Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
03 28, 24, 07:17:50:PM

Login with username and password

Biden Does NOT need a BILL to close the border
He only needs a PEN. Thats all he needed to open it.
Thats all he needed to close it. Thats all Trump needed.
Maybe this is just Proof Trump is better than Biden.

Search:     Advanced search
2653561 Posts in 297938 Topics by 306 Members
Latest Member: chachamukhtar
* Website Home Help Login Register
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: For you mental midgets 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1  Print
Author Topic: For you mental midgets  (Read 335 times)
Honored Member

« on: 10 12, 10, 11:39:46:AM » Reply

Who think you are mental Giants

Take this quiz to see if you're Mensa material:
1. What is the four-digit number in which the first digit is one-fifth the last, and the second and third digits are the last digit multiplied by 3? (Hint: The sum of all digits is 12.)
2. Jane went to visit Jill. Jill is Jane's only husband's mother-in-law's only husband's only daughter's only daughter. What relation is Jill to Jane?
3. Which of these words is least like the others? The difference has nothing to do with vowels, consonants or syllables: PAIRS, ETCHERS, ZIPPER
4. Tabitha likes cookies but not cake. She likes mutton but not lamb, and she likes okra but not squash. Following the same rule, will she like cherries or pears?
5. What is the number that is one more than one-tenth of one-fifth of one-half of 4,000?
6. In a foot race, Jerry was neither first nor last. Janet beat Jerry, Jerry beat Pat. Charlie was neither first nor last. Charlie beat Rachel. Pat beat Charlie. Who came in last?
7. Find the number that best completes the following sequence: 1 2 4 7 11? 22
8. Marian bought four oranges and three lemons for 90 cents. The next day she bought three oranges and four lemons for 85 cents. How much did each lemon and orange cost?
9. Start with the number of total mittens the (nursery rhyme) kittens lost, and multiply by the voting age in the USA. What's the answer?
10. There is at least one nine-letter word that contains only one vowel. Do you know what it is?
National Mensa Testing Day is Saturday; for details and locations, visit    us.mensa.org
Source: Abbie Salny, Mensa
Honored Member

« Reply #1 on: 10 12, 10, 11:49:21:AM » Reply

add the word more to # 3 : More,Pairs, etchers, zipper

sorry.
Contributor
Honored Member

« Reply #2 on: 10 12, 10, 12:23:28:PM » Reply

Who think you are mental Giants

Take this quiz to see if you're Mensa material:
1. What is the four-digit number in which the first digit is one-fifth the last, and the second and third digits are the last digit multiplied by 3? (Hint: The sum of all digits is 12.)
2. Jane went to visit Jill. Jill is Jane's only husband's mother-in-law's only husband's only daughter's only daughter. What relation is Jill to Jane?
3. Which of these words is least like the others? The difference has nothing to do with vowels, consonants or syllables: MORE, PAIRS, ETCHERS, ZIPPER
4. Tabitha likes cookies but not cake. She likes mutton but not lamb, and she likes okra but not squash. Following the same rule, will she like cherries or pears?
5. What is the number that is one more than one-tenth of one-fifth of one-half of 4,000?
6. In a foot race, Jerry was neither first nor last. Janet beat Jerry, Jerry beat Pat. Charlie was neither first nor last. Charlie beat Rachel. Pat beat Charlie. Who came in last?
7. Find the number that best completes the following sequence: 1 2 4 7 11? 22
8. Marian bought four oranges and three lemons for 90 cents. The next day she bought three oranges and four lemons for 85 cents. How much did each lemon and orange cost?
9. Start with the number of total mittens the (nursery rhyme) kittens lost, and multiply by the voting age in the USA. What's the answer?
10. There is at least one nine-letter word that contains only one vowel. Do you know what it is?
National Mensa Testing Day is Saturday; for details and locations, visit    us.mensa.org
Source: Abbie Salny, Mensa

#1. 1155

#2. daughter

#3.  zipper -- the original way you posed it without the word "MORE" then the answer would have been

#4.  cherries

#5. Do you mean THE number or A number?  A number that would fit is 41.

#6.  Rachel

#7.  11

#8.  Oranges 15 cents, Lemons 10 cents

#9. 54

#10.  Strengths

Of course, I did make the mistake of answering this when you addressed it to the mental midgets.

The lower echelon RWs are the mental midgets and they wouldn't even dare trying this quiz.
Honored Member

« Reply #3 on: 10 12, 10, 12:34:38:PM » Reply

Good job 13, you only missed 1, number 9. You could be a mensa candidate!
Honored Member

« Reply #4 on: 10 12, 10, 12:36:35:PM » Reply

#7 is also wrong
Honored Member

« Reply #5 on: 10 12, 10, 12:37:53:PM » Reply

8 correct is very respectable!
Contributor
Honored Member

« Reply #6 on: 10 12, 10, 12:42:30:PM » Reply

Good job 13, you only missed 1, number 9. You could be a mensa candidate!

Oh, damn. I multiplied by the number of kittens which is 3 instead of their mittens which would have been 6  which multiplied by 18 = 108.

I plead killer headache that has my eyes going nutz with the tiny type...  in fact, I'm going to see the doc -- and have been seeing her about these headaches for awhile now -- later this afternoon...

Damn.
Contributor
Honored Member

« Reply #7 on: 10 12, 10, 12:48:30:PM » Reply

#7 is also wrong

Yeah, that one had me worried.  What IS the answer to #7?

I thought maybe it could be 18 by one internal hierarchy, but then the 22 wouldn't fit the scheme.

Wait.  On second thought, don't tell me.  I want to work on this one.
Honored Member

« Reply #8 on: 10 12, 10, 12:51:59:PM » Reply

3 kittens = 4 paws, 4 mittens 12x 18= 216
Contributor
Honored Member

« Reply #9 on: 10 12, 10, 12:59:12:PM » Reply

3 kittens = 4 paws, 4 mittens 12x 18= 216

The mittens only go on the front paws!  Boots go on the back paws. 

If the question had stated paws, that would be correct, but it stated mittens...  on which, unfortunately, I didn't focus, anyway... 

BUT kittens who wear mittens only wear two on their front paws and boots on their back paws.  Everybody knows that!  *L*

I rest my case:  http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_a0FVBLp0mSU/SS8SygMlukI/AAAAAAAAAX4/A11yOW-LdSA/s400/51NBESAKQAL._SL500_.jpg

Pages: 1  Print 
 |  All Boards  |  Current Events  |  Topic: For you mental midgets
Jump to:  

AesopsRetreat Links

AesopsRetreat
YouTube Channel

Rules For Radicals.

2nd Amendment Source

5 minute Education

Join Me at KIVA
My Kiva Stats

Truth About