350 officers have left the department. Across the United States, police unions have said they have faced significant criticism and pressure amid calls to defund the police after widespread protests, riots, and violence last year.

“We’re literally politically betrayed by our elected officials. Even, let’s just say we lose 50 cops—even if we just lose one—it’s devastating to how many losses we’ve already incurred,” he remarked.

If numerous officers leave the department, basic services will be delayed, Solan warned.

“I’m not sure how we answer those 911 calls,” Solan said. “This isn’t alarmist, but this is reality here. And many of the people that I represent are just fed up, and this is the last straw with them as they feel that they’ve been targeted for just being cops here in the city, as they think that this mandate has been politicized. And there’s not much more trust in our elected officials anymore.”

Mayor Jenny Durkan’s office hasn’t responded to a request for comment.

“We value each of you, and do not want to lose you as employees,” Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan told city staff in an email last week about the forthcoming mandate. “But the people that count on you the most are the ones that need you to get vaccinated.”

Washington Gov. Jay Inslee, a Democrat, told Fox13 that agencies across the state have backup plans when the mandate goes into effect.

“These are hard-working people,” Inslee said of first responders. “They’re doing good work. We want them to stay on the team.”

https://www.theepochtimes.com/seattle-police-department-may-fire-numerous-officers-as-hundreds-havent-shown-vaccination-proof_4045109.html
darkflower

« Reply #1 on: 10 13, 21, 04:03:33:AM » Reply

When their primary purppose is to protect the powerful and oppress the rest, who gives a fuck? Cops can go to hell, they are enemies of america worse than isis. Killing them should be legal.
takncarabizniz
DEFLECTION IS THE WEAPON OF COWARDICE !
Contributor

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~

« Reply #2 on: 10 13, 21, 04:19:03:AM » Reply

Wow...just...wow...
darkflower

« Reply #3 on: 10 13, 21, 04:33:50:AM » Reply

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/RpXXUC623ow" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/RpXXUC623ow</a>

yeah, just wow.
lakitss

« Reply #4 on: 10 13, 21, 10:05:26:AM » Reply

Dark clearly has a sordid past with police as she/he continually bashes the only organization in America that faces the dregs of humanity everyday, that seeks justice.

Wow is right.
wvit1001

« Reply #5 on: 10 13, 21, 10:19:04:AM » Reply

wvit1001

« Reply #6 on: 10 13, 21, 10:21:02:AM » Reply

dont-blameme
Contributor

« Reply #7 on: 10 13, 21, 10:42:17:AM » Reply

To list everything wvit fails to see, would take all of the forums band width.
wvit1001

« Reply #8 on: 10 13, 21, 10:45:46:AM » Reply

I fail to see what your racism and bigotry has gained you anything in life blammie.   What goods has it done you?
darkflower

« Reply #9 on: 10 13, 21, 04:07:41:PM » Reply

watch the video, deniers.
D2D
Republicans believe every day is the fourth of July! Democrats believe every day is April 15!

#SayHisName Cannon Hinnant

« Reply #10 on: 10 13, 21, 06:16:56:PM » Reply

Huh?

CCPWvit says mandates are science!

Totalitarian yes, but science no!
Boddhissatva
Honored Member

« Reply #11 on: 10 13, 21, 06:35:44:PM » Reply

When their primary purppose is to protect the powerful and oppress the rest, who gives a fuck? Cops can go to hell, they are enemies of america worse than isis. Killing them should be legal.

Ladies and gentlemen,  take a good look at this post. 

She is literally advocating the murder of police officers
Pages: 1 2 3 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Next best thing to defunding the police
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory