Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 19, 24, 03:09:45:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660689 Posts in 298615 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: The Kenyan Gave General Electric $24.9 Million Paybakulous Payolla Pac 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 Print
Author Topic: The Kenyan Gave General Electric $24.9 Million Paybakulous Payolla Pac  (Read 761 times)
sine-qua-non
ACCOLADES

Try Jesus, if you no like, Satan will take U back

« on: 10 12, 10, 01:33:41:PM » Reply

Obama Administration Gave General Electric—Parent Company of NBC--$24.9 Million in ‘Stimul
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/oba ... nistration-gave-general-electr

The Obama administration gave corporate giant General Electric—the parent company of NBC--$24.9 million in grants from the $787-billion economic “stimulus” law President Barack Obama signed in February 2009, according to records posted by the administration at Recovery.gov.
Despite getting $24.9 million from U.S. taxpayers, GE decreased its U.S.-based employees by 18,000 in 2009, according to the company’s 2009 annual report.

According to Standard & Poor's, GE took in $156 billion in revenue in 2009.

Payback/Payolla;

GE was the primary recipient of 14 stimulus grants, a spokeswoman for Recovery.gov confirmed to CNSNews.com. These 14 grants provided GE with $24.9 million in tax dollars. On four additional stimulus grants, the primary recipient of the federal money hired GE as a contractor. Recovery.gov is the administration’s website that tracks stimulus expenditures.

At the end of 2008, GE employed 152,000 U.S. workers, according to its 2009 annual report. But at the end of 2009, according to the report, it employed only 134,000 U.S. workers, a decline of 18,000 workers.

The Energy Department provided GE with 9 stimulus grants, the Department of Health and Human Services provided the company with 3, and the Justice Department and the Commerce Department each gave the company 1 stimulus grant.

All of these federal stimulus grants went to GE’s Global Research Center.
The earliest of the stimulus grants went to GE in July 2009 and the latest in April 2010.

CNSNews.com asked a GE spokesperson if the company contested Recovery.gov’s representation that GE had received 14 stimulus grants worth $24.9 million, and also whether the company now employed more or fewer workers as a result of receiving the grants.

In an e-mail response, GE spokeswoman Anne Eisele said, “I’m afraid I must politely decline to comment.”

What did all the money to GE go for? Recovery.gov posts brief explanations of each grant. For example, the Department of Justice gave GE $999,955 in stimulus money. “The goal of this program,” said Recovery.gov, “is to develop a comprehensive reasoning system for event and scenario recognition for an intelligent video system.

In addition to the $24.9 million it received in stimulus grants, GE was also awarded $5 million in federal contracts under the economic stimulus law. These contracts were payment for services provided by the company.

Now you know why MSNBC is being the Kenyans lap dog with stooges like Olbermann and Madcow
captain_kook
Laughing at the right-wingrrrr corporate-front-Tea Party-GOP-TalkRadio Cult! Yes - YOU!

« Reply #1 on: 10 12, 10, 01:37:12:PM » Reply

wow

GE has FAR MORE FUNDING THAN THAT from the Defense Dept.

One of the biggest war-profiteering corporations in the world

and you bitch about this little bit of Stimulus funding
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #2 on: 10 12, 10, 01:40:42:PM » Reply

No wonder NBC and particularly MSNBC are in the tank for Obama.  Now we know.
lluke47

« Reply #3 on: 10 12, 10, 01:41:35:PM » Reply

GE was all about war profiteering, they were the biggest supplier of weapons parts to iran used to kill Americans with..
Did I mention GE's ceo is a flaming liberal who kisses obumba's butt...
captain_kook
Laughing at the right-wingrrrr corporate-front-Tea Party-GOP-TalkRadio Cult! Yes - YOU!

« Reply #4 on: 10 12, 10, 01:44:54:PM » Reply

No wonder NBC and particularly MSNBC are in the tank for Obama.

LOL!!!!
NBC has a job to do:

promote profitable wars for GE's benefit

They were the MOST pro-war network of all of them - only Fox surpassed their war-mongering
Byteryder
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

ante omnia armari

« Reply #5 on: 10 12, 10, 02:00:53:PM » Reply

Did anyone ever think the Stimulus was anything other than a thinly disguised Political payola scheme?
captain_kook

« Reply #6 on: 10 12, 10, 02:03:01:PM » Reply

no

because I'm not a Cult member who believes anything Rushglennsean says
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #7 on: 10 12, 10, 02:03:05:PM » Reply

NBC has a job to do

I know.  It's not easy covering for their employee in chief.

promote profitable wars for GE's benefit

Don't forget the Cap and Trade legislation.  GE stands to make $billions if that passes.  Why do you think they keep pushing their global warming agenda on their network?
captain_kook

« Reply #8 on: 10 12, 10, 02:04:27:PM » Reply

That's one of the reasons the Republicans were all for Cap and Trade in 2008

until they lost and went against Cap and Trade because Obama was also for it
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #9 on: 10 12, 10, 02:12:14:PM » Reply

That's one of the reasons the Republicans were all for Cap and Trade in 2008
Whoaaaaaaaaaaa.

No way.  Sure, a few RINOs support it.  McCain, Graham, Murkowski, Snowe, Collins, and to some extent Bush, but most Republicans are adamately OPPOSED to it because they know it will destroy jobs and the economy.

We would be shooting ourselves in the foot for no reason.

That makes no logical sense.

Graham, Murkowski, Snowe, Collins, and McCain STILL support Cap and Trade.  The Republicans who opposed it still oppose it.

Who has changed their position on Cap and Trade?  Give me a name.
captain_kook

« Reply #10 on: 10 12, 10, 02:14:06:PM » Reply

That makes no logical sense.

Of course it makes sense.

That's been the only GOP strategy since they lost in 2008:

OPPOSE ANYTHING Obama tries to do

even if they themselves proposed and supported it too.
captain_kook

« Reply #11 on: 10 12, 10, 02:18:39:PM » Reply

Who has changed their position on Cap and Trade?  Give me a name.

Sarah Palin

John McCain

"McCain has consistently ....urged action to curb global warming and favors a cap-and-trade system that many in his party oppose. "
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=94057387

Remember when Republicans liked cap-and-trade?

wasn't so long ago that a number of Republican senators actually thought happy thoughts about cap-and-trade or carbon pricing -- before they got on board with the official GOP talking points and started referring to any climate policy as a "job-killing national energy tax."

http://www.grist.org/article/2010-06-29-remember-when-republicans-liked-cap-and-trade
Pages: 1 2 Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: The Kenyan Gave General Electric $24.9 Million Paybakulous Payolla Pac
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory