Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 25, 24, 04:29:42:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2662689 Posts in 298804 Topics by 307 Members
Latest Member: northern pharmacy canada
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Recent Observations 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 Print
Author Topic: Recent Observations  (Read 319 times)
gwboolean

« on: 10 12, 10, 02:44:37:PM » Reply

I have observed 3 things over the past 2 weeks that give me just a little (very, very, very cautious) optimism.  I even hate to mention it because I am afraid of jinxing it.  But anyway I one day saw 5 different RORO's go up the Columbia river.  4 were empty and 1 was full.  The empties suggest to me that there must be some American cars starting to be exported (I have never seen empties go up river and by the way, those are the ugliest fucking ships I have ever seen) and the full one suggests that Americans are starting to buy cars again.  This week I have noticed (this has been going on for a couple of months, but I just became aware of it today), there are a few houses beginning to be built in the area where I live (San Diego).  And, most significant for me, I just sold my San Diego house and only lost less than $10,000 (a year ago, if I could sell it at all, I would have taken a 6 figure hit).  Not much and none of it could mean a single thing, but it does give me a little guarded optimism.  Especially the house selling.
mudslinger

JESUS , MARY, JOSEPH , GOD HELP THIS COUNTRY

« Reply #1 on: 10 12, 10, 02:49:24:PM » Reply

The more you drink the better things seem.
whaler23

« Reply #2 on: 10 12, 10, 03:01:29:PM » Reply

Florida and Cali were among the first states to feel the impact of the housing crunch. Cautious logic implied, first out, first back in.
mudslinger

JESUS , MARY, JOSEPH , GOD HELP THIS COUNTRY

« Reply #3 on: 10 12, 10, 03:03:55:PM » Reply

There simply is no thriving industry left to warrant an increase in home prices, there is a glut of used homes out there from California to New York, Don't look for the housing industry to make any significant gains for at least ten  years.
gwboolean

« Reply #4 on: 10 12, 10, 03:08:17:PM » Reply

Fudgebutt,

That is quite true.  I have noticed that since you RWF pricks nearly ruined our country that my alcohol intake has increased.  And I do not disagree that any of this should warrant any optimism and maybe this is no more than wishful thinking.  But the fact remains that I observed three events that have not occurred in America for over 2 years.  It might mean nothing, but it could mean something. 

Whaler,

You could be right.  These are merely things I have recently seen that have been non existent for awhile now and my interpretation of that with a cautious belief that maybe things will get better (they damn sure are not yet).  I hope my mentioning it don't jinx it.  Then everyone will blame me for our bad times and might well be right.
topgear
Honored Member

« Reply #5 on: 10 12, 10, 03:09:28:PM » Reply

Well let's hope for the best, and we'll all blame you anyway.
stanl
« Reply #6 on: 10 12, 10, 03:15:27:PM » Reply

<<<< Well let's hope for the best, >>>>

That should be "Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst"
whaler23

« Reply #7 on: 10 12, 10, 03:24:51:PM » Reply

well, if anyone ever wanted an oceanview condo in Florida, NOW IS THE TIME !
gwboolean

« Reply #8 on: 10 12, 10, 03:31:42:PM » Reply

Top,

We all know that no one should say anything like that out loud, but I at least have to act like I don't believe that.  Even though I do.

Stan,

You are absolutely right, just like those who fail to plan, plan to fail.  And you also need a good dose of luck.  I been pretty lucky, but I have done just about everything a man can do to leave himself in a good situation for the rest of his life with provisions for my family.  And I did OK.  But the fact remains that that seeing something out there that appears to look better for America and believing that maybe it could be the start of a trend.

Whaler,

I don't have ocean view, but I got river view and I got ocean about 10 miles away.  An ocean view is better though and I would have one if I could.
lluke47

« Reply #9 on: 10 12, 10, 03:32:21:PM » Reply

It's definitely a buyers market if only someone had money that needed a house..
The price of housing hasn't gone down everywhere, it depends on where you are and the economy in that part of the country...Here where I am it is slow but not cheap..
gwboolean

« Reply #10 on: 10 12, 10, 03:49:55:PM » Reply

Puke,

Yeah, everything all of you say here is true.  But what the hell, a drowning man (and I know that I am hardly drowning, I just feel like I am) will generally grab at anything floating (even a turd if need be and I am sure that you know to whom I refer, and it ain't Georgie boy either).  That was floating, so I grabbed.
whaler23

« Reply #11 on: 10 12, 10, 03:53:47:PM » Reply

florida too ...

http://www.floridarealtors.org/NewsAndEvents/article.cfm?id=247477
Pages: 1 2 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: Recent Observations
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source