Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
04 20, 24, 08:55:49:AM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2660980 Posts in 298645 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: A Challenge to the Republicans.. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4  Print
Author Topic: A Challenge to the Republicans..  (Read 1728 times)
whaler23

« Reply #36 on: 10 12, 10, 02:42:24:PM » Reply

sit back and watch dano ramble and ramble and ramble

other than the generic talking points nobody has answered stans questions ... but dont feel bad, the republican leaders who were responsible for making THE BIG PLEDGE couldnt either.
stanl
« Reply #37 on: 10 12, 10, 03:10:25:PM » Reply

Sorry ..'dan'.. but my challenge was to the Republicans, not a debate about the economy.  We both, I'm sure, come from different backgrounds and different life styles.  So you hang on to your beliefs and I'll hang on to mine.

The Republican base blames Obama for our problems and the Democrats blame Bush for this mess.  What I want is for whoever is in charge to fix this country and quit pointing fingers and blaming the other guy.  otherwise don't expect anything good to come out of D. C.

btw ~ My challenge was a simple request, not another blame game...   
Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #38 on: 10 12, 10, 03:20:19:PM » Reply

Sorry ..'dan'.. but my challenge was to the Republicans
I understand.  I was merely pointing out you set up an impossible standard for the GOP to reach - to convince Obama to change his mind.

We both, I'm sure, come from different backgrounds and different life styles.
I grew up in a lower middle class home.  My dad used to work in the Space industry in Florida, but was laid off.  He took a paper route to make ends meet.  My mom had to take a job in hospice care.  Eventually my dad got a job in California, working as a defense contract auditor.  Through hard work and diligence, he became successful and prosperous.  I learned those lessons well.  I learned how to be thrifty and diligent.  I learned how to save and invest.  I learned how to take control of my own destiny.

I don't think I'm very much different than you.

The Republican base blames Obama for our problems

Rightly so.  He is directing the democrat congress what to do.

What I want is for whoever is in charge to fix this country and quit pointing fingers and blaming the other guy.
I want the same thing.

btw ~ My challenge was a simple request, not another blame game...
I know, Stan.  But your challenge was unreasonable.  You're asking the impossible.
upyrwazoo
Contributor

« Reply #39 on: 10 12, 10, 03:35:18:PM » Reply

Fair enough ~ So tell me - How will repealing the health care and making Bush's tax cut permanent going to fix everything?

WELL FOR ONE THING IT WILL LET EMPLOYERS KNOW WHERE THEY STAND FINANCIALLY! AS OF RIGHT NOW NOBODY IS SECURE NOT KNOWING THE COST OF HEALTH CARE OR EVEN THEIR TAXES DUE TO THE GUTLESS DEMOCRATS WHO LEDFT DC WITHOUT PASSING A BILL! BTW STAN HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN THAT OBAMA BROKE VIRTUALLY EVERY CAMPAIGN PROMISE, HE DID THINGS IN SECRECY, HE HAD TO BRIBE SO MANY MEMBERS OF HIS OWN PARTY TO PASS A BILL THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE SOOOO GOOD,  NOW WHY WOULD THAT BE STAN?Huh? WHY DID OBAMA MAKE A DEAL WITH THE UNIONS AND BIG PHARMA, ANOTHER PROMISE OUT THE DOOR!
stanl
« Reply #40 on: 10 12, 10, 03:56:18:PM » Reply

<<<< I was merely pointing out you set up an impossible standard for the GOP to reach  >>>>

"Well Now Then There"  isn't that exactly what the Republicans are doing ( impossible standards ) for the Democrats and Obama.

Again sorry ..'dan'.. but nothing is impossible.  except when People ( Government in particular ) do not have the intelligence or the desire to make things possible.

stanl
« Reply #41 on: 10 12, 10, 04:13:33:PM » Reply

<<<< BTW STAN HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN THAT OBAMA BROKE VIRTUALLY EVERY CAMPAIGN PROMISE, >>>>

To begin with, anybody who gets caught up in campaign promises has a lot to learn.  Obama hasn't done anything differently than Presidents have done before him.  Given the tail spin this country was in when Obama took over, I'm surprised we are not worse off than what we are now.  You say Obama isn't getting anything done, well here maybe is your chance to show us your better.  and if that's asking the impossible, well then so be it...

All I really expect from the Republicans is to either put-up or shut-up.  And I don't believe that is to much to ask.

Time Will Tell...
wralst
Honored Member

« Reply #42 on: 10 12, 10, 05:17:46:PM » Reply

It is only just another of the pendulum swings of American politics.

Nothing will actually change - the big PR firms will still be raking it in selling their stuff to the same placid, scared and cowering bunch of Americans that they always do.

That group will do the usual actions to assure that the pendulum swings.

Dan
Contributor

JW2 is a homosexual

« Reply #43 on: 10 12, 10, 05:34:25:PM » Reply

Well Now Then There"  isn't that exactly what the Republicans are doing ( impossible standards ) for the Democrats and Obama.

As far as I know, Republicans have not set the standard of success for Obama and the democrats as being able to convince Republicans to adopt the democrat agenda.  The standard is whether or not their policies are good for America.

Again sorry ..'dan'.. but nothing is impossible.
You don't know Obama very well if you think it's possible for him to adopt the Republican agenda.  Barrack Obama is not Bill Clinton.  He will not change.

except when People ( Government in particular ) do not have the intelligence or the desire to make things possible.
Or when the President is so stubborn that no amount of effort, pursuasion, facts, logic, etc. will sway him.

There simply is no evidence that Obama can be swayed from his ideology.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: A Challenge to the Republicans..
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About
Slaves and Indians

r/K Theory